Least played profession?

Eyescream.2469

11 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

is what their data set tells us

Looks like Engineer/Rev is the lower on the spectrum. I just ask because I like to play the class that's least played, and I do that in every MMO I've played/play. Ty for the info.

Edited by Eyescream.2469

newest data is warrior for modern gw2

that link is of all time.

obviously rev will be least as it is exp class.

while engi is overall thematically not interested by everybody.

but actively right now, you will most likely see more rev then warrior in game

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eyescream.2469 said:

Looks like Engineer/Rev is the lower on the spectrum. I just ask because I like to play the class that's least played, and I do that in every MMO I've played/play. Ty for the info.

Least played isn't always least played for an interesting reason, FYI.

Engineer has definitely spiked in terms of active users thanks to the mechanist specialization. Historically it may have been low due to its reputation for complexity and limited weapon options.

Revenant will always be low in overall players because you need Heart of Thorns to access it.

Personally, I find that in terms of active, paying players the profession I see the least is Elementalist with Thief being very low pop as well.

Edited by RadiantWolf.2058
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

is what their data set tells us

Human/Female most played race/sex, that hurts. When i play a fantasy game i want to disconect from the world and play some unique races, and i dont want to see any kind of latex sexy characters on my screen. I wish Anet implemented better weapons/armor models besides human race, cause alot of times i pick my race looking towards weapons and armor fiting the character, offhand weapons on sylvaris as an example look so bad.

Charr/Norn are my choice!! ''I love asuras too but you cant even apreciate their suits or animations 😞 

Edited by Ruisenior.6342
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Although GW2Efficiency is arguably the best external GW2 info site, the data for professions really can't be relied upon.

The data comprised of just a subset of the GW2 populations: 386,964 out of 16 millions+(as of Sep 27th, 2022). 3 million+ characters created over a 10-year period. The site was created in early 2016 and many would have moved on. In addition, profession such as Engineers which ranked 9th there was never very popular until recently.

For personal and other current stats, it is undoubtedly the best but not for this.

Engineer has always been the least played profession until they introduced Revenant. Despite people claiming Ele is dead or no one play Elementalist, there were still more elementalist player overall than Engineer.

It took 10 years and an elite spec for Engineer to see more people play the class. And the forum is a good example of what happens when a class people didnt even know existed suddenly see a rise in its playerbase. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

53 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

And the forum is a good example of what happens when a class people didnt even know existed suddenly see a rise in its playerbase. 

Yeah people hate mech how dare they. They just jealous how dare they just because they don't play mech they hate mech it's discrimination mech good forum people bad

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

Yeah people hate mech how dare they. They just jealous how dare they just because they don't play mech they hate mech it's discrimination mech good forum people bad

I wasnt necessarily referring to mech. But it is true that mechanist did highlight a lack of player's ability to read which can be an issue when using skill.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I wasnt necessarily referring to mech. But it is true that mechanist did highlight a lack of player's ability to read which can be an issue when using skill.

you clearly reffering to mech because it took players 10 years to play mech. Scrapper is being in meta few years now, why you would say scrapper was not played for 10 years since game is 10 years old itself 😃. Holo was being played, core - on par with other core professions

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

you clearly reffering to mech because it took players 10 years to play mech. Scrapper is being in meta few years now, why you would say scrapper was not played for 10 years since game is 10 years old itself 😃. Holo was being played, core - on par with other core professions

I didnt know Scrapper was meta in PvE. That must be why Scourge Renegade and Firebrand were at the top 3 since PoF until EoD releases. And even afterward, Firebrand is still at the top.

Holo was being played yes because it was the only competitive DPS build Engineer had.  The other was Scrapper support but FB good luck trying to fit a Scrapper back in the day. Nobody plays core engineer except the few core dedicated person in PvP.

But no I was referring to people complaining that AAR was OP because it had no ICD and the OP even found the solution to that by adding an internal 3 sec CD to the trait. Little did he know the skill already had an internal CD of 3 sec.

Of course that is just one among many example. I could use the search function and find all the other shenanigans like that but that would be a waste of time on my part. I would rather play the game than search for this

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Hmmm engineer, Guardian, mesmer and necro are the highest across all gamemodes id say (in that order). Warrior, elementalist ranger and thief come after those 4 with a significantly lower playrate, not exactly sure in which order.

The least played class is revenant in my opinion. First of all rev requires an expansion pack so there are relatively few revenant mains. 2nd of all its a little bit of a strange class design so its not to friendly to get used to. It doesn't symbolize a classic mmorpg fantasy class (like Archer or mage etc). Last but not least its currently (and been for a while) out of meta in pvp, wvw and instanced PvE.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Engineer has always been the least played profession until they introduced Revenant. Despite people claiming Ele is dead or no one play Elementalist, there were still more elementalist player overall than Engineer.

It took 10 years and an elite spec for Engineer to see more people play the class. And the forum is a good example of what happens when a class people didnt even know existed suddenly see a rise in its playerbase. 

Subtext: "Please don't nerf mechanist!  It deserves to be overtuned because engineer wasn't good before (except it's been dominating WvW for years on scrapper and holosmith has been a top tier PvE DPS and perpetual problem class in PvP until fairly recently)!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2