Mesmer - Profession Balance Update

Tseison.4659

Notes from the Twitch stream

• Chronomancer and Virtuoso gain Distortion.
  • Continuum Shift: This skill has been moved to slot 5 of the profession mechanic bar. Distortion is now accessible in slot 4.
  • Bladeturn Requiem: This skill has been moved to slot 5 of the profession mechanic bar. Distortion is now accessible in slot 4.
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter: Reduced boonrip from 5 to 2 (WvW)
  • Null Field: Increased cooldown from 25 to 35 (WvW)
  • Mantra of Concentration: Increased stability from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 5 stacks for 5 seconds (WvW). Increased ammunition recharge from 30 seconds to 35 seconds (WvW). Increased radius from 240 to 600.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

To be fair they did say they're looking at giving Mirage its second dodge back but not this update.

still doesn't explain why Mirage would be too OP with 2 dodges these days.

+

nerfing null field ? why ? i mean, it's like most of the usefulness of the chrono in WvW (beside illu (lol) and grav well (lol when they don't have stability) )

Seems like the devs only like guard/scourges/warzerkers comp in their zergs

• Sad 2

*World's smallest violin plays for mirage mains*

We already had spvp era of mirages, to the point mirage bots were rampant and murdering ppl who didn't know the profession inside out and sideways too, or had foolproof insta burst answer.

Back when it had two dodges the spec was a pure attrocity. If they want to bring dodges back , make sure half of spvp won't be running mirage again..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

33 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Thanks for the update!  Did they mention if this change was global or WvW only?  And how is it being implemented?  And what will be lost to gain distortion?

They didn’t really go in depth which I was hoping to since they sorta did for other professions….not really surprised?

But yeah I was waiting for some clarity on the Distortion. I want to “assume” that Distortion will either a F5 skill? I don’t think it would be that powerful since you’ll have to generate enough clones/blades for a longer duration. Who knows though, we’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

They didn’t really go in depth which I was hoping to since they sorta did for other professions….not really surprised?

But yeah I was waiting for some clarity on the Distortion. I want to “assume” that Distortion will either a F5 skill? I don’t think it would be that powerful since you’ll have to generate enough clones/blades for a longer duration. Who knows though, we’ll have to wait and see.

they added this. 

basically Chrono and Virt get F4 moved to F5 and F4 is new Distortion skill. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364

16 minutes ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

+

nerfing null field ? why ? i mean, it's like most of the usefulness of the chrono in WvW (beside illu (lol) and grav well (lol when they don't have stability) )

I too was a bit confused at the PD and Null Field nerfs as those are key skills to help against these boon balls and heavy boons in WvW as boons go out just as fast as they can be removed. 

I know they said they’re working on reducing the rate at boons being put out, but increasing the CD for Null Field and reducing the boon removal from PD says differently…

4 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

they added this. 

basically Chrono and Virt get F4 moved to F5 and F4 is new Distortion skill. 

Oh good. Yeah just as I thought they’d do, happy to hear! 👍 Distortion is such a staple to our survival and we’re so conditioned into having it, so I’m really happy they gave it to us for Virtuoso and Chronomancer.

Edited by Tseison.4659

3 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

I too was a bit confused at the PD and Null Field nerfs as those are key skills to help against these boon balls and heavy boons in WvW as boons go out just as fast as they can be removed. 

I know they said they’re working on reducing the rate at boons being put out, but increasing the CD for Null Field and reducing the boon removal from PD says differently…

Yeah. Scourge already had a secured spot in WvW since PoF release. It will remain as it is since they're probably be, again, the main source of boon stripping for zergs.

While chronos will go back to the becnh. Probably quickly followed by scrappers (my actual main class in WvW).

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

Yeah. Scourge already had a secured spot in WvW since PoF release. It will remain as it is since they're probably be, again, the main source of boon stripping for zergs.

While chronos will go back to the becnh. Probably quickly followed by scrappers (my actual main class in WvW).

There still should be other classes that can boon strip effectively as well. I don’t necessarily want Mesmer to be better than Scourge boon stripping, but I don’t think we deserved that nerf. 

Not to relate it to something else but when we had Alac first and then all of a sudden every other class was given our stuff. So I don’t see anything wrong with giving us some boon strips as well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tseison.4659 said:

There still should be other classes that can boon strip effectively as well. I don’t necessarily want Mesmer to be better than Scourge boon stripping, but I don’t think we deserved that nerf. 

Not to relate it to something else but when we had Alac first and then all of a sudden every other class was given our stuff. So I don’t see anything wrong with giving us some boon strips as well.

Well, they did mention they wanted specs like Druid to be closer and competitive support wise to the Guardian. Tho they probably won't make it that close.

i'm pretty sure Anet never liked the mesmer anyway. Not the recent devs at Anet anyway.

Pretty much like our hater 'friend' above complaining about how much his days in PvP back 3 years ago were tough and sad since he couldn't effectively play against and counter mirages....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

To be fair they did say they're looking at giving Mirage its second dodge back but not this update.

Yeah I was pretty happy to hear this but I would’ve appreciated an ETA because once this update goes through, Mirage will be the only elite spec sitting with one dodge while everyone else gets two dodges 😖🙎 since Vindi is no longer a one dodge class.

Virtuoso getting access to both Distortion and Bladeturn Requiem is potentially super spicy 

Distortion into Blade Renewal into Bladeturn Requiem is like potentially 10 seconds of back to back active damage mitigation if Distortion has the same up time as core distortion.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

+

They said they want to have more stability and less CC. They want to remove interesting interactions and make boon balls even more immune to everything. So they buff stability mantra and nerf Null Field. It all makes sense from their point of view.

They want PvP fights to be super boring.

• Sad 1

Can't imagine the amount of nerfs/tradeoffs  they will nail to the Mirage in exchange of bring back the second dodge...  Infinite Horizont remove? Mirage Cloak extra tradeoff? "Evade" removed from Mirage Cloak?  Convert Mirage Mirrors in in jelly beans you eat in exchange of one or two stacks of might?  We will see it...  someday... The day of the Mirage  <- 💀

What the kitten.

3 lines of minor utility adjustments, and two bizarre changes - one a revert (oh yeah remember we got an extra Shatter in exchange for only getting an offhand weapon... could have just stayed like that and saved going round in circles), and the other I can't think of any words.

I thought we were going for some attempt at differentiating elite spec F skills.

Does nobody want to touch mirage?

Will Star Citizen be finished and Half Life 3 be released before this happens?

I hope there are more notes.

• Haha 2