i demand to be with other german servers during alliance beta week ..

aiinseinn.5914

11 minutes ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

i know it is too late .. but ... i dont speak englich, spanish of any other foreign language .. i feel mobbed by anet ... and yes . i am german .. one of the older ones

Hey Arenanet .. we live in 2022 ..

I believe the idea is that you join a guild that speaks your language so that you're with people you can understand?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Sounds good, but these only German servers should be matchup with only French and only Spanish/Mexican servers. I don't wanna be in same matchup because it's hard to trashtalk when other dude spam some German and i need to spam something that they might understand like "you are so bad that Angela Merkel must be your mother".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Sounds good, but these only German servers should be matchup with only French and only Spanish/Mexican servers. I don't wanna be in same matchup because it's hard to trashtalk when other dude spam some German and i need to spam something that they might understand like "you are so bad that Angela Merkel must be your mother".

I think Anet should put a translation module in the chatbox, that translates everything incoming (if it's not already in our language) to our language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which then join an alliance with other German guilds. 

I had no idea that German looked so very close to English though. I can understand every word in the OP.

And here I thought German was just a varying degree of growling noises.

Considering that there are more english than german speakers would you be so kind and stop all devaluating comments towards minorities.

your behaviour is against the ncsoft conduct and got reported now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

i know it is too late .. but ... i dont speak englich, spanish of any other foreign language .. i feel mobbed by anet ... and yes . i am german .. one of the older ones

Hey Arenanet .. we live in 2022 ..

yet you are using English now, can't you do this same thing for just one week? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

I believe the idea is that you join a guild that speaks your language so that you're with people you can understand?

This

Alliances pairs guilds over "language reasons" ... at least I hope it does, so we might get some balanced fights again.  And I am saying that as being a German myself.

• Like 1

Just now, SweetPotato.7456 said:

because here you can use google translate. as someone has already suggested they should do an update of the ciat in the game.

a double drop-down menu, select in which language you want what you write to be transcribed. and in the other you select in which language you want everything that others write to you to be translated. it would really help everyone. very democratic instrument.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

Considering that there are more english than german speakers would you be so kind and stop all devaluating comments towards minorities.

your behaviour is against the ncsoft conduct and got reported now.

Ok so in fairness to the German minority and to side with the OP, I demand that German servers ONLY fight German servers. 

I mean, what would happen if English people decide to whisper someone on a German server??? That's totally unacceptable in the event they wouldnt understand each other!!! Just split the matchups so that there's a tier with only German servers which has to fight each other until the end of time because they can neither go up or down, all other servers just skip over or under it.  

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Will switzerland be considered as german for that matter? Asking for a friend...!

if you give arenanet access to your banks, they will ensure you a reserved place in the winning team. guaranteed forever. and only for you they will make you a simultaneous translator of the ciat, for all Swiss, to be comfortable and integrated in speaking any language. 😁

• Haha 1

When the server/world system gets replaced with alliances (and "shards") then there'll be no servers per language anymore. Everything will be considered "international". Otherwise it might lead to balancing issues again I guess. Imagine havinge a handful leftover players and all German "shards" filled (should they make a language setting) - they would need to be added to the existing ones (making the population there bigger than intended) ... or putting them together (bad luck for them then) with other english players.

A complete ingame translation system ... I don't know ... does not seem like a good idea. The items and stuff (POIs, map locations) you link in chat - already show localized in the language the other player uses. They could make a quick access menu with pre-defined text things that display based on your language (one player choses the stuff from the menu in his language and for the others it shows in their languages).

For "smalltalk" - not releveant to the game mode: You can just use your own guild/friends. (Even a few friends with a small guild only should be possible to stay together at least. I guess. If they all use the same guild to select as WvW guild.)

With the menu I mentioned above I mean something similar to the voice commands in shooter games.  For example you press V. Then a menu with "offensive", "defensive", "misc". appears. Then you press a number/button to get to the next step. Let's say 1 for offensive. Then there different things appar. Like "wall down" - then there in the next menu the possible locations where you could attack - to give notice that the wall somewhere is down and people can join to capture.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:04 PM, Svarty.8019 said:

That is only within the guild. It's pure luck if the rest of the Alliance can communicate. If the Alliance is made up of Guilds that can only speak one language out of French, German, Italian, or Spanish then it's fubaar.

ANet have to make either official language Alliance or the players themselves will create unoffocial ones that predominantly mono- language Guilds will then flock to. People want to be able to communicate with each other, If they are to do that in written form then they must share a language. If people have no shared written language then they're effectively mute as what the other people see is gibberish to them.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 2:10 AM, Svarty.8019 said:

I think Anet should put a translation module in the chatbox, that translates everything incoming (if it's not already in our language) to our language.

That's unrealistic. The amount of software and information needed for a ma hine to live translate is probably a larger amount than the game itself.

There's areason UN and similar organisations who uses live translations have live translators doing the translation and then speaking into the headphones.

And I speak polish as my native - and I feel good with English -speaking community in wvw.  I think that ANet should give possibility to speak out "what is the main language in your guild" in some kind of "option" so wvw match - making machine would work with that. That would solve maaaaany problems with communication. Sadly, I think that it's impossible and for many people in USA - Europe use European language 😜 ; Anet is from USA ^&^.  

For example, LFG has such option. 

Edited by Milosz.5938
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

sure i do / did / will do ... but lots of our fellow cant .. nvm . thanks for all ur answers 

in hope that we get rid of Anet's beta/alliance nonsence soon 

your aiins

Edited by aiinseinn.5914
  • Like 1

as austria-german native, i think that there should be no national servers at all. we live in an international world, and its really annoying beeing linked with german servers. my game runs on english, we communicate with everyone in the game in english, yet then there's these odd national servers refusing to speak anything else than german idk..

like make it at least like Baruchbay and pack them all in one box

• Confused 1

I think it depends on the players they'd like to attract. Personally I am on Underworld since release. (Did not play GW2 from end 2013 until June 2019 but I never transferred servers - waste of gems.) I am German. Liked to play the game in English from the start ... cause usually you find more information on English websites and it is easier to know the English words for the items, skills and stuff.

I remember back then when in World of Warcraft people in the German forums used English words for certain stuff - the pros that played the beta in English and used English abbreviations.

The playerbase on GW2 is older though. And more targeted at casual players. There might be more people having a hard time with foreign languages than with the young people nowadays that grow up with modern smartphones + English slang everywhere in the profiles they follow on social media. Everyone posting their English pronouns in their social media info. 😄

Baruch Bay ... I guess it is only one server caues of the lower playerbase? (Brazilians and other players from that area ... might queue  on US servers + I think they speak Portuguese.

Edited by Luthan.5236