Obsidian Shards converter - vote yes or no

hope.9748

Obsidian Shards converter - vote yes or no  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want gw2 an item that converts obsidian shards into loot?

• yes - i farm too many obsidian shards from WvW reward tracks, i need to convert them into something useful
    • no - i never have enough obsidian shards
    • yes - but only if the converter gives useful loot, not burn tons of obsidian for 50 copper junk
    • no - the converter will give crappy loot anyway, waste of development effort
    • other - comments below

This poll is posted in wvw mostly because very active wvw players

farm 50 100 obsidian shards day, especially wvw players as squad commanders

and spending 4+ hours in wvw gives you almost no time to farm pve materials to convert obsidian shards into good loot.

a lot of people expressed in gw2 forums they have 5.000 / 10.000 or more obsidian shards.

the purpose of this vote poll is to give a more clear view if there are enough people

so gw2 development team can make an obsidian shards converter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

Another option would be if you could double click obsidian shards to turn them into karma (ignoring karma boosters).  This way they could be freely be converted back and forth based upon a person's needs without taking up bank space.

Or a conversion vendor in case its not karma that people need.

• Like 1

I've had like 5k+ these sitting on a bank character for years, I trash stacks whenever it fills my bank mats. I'll take a converter if it offers anything else useful and not more trash to sell(otherwise you might as well directly sell the shards instead). Or stick it on a currency exchange with the rest of the bloated wvw currency that we've been asking for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:
53 minutes ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

Another option would be if you could double click obsidian shards to turn them into karma (ignoring karma boosters).  This way they could be freely be converted back and forth based upon a person's needs without taking up bank space.

Or a conversion vendor in case its not karma that people need.

I am just mentioning this as an alternative since it would require minimal development time vs creating a new item and loot table.

7 minutes ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

I am just mentioning this as an alternative since it would require minimal development time vs creating a new item and loot table.

I understand its a good idea, but Karma is even worse for some people than Obi Shards 🙂 . That is if they don't find ways to spend it.

Can we also please get some proper freaking use for karma. As in something we can use in wvw, forexample, siege, badges of tribute, schematics, traps etc. I'ev currently got 75mil og this useless freaking currency! So please give me something to use it on, that can help me in wvw. Im well aware that i can exchange it for mats during the xmas event. HOWEVER! Im a wvw player, so would prefer to use it in a wvw sence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

Can we also please get some proper freaking use for karma. As in something we can use in wvw, forexample, siege, badges of tribute, schematics, traps etc. I'ev currently got 75mil og this useless freaking currency! So please give me something to use it on, that can help me in wvw. Im well aware that i can exchange it for mats during the xmas event. HOWEVER! Im a wvw player, so would prefer to use it in a wvw sence. 

+1 from me and on this one I know I could talk for other guildies on this as well.

The funny thing is, that WvW kind of gets Obsidian Shards in abundance, as if we would really need them for something WvW related. The primary use for Obsidian shards is Ascended crafting and Legendary crafting where WvW lacks fine materials (or raw gold) and not shards, because we usually get a good amount of karma too.

If https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Weapon_Box  could be bought with those shards instead of Memories or Skirmish Tickets, that at least would make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in some what of a yes/no state. I'm in a Leggy crafting stint right now and I'm constantly burning through them, so the need for a converter seems silly to me, but then other people don't leggy craft at the rate that I do.

IF there is a converter, then it should be worthwhile. Like purchasing a Mist-Warped Bundle kind of worthwhile.

All that said though... you kind of do have a converter via the Mystic Forge already, it just takes extra materials.

I chose others. I don't want anything else except tier 4 - 6 mats for crafting. I have over 3k shards sitting around in different locations throughout account. I can only exchange 1 per day on Provisioner's Token....for the next 15yrs or so. I'm sure the players that want this don't need a Mark of Mending or Mushed Spore Sample.

• Like 1

I had entire bank tabs of them.  Had no use for them as I approached 10k of them.  Now that I have started crafting and selling legendaries, I have whatever I earn each day left.  Not really a "need" for another converter.  It would be nice to buy them from the trading post though so I could focus on just doing dungeon tracks for the gifts.

Hi everyone.

I see a lot of people that want this obsidian shards converter

but they do  not vote (only read)

Please ask people to vote

to give proof to gw2 developers

that there is high demand to fix this obsidian shards overflow from WvW

BUT we want a proper loot conversion.

1 obsidian = 2500 karma (pve) or 1g (multiple currencies combined in one)

1 obsidian = 4+ hours wvw reward track with/without boosters

(give us equal loot for the time and boosters we waste to farm them)

just because we spend a lot of time in WvW

doesn't mean our time belongs to garbage can.

help us make WvW a more valuable game mode.

thank you.

Only if there is useful loot - can't hurt to get that. But I regularly create the bloodstone bricks and other stuff - so I use more obsidian shards that I create (I do not play WvW a lot ... more PvP where also some drop from the reward tracks last chest) ... unless I also use the merchant item that lets you buy one item per day for HoT currency (3 tabs sometimes the large obsidian shard bag for an easy 10 shards).

On 10/7/2022 at 7:04 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

+1 from me and on this one I know I could talk for other guildies on this as well.

Leave wvw for one day at Christmas, change it all to wintersday boxes, sell or open and then go back to wvw. 🤣 I spend a few million karma each year at wintersday then spend the rest of the year just stock piling it for the next one.

Reminder: this voting poll is about obsdian shards. NOT about karma.

karma goes to wallet, i don't care how much.

Obsidian shards come directly from wvw reward track.

I stack 250 obsidian shards faster than every other material to craft legendaries.

So i remind to people that forgot, this is an idea to solve DIRECT obsidian shards stacking, not karma into obsidian shards.

Also the topic has almost 1.000 views and only 90 votes.

If people want to convince the gw2 developers to create a solution

then , please, ask more people to vote. It will be great help.

thank you