Maguuma needs dealt with.

Ashlin.3708

11 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So if you choose to fight them on their preferred  map you need to hit them from multiple areas and not allow yourself to be in one group that can be clouded. You need to bring stability because they are good with and like their CC. You need to expect a lot of pulls. 

You need to push where they are not amassed and expect a lot of scouts that will report and expect them to send reinforcements so fight and move. They will react to their area being hit so you need to pull them where you want them versus let them fight you where they want to.

They also have a lot of aggressive players that make the mistake of diving into groups because they want to encourage a push while also making your side back up, because they have people around them they are overconfident they can make it back or get covered, while on practically every other server the pugs would just run and leave you to die. A simple thing like a moa would shut down those players and kill their "push".

Speaking of stability, we were taking back nwt on desert on sunday (actually maybe it was reset) and in a min and half we pulled a dozen of them off the walls, they have the confidence to stand on the wall without stability to pew pew people down below, make them pay for it as they would to you! It's pulling time!

--------------------------

Ultimately if servers want to control Mag, they will have to double team them and stop attacking each other for "ez" points and participation. There is absolutely no reason why mag's home bl should be in their color while they're locking down ebg. Stop running away for the week and start double teaming and taking their stuff.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This isn't a problem with Magumma, its a problem with how the game doesn't force you to spread out between maps to distribute the population. Sure, each map has a queue, but that queue still means the enemy server can bring nearly a hundred players to your spawn if they feel like it.

This makes it incredibly easy to fully control and spawn camp EBG with a decent zerg.

OT, but agree. I admit to being one of those that are on the server pride side of things. When I see my server mates getting attacked my first thought (much to my own demise quite a bit) is to jump and aid even when its a really really really bad idea. I do it because they are on my server and you hold what's yours. All that said that's one of the reason I want us to finally get to Alliances because I am hoping for what follows and that's more reasons to win. I think a lot of issues over time have been because there is no reason to win. Reward the player for their individual actions but find ways to reward/merit the server/Alliance for their win of the week. Will it lead to stacking, we already have that. Make it more important for people to be everywhere versus everyone in that one spot.  

3 hours ago, Hitlit.7630 said:

Just want to add for the people that keep saying it, Mag doesn't just camp ebg anymore. Back in the day that was their thing and you could escape them in the borderlands.

Will take your word on it until paired with them next. Last time we were the borderlands were quite active, but it was because as their paired server we were spread out across the other three maps fighting everyone else there. Quite often all three borderlands would be reporting as outnumbered (ANet, please reconsider that thought on just piphunters fight on outnumbered maps) while EBG was fully queued. Granted it was fun because there were targets every where if you were looking for trouble. But again if they were moving off its because the other servers weren't, as they say, providing enough content to keep them in their preferred place. Choose when and where to fight.

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Stop running away for the week and start double teaming and taking their stuff.

Or.... run faster! xD You gave good advice, but sadly I think it'll fall on deaf ears like every other time I try to bring that up but they're already ready to emoji my post.

Although I'm legit curious how people even play this game. Yes I complain a lot, but I assure you I am able to play the game with some degree of success sometimes. Like that veteran sentry's totally going to get it. The way things are described on the offical forums, people just seem to be dying every 5 seconds regardless of game mode and that's why they have no gold or no gear or no anything. Like, it's the game spawn camping them.

I guess we should really look at it from that kind of perspective.

Like yesterday we had people complaining about dying to reflects and naturally they got super defensive when we told them to like, swap weapons or press 5, or something.

I mean they can suit themselves; it's no skin off my back if they keep kissing the floor.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, X T D.6458 said:

I am on AR which is currently linked with Mag. WvW has been horrible, EB is always queued because Mag players like to spawn camp other servers and upgrade their keeps. This link can't end soon enough. 

Just left AR myself man it's boring when the playerbase all stacks.  Not much going on in the fights department.. T2 was kinda OK at certain times...  *Yawn*

As a Mag player I never get why this is a shock to anybody. Literally 10 years playing this way. And people ask Anet to do something................ people are so myopic with this stuff. We are literally confused in team chat why you guys, either of the servers we are up against, literally just stack up and don't move. What to you want us to do, /clap for you while you guys figure out what to do. On Tuesday NA prime, I cant ever remember the server at this point, did the same thing for 2.5 hrs straight. Busted down their spawn keep door, stacked up in the doorway, got farmed to your spawn, Mag went back inside the keep and you guys just kept doing it. We were literally laughing at you. We have done hunger games runs where we only equip gear that drops from kills and still farm. LEARN.TO.PLAY.THEN.COMPLAIN. I'll be the Charr necro /rockout every time we one push your groups. Why is it that BG and RAWR have figured out that the way to deal with Mag is to comp up and double team and absolutely no other server even tries. Everybody just wants the free ride. I'm gonna go yell at my green-hands now. OP owes them an apology.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

OMG never thought of this, this sounds awesome!

So you'll only be in blues and greens. I think that will make it even with what they're wearing.

