Nothing wrong with holosmith

On 11/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

idk... maybe i am deeply out of touch with the game.....   but i think Holo is miles away from being overpowered....  

Almost half a decade has passed since the last time i struggled against a holo. 

The stabiuptime from Holo is big time garbage and any CC vomit will have them melt rather fast. (atleast in pvp)

On 11/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, shion.2084 said:

There are some holos trying to leverage the tools buffs by taking low toolbelt cd skills.   A good tool kit user is a pain with the magnet pull, pri bar, wrench toolbelt to acid bomb combo.   

But overpowered no...   Ironically even though they buffed grenades, I don't see a lot of holos using that. Seems the ones who would have go with rifle instead.

It only feels that way because there aren't many players left who can actually meet the skill ceiling that Tools Holo provides to be able to demonstrate for you how and why people are saying it is overperforming in higher tiers. I 100% assure you that anyone who runs into the handful of players left who really understand how to play Holosmith, will very quickly forget about Rifle Mech or Rifle in general on Engis.

It's debatable if Tools Holo is overperforming in 5v5 conquest, but it is most certainly without a doubt one of if not the overall strongest 1v1 build right now, and it doesn't need to change up its build for 1v1s, it can just use its standard conquest build.

I also want to point out that most of the "Tools Holos" out there aren't even running the good version of the build. They are all trying to run Rifle and that's not what you want to do on Tools Holo. The versions that use Shield have a nearly infinite cycle of blocking & passive CCs that is extremely difficult to bypass without Stability and/or unblockables. And this isn't to mention the never ending cycle of offensive CCs and mega damage they're tossing out, which we all know that "the best defense is a good offense" and this is often very true in GW2.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It only feels that way because there aren't many players left who can actually meet the skill ceiling that Tools Holo provides to be able to demonstrate for you how and why people are saying it is overperforming in higher tiers. I 100% assure you that anyone who runs into the handful of players left who really understand how to play Holosmith, will very quickly forget about Rifle Mech or Rifle in general on Engis.

It's debatable if Tools Holo is overperforming in 5v5 conquest, but it is most certainly without a doubt one of if not the overall strongest 1v1 build right now, and it doesn't need to change up its build for 1v1s, it can just use its standard conquest build.

I also want to point out that most of the "Tools Holos" out there aren't even running the good version of the build. They are all trying to run Rifle and that's not what you want to do on Tools Holo. The versions that use Shield have a nearly infinite cycle of blocking & passive CCs that is extremely difficult to bypass without Stability and/or unblockables. And this isn't to mention the never ending cycle of offensive CCs and mega damage they're tossing out, which we all know that "the best defense is a good offense" and this is often very true in GW2.

Yeah I played three straight games against a good tools holo… the fellows I’d was dw dj farm or something.  Someone told me it was someone named phoenix… not sure if that means much, but once he started his opportunistic CC chain it was pretty remove hands from keyboard ;).  Had to change build in section nd match up to compensate for spanking.  Luckily this team wasn’t equal skill so we managed the wins that night.  Good player though if you see the fellow 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

dude nah. holo and core engi was nerfed enough already (perma superspeed on holo 2 still borken tho). just cuz a build is making a bit of a comeback doesn't mean its automatically back to its old op broken self. also floody is a top tier player and most people won't be able to match their level of expertise.

Only top players can play this build...lmao, NO

HS

Any monkey can play this broke kitten build

There are levels, no doubt, be if we look at it from a lb 4 lb perspective, it is the same old kitten brought back.

holosmith jr, isn't weak, it is OP as kitten

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Vindi deletes tools holo on node unless holo can cc chain vindi w ulti wich would only happen if vindi goes greedy. 

Idk about cata or chrono tank but im pretty sure cata counters it w magnetic aura uptime.

The only semi-meta sidenoder i can think about that holo can easily win  the matchup is defense hammerbreaker.

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

HS

There are levels, no doubt, be if we look at it from a lb 4 lb perspective, it is the same old kitten brought back.

the problem is nothing really changed, no substantial buffs and mechanical changes were made to holo. nerfing a build reflexively just cuz a spot for it opened up in the meta and someone actually had the foresight to theory craft it with gw2s non existent skill pool is what people hate about mmos. luckily in this game (and this mode especially) you don't have to grind for gear, but even then people like playing different builds and when their build is nerfed by the company for no other reason then its strong, that makes people want to quit. if there can be substantive nerfs to a build without reducing its role and place then great go for it. for holo i would nerf the perma superspeed, move some of the damage from holo 3 to 4, and get rid of the ability to get around the toolkit magnet animation. the auto might need toning down since it hits really fast and pretty hard, but then again so does reaper shroud so idk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

HS

I see very few holo’s with that build used by floody.  I play nothing but engi, and that build is not an easy one to play well.  The mechanics are clunky, and most will give up after getting ported on by the metas and deleted repeatedly.

its got exactly one stun break… it needs projectile.. it’s condi cleanse requires toolbelt use,  it has no stability.  Most inexperienced folks will get destroyed with it

If that were a low skill level build you would see a lot more of it.  How many times do you even see holo’s with that build do you see Crab??? 

