Pull Wars 2

senftube.6081

Pull is fine. If more people actually would like to fight ... then we would not even really need it. But everyone just running around ... and running away if they do not have a lot more players. (To the point where in matchups against stronger servers even not many people log in ... when there more players would be needed.)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Pulling with several different classes is actually a lot of fun. Since Anet’s already nerfed / removed the fall traits (remember death from above)?

Unless you’re of the disposition that likes to zerg/blob, there isn’t a lot of “fun” choices left as small scale has taken a turn for the worse with all the spammy builds recently.

I’ve had many a fun evenings pulling people off cliffs, walls and whatnot and like someone else said, learn to use stab, shouldn’t be hard with so many people in your k-train groups. ;)

• Like 6

toxic game is toxic

but is it the game mechanics making the game toxic or is it the player base creating toxic builds? If its the players then you see what kind of mentality the player base has. If its the mechanix then it shows inexperienced balance team.

I think its both. 

Edited by Nokturnal Lunacy.3186
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

I dunno, recently there is a new pull that can pull you when you're standing on the back of a wall (as a defender) without even having line of sight. It can pull people from the back of the wall to the front and over the wall sometimes. I mean I put ac's up as far back as possible, so most aoe's won't even get there but that pull does. Even when I stand outside of the other aoe's.

That's the only thing that irks me about pulling. It must be some form of aoe but it's only been recently. What class/skill is that?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I dunno, recently there is a new pull that can pull you when you're standing on the back of a wall (as a defender) without even having line of sight. It can pull people from the back of the wall to the front and over the wall sometimes. I mean I put ac's up as far back as possible, so most aoe's won't even get there but that pull does. Even when I stand outside of the other aoe's.

That's the only thing that irks me about pulling. It must be some form of aoe but it's only been recently. What class/skill is that?

Thats the aoe radios skill with the LoS  borking up,  in some WvW tower u can pull a person from inner to outter .

A Anet dev once said in the old gw2 forum, that players exploiting LoS its the players improve themselves...so go figure.

Theres some neat tricks playing with resolution and LoS(think theres still the option to eneble the old LoS).

Edited by Aeolus.3615

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's definitely Temportal Curtain from Mesmer hehe, the second part of the skill, Into the Void.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

That's definitely Temportal Curtain from Mesmer hehe, the second part of the skill, Into the Void.

and remember that those can be chained by multiple mesmers so at first it seems like it was just one pull with an enormous range but it was several people pulling right after each other

7 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I put my temporal curtains up high on those fence things on the walls. Sometimes it will just get people over the wall ledge and out of the structure. Other times it just pops them up but not out.

There's a certain science to the pulls. Not to going reveal all of it, but sometimes when there's enough momentum you can flip someone over the lip of the wall, those times when you see someone get punted into the air. If you're getting ripped from mid stairs to outside, that most likely means two pulls were used, one on top of the wall to bring you up and one on the wall to bring you over.

I don't recall ever ripping someone from mid stairs all the way off a wall with just one pull, but I have done it with them standing at the back of the wall, which can also be tricky sometimes as not all walls are the same. Ever noticed some walls you can just run over the lip of the wall without jumping?

Lastly keep this in mind. Meteor is one of the biggest aoes in the game and has a radius of 360 and you can see how much of the wall it takes up, the temporal curtain is stated to have a pull radius of 600. Bottom line, if you going to sit on a wall with a zerg below you, do it on your mount, or have your auto stab/stunbreak traited, or a skill for it.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

toxic game is toxic

but is it the game mechanics making the game toxic or is it the player base creating toxic builds? If its the players then you see what kind of mentality the player base has. If its the mechanix then it shows inexperienced balance team.

I think its both. 

The amount of confused emojis means it must be true. #truthhurts

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

There's a certain science to the pulls. Not to going reveal all of it, but sometimes when there's enough momentum you can flip someone over the lip of the wall, those times when you see someone get punted into the air. If you're getting ripped from mid stairs to outside, that most likely means two pulls were used, one on top of the wall to bring you up and one on the wall to bring you over.

I don't recall ever ripping someone from mid stairs all the way off a wall with just one pull, but I have done it with them standing at the back of the wall, which can also be tricky sometimes as not all walls are the same. Ever noticed some walls you can just run over the lip of the wall without jumping?

Lastly keep this in mind. Meteor is one of the biggest aoes in the game and has a radius of 360 and you can see how much of the wall it takes up, the temporal curtain is stated to have a pull radius of 600. Bottom line, if you going to sit on a wall with a zerg below you, do it on your mount, or have your auto stab/stunbreak traited, or a skill for it.

Pulling is a toxic game mechanic. something that needs to be removed. I'm sure anet didn't want it that but when the player base is toxic then they exploit the most toxic game mechanics.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

Pulling is a toxic game mechanic. something that needs to be removed. I'm sure anet didn't want it that but when the player base is toxic then they exploit the most toxic game mechanics.

6 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Bottom line, if you going to sit on a wall with a zerg below you, do it on your mount, or have your auto stab/stunbreak traited, or a skill for it.

I'm not sure how toxic a Pull can be if it takes up a Utility slot while you can use yours to counter it. I also imagine I'd be more aggravating to lock down if other players didn't have that Utility slot choice. 

I'd agree that maybe the displacement can be problematic sometimes, but it can also be an answer to problems for builds that don't have a lot of other answers. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

I'm not sure how toxic a Pull can be if it takes up a Utility slot while you can use yours to counter it. I also imagine I'd be more aggravating to lock down if other players didn't have that Utility slot choice. 

I'd agree that maybe the displacement can be problematic sometimes, but it can also be an answer to problems for builds that don't have a lot of other answers. 

imagine trying to counter something one doesnt know is going to happen. rofl FailFish SMH i guess have to constantly waste utility slots to deal with toxic players. what a game this has become

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't mind pulls and I have absolutely zero stability and zero cc removal skills. 

The only thing i dont like is the exploiting where you are getting pulled 2400 game distance instead of 1200... which is happening with increasing frequency. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

45 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

I don't mind pulls and I have absolutely zero stability and zero cc removal skills. 

The only thing i dont like is the exploiting where you are getting pulled 2400 game distance instead of 1200... which is happening with increasing frequency. 

Yeah ive made vids about this and sent to anet and still nothing done years later.

• Confused 1

Pulls are fine. What's not fine is gliding removing any risk about pulling (or knocking) players off cliffs for one side and generally turning areas with verticality into unfair "no fight" zones, because there is no point even bothering if one side can just glide away or try to pull you off over and over without any risk involved, no matter how often they fail.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Pulls are fine. What's not fine is gliding removing any risk about pulling (or knocking) players off cliffs for one side and generally turning areas with verticality into unfair "no fight" zones, because there is no point even bothering if one side can just glide away or try to pull you off over and over without any risk involved, no matter how often they fail.

youre part of the prob gratz

• Confused 3