And that's why people want the amulet system lul. Probably because they have like 3 silver to their name. (but not sell the 3k gold worth of mats in bank because they may use it someday)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What mag is doing is not even unique to them either, bg in the early years use to over run over maps easily and camp out stuff, demoralize their enemies so they wouldn't bother showing up the rest of the week, I remember being on SoS and eu/na people taking the week off every time we faced them. On the same token isn't that what SoS does practically every week for ocx for ten years too? But oh noes, lets slap special conditions on mag only because they're interrupting my ticket farming now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And that's why people want the amulet system lul. Probably because they have like 3 silver to their name. (but not sell the 3k gold worth of mats in bank because they may use it someday)

Yeah, lets not go down that rabbit hole or I will have to chase you around the map tonight throwing TP rolls at you.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

OMG never thought of this, this sounds awesome!

This how mini-WvW games start. Ok ANet we need a new test week. Naked but you find week. Start the coding. Is it ready yet? Course still want them to up the broken spoon to a gold vendor price since that's how we treat them now.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

What mag is doing is not even unique to them either, bg in the early years use to over run over maps easily and camp out stuff, demoralize their enemies so they wouldn't bother showing up the rest of the week, I remember being on SoS and eu/na people taking the week off every time we faced them. On the same token isn't that what SoS does practically every week for ocx for ten years too? But oh noes, lets slap special conditions on mag only because they're interrupting my ticket farming now.

Course we need to be careful if we all show Mag too much love they will lose their minds. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

uh huh, because only guilds make up activity on a server.

Still solves nothing with maguuma because most of their players play on ebg. The two servers just need to grow a ball, stop logging off the entire week, start double teaming them. It's no different than how servers had to deal with BG only you have mag on one map to worry about instead of four. Or take the week off and tank, but don't come in here complaining about it if you choose the easy option.

Yeah, but the thing is there is no server unity anymore, and rarely if ever any server-wide communication or effort.  There are certainly still a good number of us who show up when we're up against Mag, or any other server for that matter, but we have no control over the players (or guilds) who decide to take the week off. And even if we were part of a server that all chose to unite and work together to fight Mag, we still have absolutely no control over the other server fighting against Mag. This week we're facing Mag and SoS, and now that Indo has left SoS they seemingly only have a handful of players willing to show their faces outside of SEA/OCX. In fact yesterday SoS only held 4 camps and a tower across all 4 maps during EU/NA time. Not exactly a strong fighting force to ally with against Mag.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoTongues.5163 said:

As a Mag player I never get why this is a shock to anybody. Literally 10 years playing this way. And people ask Anet to do something................ people are so myopic with this stuff. We are literally confused in team chat why you guys, either of the servers we are up against, literally just stack up and don't move. What to you want us to do, /clap for you while you guys figure out what to do. On Tuesday NA prime, I cant ever remember the server at this point, did the same thing for 2.5 hrs straight. Busted down their spawn keep door, stacked up in the doorway, got farmed to your spawn, Mag went back inside the keep and you guys just kept doing it. We were literally laughing at you. We have done hunger games runs where we only equip gear that drops from kills and still farm. LEARN.TO.PLAY.THEN.COMPLAIN. I'll be the Charr necro /rockout every time we one push your groups. Why is it that BG and RAWR have figured out that the way to deal with Mag is to comp up and double team and absolutely no other server even tries. Everybody just wants the free ride. I'm gonna go yell at my green-hands now. OP owes them an apology.

In the early years Mag wasn't really any different than any other server with one exception; they were extremely toxic on the forums in the official match-up threads. Sure, they had their core players who were obsessed with EBG, but so did every server back then.

And it seems everyone has forgotten that Mag fell off pretty hard at one point a few years back, to the point that they became a link server for a while (which I only remember because we had them as our link on a few occasions).

The real issue is the amount of transfers to whichever server is linked to Mag, so very likely within the first week or two of relinks Mag essentially has another full server as it's link. If Anet really wanted to they could limit the transfers to Mag's linked server for the first half of the relink period, but that would reduce the amount of income they generate off of transfers so it seems that's a highly unlikely option.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

What mag is doing is not even unique to them either, bg in the early years use to over run over maps easily and camp out stuff

There have been no end to the people that I've seen cry about being camped but what happens when we start winning? The same thing,

Let's admit it. The only reason why people see something wrong with spawn camping is that they're not  the ones doing it. (Also applies to like, most balance whines)

33 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yeah, lets not go down that rabbit hole or I will have to chase you around the map tonight throwing TP rolls at you.

You probably should, as we can refill at the end of the month.

Also try to keep up.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Yeah, but the thing is there is no server unity anymore, and rarely if ever any server-wide communication or effort.  There are certainly still a good number of us who show up when we're up against Mag, or any other server for that matter, but we have no control over the players (or guilds) who decide to take the week off. And even if we were part of a server that all chose to unite and work together to fight Mag, we still have absolutely no control over the other server fighting against Mag. This week we're facing Mag and SoS, and now that Indo has left SoS they seemingly only have a handful of players willing to show their faces outside of SEA/OCX. In fact yesterday SoS only held 4 camps and a tower across all 4 maps during EU time. Not exactly a strong fighting force to ally with against Mag.

