[Suggestion] Gift of Battle outside WvW

Radnor.4185

Please, put on the game the possibility of farming gift of  battle on another content. WvW is an walking simulator with a ridiculous slow progress. I understand it should take some time to complete the reward track, but if I compare WvW with PvP, for instance, I get several times the progress of any reward track on PvP in the same amount of time, and it doesn't make me wanna sleep. It's not understandable at all why you would want to lock a whole part of the game behind a game mode so unbearable. If WvW needs such a predatory method to even exist, it probably shoudn't exist anymore.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Radnor.4185 said:

Please, put on the game the possibility of farming gift of  battle on another content. WvW is an walking simulator with a ridiculous slow progress. I understand it should take some time to complete the reward track, but if I compare WvW with PvP, for instance, I get several times the progress of any reward track on PvP in the same amount of time, and it doesn't make me wanna sleep. It's not understandable at all why you would want to lock a whole part of the game behind a game mode so unbearable. If WvW needs such a predatory method to even exist, it probably shoudn't exist anymore.

Nothing wrong with asking, but WvW doesn't exist for GoB and its not filled with people that are there just for GoB. So no thanks WvWers and us PvXers would like it to continue to exist. WvWers usually have the same question on why they need to leave to get the GoE. That said there have been many threads about it and people have said many different possible options from allowing them to be traded on the TP, to exchange systems and other such options. So good hunting to you and considering they have been adding more QoL changes recently this one might come about. But next time, please don't call for another player's game mode to be removed while in your request. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I love how their approach for this problem is always to attack the game mode. Omg people won't leave me alone, omg 8hrs is too long, omg people want to kill me in a pvp mode, omg I can sit in a corner and avoid everything but still get progress, omg I can't get enough participation from repairs now, omg it's so boring please delete wvw or move gob to pve kthxbye.

All when you can pve easier than actual pve.

I don't see this as a pve vs wvwer thing. Plenty of pvers farm their gift of battle and plenty of wvers farm their map exploration. Heck I'm doing my 2nd tyria exploration in so many years and it sucks.

I hate to say it but I don't think people should be able to pick and choose for a legendary. You can't claim exemptions like "I don't like raids, so it shouldn't count" or else this never ends. "I don't like zergs, so remove all world rank requirements". Eventually it just becomes "I don't want to do anything".

All this for a +0% increase on combat ability. Like just buy some infusions lmao.

And that's fine. You can just farm gold and still get legendary weapons.

That being said, I'm all for making reward tracks faster, or making it award more than 1 GoB per track. Who knows really. Maybe even allow people to buy it but you need to do the reward track at least once to unlock this ability.

Problem is none of this would really solve anything, because as you've seen lately. Even10 minutes to get it would not be acceptable.

I think Anet just knows that any given solution would be futile tbh.

Although do note the celebration/birthday booster only gives 10%.

edit: Also just buy the damned weapon. 😮

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

13 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Gibe Envoy legendary armor for skirmish tickets.  Kthxbye 

Just give it the legendary 3.0 treatment, complete the legendary set, then buy the variant skins of the other sections for like 50k tickets, there, something for those 1% of wvw people to spend their bank of tickets on.

Anet could restore the old eod boss meta and make the pvers work for their Legendaries like the all mighty Turtle before easy mode. If they have complaints about a day worth of wvw participation for a gift of battle 🤔😋. Otherwise there is always the ascended method through berry transactions in bitterfrost 🤷‍♂️. Meanwhile in wvw to get a ascended ring takes skirmish tickets and 50 gold worth of memories of battle. So more or less a problem of commitment versus effort 😂🤣

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Just give it the legendary 3.0 treatment, complete the legendary set, then buy the variant skins of the other sections for like 50k tickets, there, something for those 1% of wvw people to spend their bank of tickets on.

I like that.  

Or, create a ‘Gift of Substitution’ for skirmish tickets.  Like 10000 tickets per gift, and those gifts can be used to buy gifts of exploration or gifts of maguuma or gifts of ‘whatever-you-want-to-insert-here’. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Radnor.4185 said:

If WvW needs such a predatory method to even exist, it probably shoudn't exist anymore.

Ahh yes the thousand year old predatory method of *checks notes* following a shiny arrow around the map and pressing 1 occasionally. (Meanwhile gift of exploration with the literal brain degen gameplay of completing over 300 Hearts)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I like that.  

Or, create a ‘Gift of Substitution’ for skirmish tickets.  Like 10000 tickets per gift, and those gifts can be used to buy gifts of exploration or gifts of maguuma or gifts of ‘whatever-you-want-to-insert-here’. 

I stand by this. I hate leaving wvw to get those gifts and gift of exploration is just....... ughhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I like that.  

Not a bad suggestion either. Takes 28 weeks to earn 10k tickets, little more than what you would need for the regular wvw leg armor itself for that one component.

18 hours ago, Radnor.4185 said:

WvWers have to do PvE to earn PvE exclusive items so PvE players can do WvW to earn WvW exclusive items. Seems quite fair to me especially as there are vastly more PvE locked items than WvW locked items.

• Like 3