Jade Bot... miniatures?

Look, I don't know about the rest of you, but Jade Bots by themselves are adorable, and it's a crime we don't have a miniature of one yet.

I don't know if or when ANet plans to add one, but whether it's a Living World reward or a series of colored Jade Bot mini's in a Black Lion Chest (like the baby mounts) I will love and care for every single one of those little fellas.

Jade Bot Mini's when?

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

This would also be a way to actually see the jade bot, including the new skins, for more than a few seconds.

A matching mini when a player purchases a jade bot skin might increase the skin's value. Then put a mini for the base skin in the gemstore, karma merchant, whatever.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

A matching mini when a player purchases a jade bot skin might increase the skin's value. Then put a mini for the base skin in the gemstore, karma merchant, whatever.

That's what I though too. If people complain about jade bot skins not being worth it, because they're rarely seen, including minis for purchased jade bot skins could be a good solution. It also probably wouldn't make a difference in performance since it would just replace another mini +there's already a system of "hiding minis due to number of players" in place.

It might be slightly weird to have the jade bot "double itself" whenever it's active (mini + jade bot skill animation), but not sure that would be a huge issue for anyone.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 8:40 PM, ShadowVisions.8193 said:

Look, I don't know about the rest of you, but Jade Bots by themselves are adorable, and it's a crime we don't have a miniature of one yet.

I don't know if or when ANet plans to add one, but whether it's a Living World reward or a series of colored Jade Bot mini's in a Black Lion Chest (like the baby mounts) I will love and care for every single one of those little fellas.

Jade Bot Mini's when?

You are so correct! I don't know if anyone has noticed but in the Hero panel on the Jade Bot tab, they do a couple cute animations. It is frankly very surprising to me that the Jade Bot mini did not come as an achievement reward with EoD...

On 9/21/2022 at 3:07 AM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Miniatures are not popular enough in this game, I rarely see people using them.

This is due to the problem in competitive modes where your mini doesn't stealth. Therefor almost all guilds have a requirement to disable it permanently, as they can reveal the position of an entire zerg.

All roamers disable them for the same reason (personal stealth).

After a while you just get tired of turning it back on for every character and give up. Its been an issue since release but never fixed, so only pure PvEers use minis at all.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

·         Xunlai Jade Sales Associates now offer a Mini Jade Bot in exchange for Research Notes.

o    Featuring the latest innovations in jade tech, this mini will adopt the look of your currently equipped jade bot skin.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:21 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

It might be slightly weird to have the jade bot "double itself" whenever it's active (mini + jade bot skill animation), but not sure that would be a huge issue for anyone.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/molten-phoenix-magmatic-torch/

(...)It will automatically hide itself when your jade bot is in use and unhide itself when you’re done!

Not bad 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1