Bard?

Shrike Arghast.3856

I like bards in fantasy lore (not really FFXIV's take, which is really more of a glorified archer, but rather the instrument-toting, buff-focused, sometimes-1h-sword-wielding support class). Obviously, GW2 doesn't have a true bard - which is totally fine. I'm not here to cry over it, but rather to brainstorm the closest I can come to playing one of these musicians with what the game has given me.

I consider the criteria for what makes a bard a bard (in no particular order):

1. Buffs.
  2. Some sort of musical theming.
  3. Can use traditional bard-like 1hs like daggers and swords.
  4. (Potentially) leather-ish armor.

Given the above, I'm currently playing a 1h sword (and possibly eventually a dagger with spellbreaker)-using warrior with a warhorn. It seems to fulfill the basic criteria (particularly the use of an instrument), with the exception of heavy armor (which is largely overcome through outfits and wardrobe use).

My question is: is this the nearest I can come? Does any prof/specialization better fit the notion of a bard?

Edited by Shrike Arghast.3856
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Do you have a hotline I can call when I want somebody to do a forum search for me?

😆

GW2 has been around for 10 years.  There is hardly ever, if ever, a unique idea or proposal that hasn't already been brought up and discussed.  Searching the forum is ridiculously easy.  Most (many) posters are simply too lazy to even try it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shrike Arghast.3856 said:

I like bards in fantasy lore (not really FFXIV's take, which is really more of a glorified archer, but rather the instrument-toting, buff-focused, sometimes-1h-sword-wielding support class). Obviously, GW2 doesn't have a true bard - which is totally fine. I'm not here to cry over it, but rather to brainstorm the closest I can come to playing one of these musicians with what the game has given me.

I consider the criteria for what makes a bard a bard (in no particular order):

1. Buffs.
  2. Some sort of musical theming.
  3. Can use traditional bard-like 1hs like daggers and swords.
  4. (Potentially) leather-ish armor.

Given the above, I'm currently playing a 1h sword (and possibly eventually a dagger with spellbreaker)-using warrior with a warhorn. It seems to fulfill the basic criteria (particularly the use of an instrument), with the exception of heavy armor (which is largely overcome through outfits and wardrobe use).

My question is: is this the nearest I can come? Does any prof/specialization better fit the notion of a bard?

A support Tempest using shouts with warhorn off hand might fit the bill.