Mesmer - Profession Balance Update

Tseison.4659

Ill be honest...and i might get alot of confusion emote and kitten for this but Virtuoso really didnt need the Distortion. Survivability wasn't a huge issue on Virtuoso it was everything else with the bugs, the slow projectile speed, the huge animations. There are a lot of things that they still need to fix on Virtuoso and giving them Distortion isn't one of them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm so happy to see distortion returned to Chrono. I don't think Virt needed it, but if it counts as a bladesong for the spec, it'll be nice for jagged mind uptime in PvE.

Love to hear mirage second dodge is on the table and being aimed at. The spec had its time in the sun, but many of us weren't around for it. I'd like to play my favourite spec in PvP without feeling kitten.

20 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Ill be honest...and i might get alot of confusion emote and kitten for this but Virtuoso really didnt need the Distortion. Survivability wasn't a huge issue on Virtuoso it was everything else with the bugs, the slow projectile speed, the huge animations. There are a lot of things that they still need to fix on Virtuoso and giving them Distortion isn't one of them.

I agree as we already have Blade Renewal, which I still stand by my original thought in having that as our F4 and then the block just be a utility skill. Now this may create some problems due to high up time for Distortion via Mimic and Signet of Illusions. Mind you, in WvW taking those are situational yet not worth the slot as Blink & Blade Renewal are already staples in combat, leaving the extra slot for a break stun, cleanse etc…

I’m sure when the update does go through though, they’ll do some tweaking so there isn’t any abuse of Distortion. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulciber.3025 said:

I'm so happy to see distortion returned to Chrono. I don't think Virt needed it, but if it counts as a bladesong for the spec, it'll be nice for jagged mind uptime in PvE.

It’ll likely just be treated as our core/regular Distortion and nothing more unique.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

*World's smallest violin plays for mirage mains*

We already had spvp era of mirages, to the point mirage bots were rampant and murdering ppl who didn't know the profession inside out and sideways too, or had foolproof insta burst answer.

Back when it had two dodges the spec was a pure attrocity. If they want to bring dodges back , make sure half of spvp won't be running mirage again..

Mirage was out of the meta in like mid 2019, way before mirage 2 dodges were removed. But I forgot, apparently we should balance the game for Timmy who cannot get to G1. Sorry Timmy, nerfing mirages did not get you to G1. There is a ton or other better performing stuff. 

Edited by otto.5684
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm ok with the changes except null field.

Null field is bugged already and the only blockable utility boonstrip.

What's worse, aegis doesn't get stripped it blocks it, and any block prevents all the pulses from working.

They need to make null field unblockable, then it will make sense to raise the cooldown if they have to.

But now, it just made a bad skill worse.

Hell, Disenchanter managed to strip more boons than null field ever did. And that's a phantasm that doesn't really work half the time in WvW.

But for the rest - dare i hope? That mesmers will get treated fairly from now on? And no nerfed into oblivion because someone lost against one in PvP?

I'm super glad they're considering returning the dodge - super stoked to see the balance team finally embracing logic.

I mean, after all the mirage nerfs - bringing back the dodge makes sense since the reason it was removed in the first place is now gone anyway.

And YES, Distortion, THANK YOU!

I stopped caring about Virtuoso since i tried that burst Chronomancer build, but i'm glad Virtuoso is getting distortion too, it badly needs more defense, especially in WvW. That block just didn't work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I found this buff kind of funny, its like they wanted us to feel included but not really include us at all.
Null field nerf is just funny, like come on boys, null field, really?
Virtuoso doesnt need a distortion, it needs a rework. People will just spam blocks/invulns as a crutch and spec will be dead in the water against good players anyways. The only thing we really get is distort on chrono, which might take it out of F- tier to D tier in pvp which is a welcome change. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But for the rest - dare i hope? That mesmers will get treated fairly from now on? And no nerfed into oblivion because someone lost against one in PvP?

Seems like you haven't seen how badly the Elem has been treated these last years. I mean, i don't even play the class, but still, it's common meme now that Elementalist is the worst class to play since it got nerfed and never got even the slightest buff

2 hours ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

Seems like you haven't seen how badly the Elem has been treated these last years. I mean, i don't even play the class, but still, it's common meme now that Elementalist is the worst class to play since it got nerfed and never got even the slightest buff

Yeah mate, same as Mesmer. Except no one ever cared about Mesmers enough to notice, everyone was just happy they won't be losing to mesmers in PvP.

Meanwhile, everyone had an Elementalist alt, and just more people complained.

But no, ele didn't get it worse because no other class other than mesmer lost a core mechanic available to everyone else - a dodge.

I'm not saying they didn't unnecesarily nerf elementalists - they did - but it can't compare to what was done to mesmers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I like how they made sure mesmer will have no place in zerg after scrapper's brutal murder by preemptively nerfing cleanse utils XD

It's fine, it's not like anyone's actually using any of the trash utilities anyway. I personally put them on the bar for decoration to thematically match Firebrand tomes 2 and 3 so I can pretend I'm useful.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

Yo what? Tempest goes in and out of meta every few months. Fire weaver has been potent for a while. Cata is literally the best spec right now. 

• Like 4

Strong changes for Mesmer elite specs. We will see what bountiful disillusionment does for the our F5. As they mentioned there is still a look into virtuoso necessary, because it is under performing a bit.

strange that there are no further changes but i think they focusing on the most unbalanced first.  Maybe give core also a F5 not that ppl think its pay to win...

the issue i see Mesmers will drop out further and further. 

@cmc I am also a bit sad because you sad on teapots stream that there will be a deeper look into Mesmers necessary. I counting on that 🙂 looking forward to it. Because I still want to see more changes to glamour, changes to have more combinations and synergies within the triads something others can value in team fights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

Nobody cares about your reddit memes with no basis in game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, Jeffcyb.9817 said:

still doesn't explain why Mirage would be too OP with 2 dodges these days.

mirage dodges are not dodges man, they are distortions

cast-able when CC'ed, and you can cast other skills when "dodging"

even vindi dodges are not cast-able when CC'ed and it is locked in animation like every other dodges.

people thought virt's block invuln chaining is annoying, double dodge mirage was basically this.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 8

12 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

even vindi dodges are not cast-able when CC'ed and it is locked in animation like every other dodges.

people thought virt's block invuln chaining is annoying, double dodge mirage was basically this.

Except you still tak damage while dodging so it's not distortion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

No Mirage cannot cast while they are CC they can dodge while CC but cannot cast like anyone else. This also includes daze, fear, etc. Not knowing how the mechanic works and coming here to spew nonsense is quite hilarious.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, felix.2386 said:

Mirage dodge is a dodge that doesnt change your location. Its similar to dash on DD, but without the little swoop. You cannot do anything a other specs can do while CCed on Mirage other than hit the dodge key and have the Ambush attack occur via clones cause the clones dont get CCed, Just like when a Necro, Ranger, Mech get CCed the pets dont stop. Same kitten, TBH big deal. If it somehow is such a big deal than move the ambush damage to the player and off the clones but scale the ambush damage by # of clones maybe, but then I would argue that necro, ranger, mech and any other pet, etc needs to also be impacted by player CC to make that balanced and not just another way to pick on Mirage and give it unique trade-offs.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 11:45 AM, Waffles.5632 said:

On Oct 4th every Mesmer should post their own thread here asking for Mirage's Second Dodge back.

AFAIK, We are the only class now with a trade off.

I'm pretty sure they plan on returning it so no need to ask.
They said this much during the recent stream, but they don't want to nerf the PvE version if they change some of the Traits to accommodate the second dodge.

I'm just relaying what they said.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2