BP is not a T1 server, they'll drop to their more appropriate tier soon enough, BG will take their place and the match will be different.

Yes it was pretty dead on eu for SoS, on sat and sun when I was farming for my last bit of tickets for my last legendary I had to camp/sentry hop for participation, some of the most miserable hours of wvw I've had in a while. One time got into a fight roaming with 2-3 others around, soon as mag shows up with similar numbers the people around me ran before the fight started like wtf.  I went to ebg and we had a tag up a couple times, and they would take the zerg around the map, avoiding mag but attacking bp stuff... like... why.... you're just helping mag... Once I was done with the tickets I was done for the week, sos has had a history of terribad pugs, it hasn't changed.

As for players that want to act like lemming zombies and just keep running out the same main exit to their deaths, that's on them, tank the server and leave T1 if it's unbearable. Anet isn't here to cater to every casual player whims cause they somehow think their server should have an easy ride in the highest tier. If your server can't/won't perform in T1 you don't deserve to be there, not the other servers you're fighting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

BP is not a T1 server, they'll drop to their more appropriate tier soon enough, BG will take their place and the match will be different.

Yes it was pretty dead on eu for SoS, on sat and sun when I was farming for my last bit of tickets for my last legendary I had to camp/sentry hop for participation, some of the most miserable hours of wvw I've had in a while. One time got into a fight roaming with 2-3 others around, soon as mag shows up with similar numbers the people around me ran before the fight started like wtf.  I went to ebg and we had a tag up a couple times, and they would take the zerg around the map, avoiding mag but attacking bp stuff... like... why.... you're just helping mag... Once I was done with the tickets I was done for the week, sos has had a history of terribad pugs, it hasn't changed.

As for players that want to act like lemming zombies and just keep running out the same main exit to their deaths, that's on them, tank the server and leave T1 if it's unbearable. Anet isn't here to cater to every casual player whims cause they somehow think their server should have an easy ride in the highest tier. If your server can't/won't perform in T1 you don't deserve to be there, not the other servers you're fighting.

Heh, you completely threw me off for a moment when you mentioned BP, then I remembered that's who we're linked with this week. I suppose the burnout comes from those of us on HoD (the server linked to BP) who were going up against Mag/BG every other week during the previous relink. I really don't know much about BP at this point, as we've only been linked for a week, and this probably isn't a good week to draw conclusions about a server when a large percentage of the population is probably taking a break until we drop down to T2.

And for as much as I agree with you on the EBG lemmings, I have no control over what those players do (or think? You'd think they'd have learned by now to avoid EBG on the weeks we face Mag!?!?). Personally I have probably spent about 12k hours in WvW over the last 10 years, and probably only 100-200 hours of that time in EBG. I think EBG tends to draw in a lot of players who are hoping to find a friendly map blob to follow around that gives the maximum amount of rewards with the least amount of effort.

Edited by Ronin.4501

2 hours ago, TwoTongues.5163 said:

As a Mag player I never get why this is a shock to anybody. Literally 10 years playing this way.

What?  10 years ago Mag was known as Turtleguuma for their propensity to siege up and defend their north camp.  They didn't earn the EBG cloud reputation until quite some time after the population started to be affected by a lot of GvG and fights guilds leaving the game and the remnants wanting to play with Mag.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mags arent that good individually but I think they are successful because they stack a bit more together and mostly because they use any broken builds and class available. Fix these broken builds and half of their domination problem is fixed. Personally, I just didnt play a single minute this week, too bored of fighting thieves rangers and mechs.

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Maybe give em no link.

If maguuma had no link to carry them, they would drop out of tier 1 quickly, all they have is numbers, maybe stop feeding them bags at spawn and snipe their camps, and move around other maps forcing them to pivot and pull ewp's then leave lol, maguuma likes to cloud, you need stability, reflects, and coordinate cc and bomb, or pull them into your blob tucked under a scrapper barrier, when they fight as a fight blob they usually get wrecked 18-25 vs 40mag until they start zombie zerging and get more ppl from other maps during their prime time ....and yall just let SOS (who mostly just attack the 3rd server)  ppt with tier 3 stuff on every map while they cap everything during SEA hours.  What could go wrong?

smol edit: spelling

Edited by Grand Archon Phoenix.2801
  • Confused 1

Just now, displayname.8315 said:

Their memes and vid's were hilarious but anet had to mess that up too

I can't speak for anyone else but I actually miss the official match-up threads. Sure they got pretty toxic, but isn't just about everything on the internet toxic nowadays?

1 hour ago, manu.7539 said:

Mags arent that good individually but I think they are successful because they stack a bit more together and mostly because they use any broken builds and class available. Fix these broken builds and half of their domination problem is fixed. Personally, I just didnt play a single minute this week, too bored of fighting thieves rangers and mechs.

Are you really saying that the server that stacks rangers, mesmers and thieves is the one abusing broken builds and not the ones that only leave spawn when they have a minstrel blob to follow?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2