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1

surely something wrong with holo, it's the class that always come out on top when core engi stuff is buffed, I'd say an extra weapon set with good utility and dmg is what makes all the difference, because if you think scrapper can superspeed, can quickness even with higher uptime then holo, but has to slot utilities for that. At somepoint scrapper wont have cds while holo goes holo form and keep doing stuff.

8 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I see very few holo’s with that build used by floody.  I play nothing but engi, and that build is not an easy one to play well.  The mechanics are clunky, and most will give up after getting ported on by the metas and deleted repeatedly.

its got exactly one stun break… it needs projectile.. it’s condi cleanse requires toolbelt use,  it has no stability.  Most inexperienced folks will get destroyed with it

If that were a low skill level build you would see a lot more of it.  How many times do you even see holo’s with that build do you see Crab??? 

Replace photon wall?

Ez mode

On 11/6/2022 at 10:30 PM, shion.2084 said:

is it ok to oneshot ppl, If a good player play it?

• Confused 3

On 11/9/2022 at 1:59 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

is it ok to oneshot ppl, If a good player play it?

None of those builds one shot.  They need multiple skills to kill.  And yes it's fine to drop people quickly if you take no defence and are complete glass.  Because once people figure out you can do it the first time, they focus you down and make you die over and over.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2022 at 1:56 AM, shion.2084 said:

None of those builds one shot.  They need multiple skills to kill.  And yes it's fine to drop people quickly if you take no defence and are complete glass.  Because once people figure out you can do it the first time, they focus you down and make you die over and over.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I change my words.

Holo can ez kill a elementalist when they defence skill runout in 1 sec, it's too fast .

Holo "nuke and death" playstyles is not fun, and a macro can do it .

This shortens the distance from macro and skill.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Confused 3

On 11/7/2022 at 3:08 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

surely something wrong with holo, it's the class that always come out on top when core engi stuff is buffed, I'd say an extra weapon set with good utility and dmg is what makes all the difference, because if you think scrapper can superspeed, can quickness even with higher uptime then holo, but has to slot utilities for that. At somepoint scrapper wont have cds while holo goes holo form and keep doing stuff.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

Don't know why holosmith got buffed a lot even though its already top duelist/DPS.

Cata get wack even it have the big 3 tradeoff:
no hp/no armor/ no weapon swapping

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

no weapon swapping

🤢

holy moly.  i always thought that the 4 elements is basicly like having 4 weaponswaps... which is why elementalist almost has double the ammout of skills that other professions have....today i learned.

but... you know what.... do you know who ACTUALLY CANT WEAPON SWAP?   Holo. 

your wisdom is eternal.

im not even bother telling you about the Rockbarrier trick.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.

Don't know why holosmith got buffed a lot even though its already top duelist/DPS.

Cata get wack even it have the big 3 tradeoff:
no hp/no armor/ no weapon swapping

None, there's a weaver build that basically one shots.  There's a fellow named Jentz who plays it.  Sceptre I believe and he starts off with Earthen Synergy if I recall.  The entire attack is ranged.   If you don't have a stun break your just dead... it hist with earth, lighting and fire.  If you can't stun break it because your on CD you don't live through it.  If you want to experiment with one shot builds on Ele, see if you can track the fellow down.  Do that to a glass burst class and watch what happens.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:42 PM, shion.2084 said:

None, there's a weaver build that basically one shots.  There's a fellow named Jentz who plays it.  Sceptre I believe and he starts off with Earthen Synergy if I recall.  The entire attack is ranged.   If you don't have a stun break your just dead... it hist with earth, lighting and fire.  If you can't stun break it because your on CD you don't live through it.  If you want to experiment with one shot builds on Ele, see if you can track the fellow down.  Do that to a glass burst class and watch what happens.

NO MORE BAN PLS.

I don't know fresh air weaver is a thing or not.

There have priority, engi have the biggest player base, you most nerf it first.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah, I've fought (1v1) one good holo in conquest and one good holo in wvw. Its a nightmare of CC chains followed by block chains followed by superspeed kiting. The one I fought in wvw had also blind spam. The thing can face tank my rampage while burning my hp down.

I see players who play op crap go "but my op crap can deal with it". Good for you, I guess. But if a build can hop around the map and gank better then a ganker build, then stop to 1v1 better than a 1v1 build... Somerhing is not right.

Anyway, its as you say. Very few that I've seen actually play it at full potential. But in unranked those win the game almost on their own (I've seen other builds do this too, but usually due to bad rotations... not when the team is where they are supposed to be all game).

Edited by Hotride.2187