Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

5 hours ago, Tidus.4856 said:

Agreed i have my skyscale and i still feel like i was ripped off. Not alot of bank for the buck here. Alot of work for a sub par mount compared to any game you can think of and a complete waste of time!

Have you finished its masteries yet? Like any of the other mounts, it needs its full masteries to reach its full potential.

• Like 3

To be honest the mount isnt that bad, it took me around 3 days in total to aquire it. Even if you play very casual im sure you can probably get the mount in 1-2 weeks. It have been shaved down alot compared to how it was at the start when it was released so now its even easier to get done than back then.

My best advice would be to take it slow, its a luxury mount after all, it covers the use of 3 mounts but master of none, not to mention it barely costs anything. Take the gryphon, you have to shell out 250g for that one, skyscale i think it was like 24g or something? cant remember exactly.

But to conclude, the skyscale is fine, just do it bit by bit and you will have it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Ohh man I feel you! But, once you have it you'll be happy. Everything else will be much easier. Comparing to Aurora, Skyscale is a walk in the park. With Aurora, you're stuck in Draconis Mons for weeks! Horrible.

After almost 1 year of playing this game I realize just how stupid it is. I mean, the devs have clearly 0 creativity and have been reusing the same mechanics over and over. Each expansion brings nothing new, just the same mechanics repackaged with different dialogs and hundreds of fetch quests that you have do to multiple times to progress. 

The only thing that is actually fun is PVP. But the devs have a way of messing it up with each balance patch :) So that's that. Overall, I'm a disappointed GW2 player who has been spending less and less time in the game because of these stupid time gated stupidly grindy achievements.

• Confused 8

5 minutes ago, Seneca.6319 said:

After almost 1 year of playing this game I realize just how stupid it is. I mean, the devs have clearly 0 creativity and have been reusing the same mechanics over and over. Each expansion brings nothing new, just the same mechanics repackaged with different dialogs and hundreds of fetch quests that you have do to multiple times to progress.

0 creativity? Really? Is there any large MMOs that doesn't keep using the same mechanics? And do you really believe GW2 Devs do not research what are successful in other games?

I've played many MMOs and have yet to come across any where their game are totally unique throughout and their Devs have abundance of creativity. Maybe you can cconstantly come up with new ideas that everyone would love and pitch them to Anet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

0 creativity? Really? Is there any large MMOs that doesn't keep using the same mechanics? And do you really believe GW2 Devs do not research what are successful in other games?

I've played many MMOs and have yet to come across any where their game are totally unique throughout and their Devs have abundance of creativity. Maybe you can cconstantly come up with new ideas that everyone would love and pitch them to Anet.

Yup, 0 creativity, with the risk of repeating myself. If you play the Core Tyria story you will see that all the mechanics introduced in Core Tyria repeat themselves over and over throughout the expansions. Different maps, different dialog boxes but same thing. And 90% of the quests are just a bunch of "fetch-me-this-item 40 times because I don't think you've got the point with 5 times." The rest of the 10% are stupid jumping puzzles. Don't get me wrong, I like a jumping puzzle but not in a Prince of Persia or Super Mario style. If the characters could shimmy or grab on to ledges then yeah, sign me up for those jumping puzzles.

Many people have suggested good ideas to ANet. But they have their heads deeply buried in the sands of Crystal Desert. Same as with the balance patches...at least now they give us time to react but if you've been in this game long enough you know this was not always the case.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

12 minutes ago, Seneca.6319 said:

Yup, 0 creativity, with the risk of repeating myself. If you play the Core Tyria story you will see that all the mechanics introduced in Core Tyria repeat themselves over and over throughout the expansions. Different maps, different dialog boxes but same thing. And 90% of the quests are just a bunch of "fetch-me-this-item 40 times because I don't think you've got the point with 5 times." The rest of the 10% are stupid jumping puzzles. Don't get me wrong, I like a jumping puzzle but not in a Prince of Persia or Super Mario style. If the characters could shimmy or grab on to ledges then yeah, sign me up for those jumping puzzles.

Is this your first mmorpg?

12 minutes ago, Seneca.6319 said:

Many people have suggested good ideas to ANet. But they have their heads deeply buried in the sands of Crystal Desert. Same as with the balance patches...at least now they give us time to react but if you've been in this game long enough you know this was not always the case.

Suggested good ideas like what?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Is this your first mmorpg?

Suggested good ideas like what?

No, if it were I wouldn't know any better so I'd keep my mouth shut.

To your second point, seeing that you are a very active member of this forum,  you surely are familiar with other sections. People post suggestions all the time. Not all are good but some are worth taking into consideration. I've also given you a suggestion in the previous reply, if characters could shimmy or grab on to ledges then jumping puzzles would be much more fun. The mechanic is in the game already, Skyscale can grab on to walls...so it's just a matter of translating that with a few adjustments to characters. And with only that new mechanic there is a plethora of possibilities to start developing new content that is based on exploration. Even the "disguise yourself in X" quests (that have been overly abused throughout the game) could now become more interesting just with this simple character movement.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Seneca.6319 said:

No, if it were I wouldn't know any better so I'd keep my mouth shut.

So which ones drop their introduced mechanics after they've been already used in order to avoid "repeating themselves" or constantly come up with a completely new ones between the content releases?

To your second point, seeing that you are a very active member of this forum,  you surely are familiar with other sections. People post suggestions all the time. Not all are good but some are worth taking into consideration.

Sure and yet I don't recall too many actually good/valid ones, hence the question.

I've also given you a suggestion in the previous reply, if characters could shimmy or grab on to ledges then jumping puzzles would be much more fun. The mechanic is in the game already, Skyscale can grab on to walls...so it's just a matter of translating that with a few adjustments to characters. And with only that new mechanic there is a plethora of possibilities to start developing new content that is based on exploration. Even the "disguise yourself in X" quests (that have been overly abused throughout the game) could now become more interesting just with this simple character movement.

Grapple -> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oakheart's_Reach_(skill) ?

As for just latching onto the wall like skyscale, I fail to see how it is supposed to provide much of a positive change to the gameplay. Do you mean the purpose of it would be for the players to jump right below the edge of the terrain and then automatically pull themselves up (pretty much the staple of prince of persia movement btw, which you've said you're not a fan of in terms of jumping puzzles)? Considering  the jumps would need to be subsequently re-adjusted so the player doesn't land on the terrain but right below it so they can grab and pull up, that just makes it a regular jump with longer animation, doesn't it? Or do you mean literally latching onto the wall like skyscale and then... what? Role play as spiderman by crawling on it? That invalidates the whole point of jumping puzzles, it's just walking on walls. It's possible I simply don't understand what you're exactly proposing, but for now I don't see that as a good idea.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So which ones drop their introduced mechanics after they've been already used in order to avoid "repeating themselves" or constantly come up with a completely new ones between the content releases?

Sure and yet I don't recall too many actually good/valid ones, hence the question.

Grapple -> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oakheart's_Reach_(skill) ?

As for just latching onto the wall like skyscale, I fail to see how it is supposed to provide much of a positive change to the gameplay. Do you mean the purpose of it would be for the players to jump right below the edge of the terrain and then automatically pull themselves up (pretty much the staple of prince of persia movement btw, which you've said you're not a fan of in terms of jumping puzzles)? Considering  the jumps would need to be subsequently re-adjusted so the player doesn't land on the terrain but right below it so they can grab and pull up, that just makes it a regular jump with longer animation, doesn't it? Or do you mean literally latching onto the wall like skyscale and then... what? Role play as spiderman? That invalidates the whole point of jumping puzzles, it's just walking on wals. It's possible I simply don't understand what you're exactly proposing, but for now I don't see that as a good idea.

Oakheart's Reach is only available in Draconis Mons, it's not a mechanic available in the entire game. If we take the entire game into consideration then the jumping mechanics is not even Prince of Persia level. It's Super Mario on Sega consoles Cheers, enjoy your Super Mario fun :) pretty sure you're one of the nostalgic ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 11/14/2022 at 5:12 AM, Seneca.6319 said:

Oakheart's Reach is only available in Draconis Mons, it's not a mechanic available in the entire game. If we take the entire game into consideration then the jumping mechanics is not even Prince of Persia level. It's Super Mario on Sega consoles Cheers, enjoy your Super Mario fun 🙂 pretty sure you're one of the nostalgic ones.

Well, that explained nothing. But thanks, I will continue enjoying it 🙂

Not sure what you're confused about, here's what was avoided/not explained:

1. Questions about the other rpgs he's using as a base his complaints

2. How is "grabbing a ledge" or "sticking to a wall" changing anything significantly about jumping puzzles without simply trivializing them instead.

So yeah, after all the complaints he didn't explain anything. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Seneca.6319 said:

Yup, 0 creativity, with the risk of repeating myself.

GW2 is definitely not perfect. It can do much more. However, there's a huge difference between criticizing and belittling the whole GW2 Devs team. Saying they have 0 creativity is definitely not merely criticizing.

Not all ideas presented by players are feasible even if they look good on paper. And if they did not act on your suggestion, if you did presented any, it's probably because it's not feasible or not a very good one. No doubt there are great ideas suggested by players that were overlooked but not all can be implemented or done so easily.

Anyways, you either missed or chose to ignore my comments. Which are those wonderful MMOs that have Devs with abundance of creativity such that they never reuse mechanics? All the major ones like WoW, FFIX, etc. definitely do not fit your descriptions. I'm really eager to play these awesome MMOs.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Seneca.6319 said:

Oakheart's Reach is only available in Draconis Mons, it's not a mechanic available in the entire game. If we take the entire game into consideration then the jumping mechanics is not even Prince of Persia level. It's Super Mario on Sega consoles Cheers, enjoy your Super Mario fun 🙂 pretty sure you're one of the nostalgic ones.

Oakheart’s reach does have other maps available for use, but it’s limited since it’s part of living world mastery. So they are obviously careful to implement them since there may be players without the mastery playing said map. 

Compared to other mmos jumping in gw2 feels smooth and you feel you’re in control of it. It’s not clunky at all like other games. You say you got experience with other mmos, but I fail to see it cause if you indeed had experience with other mmos you would see how unique gw2 is compared to them. No other game has mounts that feels the way it does when you use them in gw2 for example. And no gear treadmill at all. 

Im not saying gw2 doesn’t have flaws, all games do. But most of the suggestions in forums are not well thought through, impossible or not worth implementing. Or simply subjective opinions on how they feel the game should be. I’ve only seen maybe a handful good suggestions in this forum. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, Makaloff.7912 said:

To be honest the mount isnt that bad, it took me around 3 days in total to aquire it. Even if you play very casual im sure you can probably get the mount in 1-2 weeks. It have been shaved down alot compared to how it was at the start when it was released so now its even easier to get done than back then.

My best advice would be to take it slow, its a luxury mount after all, it covers the use of 3 mounts but master of none, not to mention it barely costs anything. Take the gryphon, you have to shell out 250g for that one, skyscale i think it was like 24g or something? cant remember exactly.

But to conclude, the skyscale is fine, just do it bit by bit and you will have it.

3 days? How is that possible...multiple items are time gated. While I didn't work exclusively on it, it took me like 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Skyscale is fine. The path to unlock does get frustrating but there are a hundred other things that are far more difficult - but each can be done because thousands of players have done them and you will do them too if you want the same things. 

Everyone has a skyscale - think about that. And complaining about it here won't make it magically appear.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Fair enough. But is that just for the time gates considering you complete everything else quick and easy?

Depends if you got the maps needed and currency. TacO makes the first steps of the collection done fast. If you got the maps available and currency, it’s very doable to do it in that amount of time. Not realistic to expect from the average player, but it is doable.

edit: you can’t also skip jp part with gold or by crafting the treats 

Edited by Freya.9075

I'm sorta working on the saddle and tbh I hate it. I have all the time in the world to farm for it but I'm just not. I occasionally pop on and passively hunt for the currency materials on the maps but I'm bored and sick of it after 20-30 minutes. I don't have high hopes of ever getting it because it's just a pain in the proverbial. I'm a casual player; I prefer events and meta stuff not grinding for ridiculous amounts of materials. This is also why I'll never work on legendries too. 

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, FatalKiwi.6794 said:

I'm sorta working on the saddle and tbh I hate it. I have all the time in the world to farm for it but I'm just not. I occasionally pop on and passively hunt for the currency materials on the maps but I'm bored and sick of it after 20-30 minutes.

Why not try doing the Living World Return events, especially for LW S4. Each of those will give you 25 APs, tons of loots plus the required amount of map currencies needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1