Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

15 minutes ago, TOAD.4718 said:

Why? I can think of a million things I’d take more offense to than being called a “fan” of something I enjoy.

When you enjoy something you view it oftentimes with tunnel vision unable to see other’s points of view.  Very few of the opposition posts to OP make me believe they are event ATTEMPTING to see his/her point of view. That is not the behavior of a discussion at all. That is the behavior of a debate/argument. 

Some did recognize their point of view but most were like “it’s fine deal with it”. That’s what creates these situations not some newcomer like me pointing out such things for what they really are.

Sure, being a fan is a good thing. I would even say most of the forum users are big fans of the game. Since they are so involved in the game that they come here. So feelings does get involved many times because they feel so strongly about the game. The problem with the word “fanboy” is that it’s used in the same manner as “white knight”. Which is not a positive thing. 

And thing is I don’t think I’ve seen “tunnel vision” in these forums. As the players who disagree with certain topics sometimes also complain about certain parts of the game. Or  agreeing with criticism. That’s not tunnel vision. And ofc there exists trolls. But that’s a different topic. 

most of the people who disagree with this certain topic have no issue with the collection. Since they did it and enjoyed it. Thing is the people complaining about this collection claiming it’s the “worst ever” have probably not done any other long collection in the game. Skyscale is nothing compared to many other collections. And the best part of these collections is that they are optional. They are there for the players who enjoys them. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Sure, being a fan is a good thing. I would even say most of the forum users are big fans of the game. Since they are so involved in the game that they come here. So feelings does get involved many times because they feel so strongly about the game. The problem with the word “fanboy” is that it’s used in the same manner as “white knight”. Which is not a positive thing. 

And thing is I don’t think I’ve seen “tunnel vision” in these forums. As the players who disagree with certain topics sometimes also complain about certain parts of the game. Or  agreeing with criticism. That’s not tunnel vision. And ofc there exists trolls. But that’s a different topic. 

most of the people who disagree with this certain topic have no issue with the collection. Since they did it and enjoyed it. Thing is the people complaining about this collection claiming it’s the “worst ever” have probably not done any other long collection in the game. Skyscale is nothing compared to many other collections. And the best part of these collections that they are optional. They are there for the players who enjoys them. 

So now we are getting somewhere. Reasonable discussion. Would you say one of the keys to a modern day mmorpg staying alive is to entice new players to try the game and remain playing it?

Here is my beef lately just in the short time I’ve joined the forums. Outsider perspective. Almost every time a newer player points out things they don’t like the veterans (who have already done these things) shoot down their feelings about it. How is that supposed to keep things rolling.

Honestly I’m glad I played the game first. Had I read the forums first I’d have not ever got started and would have missed out on an amazing game.

Edited by TOAD.4718
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, TOAD.4718 said:

So now we are getting somewhere. Reasonable discussion. Would you say one of the keys to a modern day mmorpg staying alive to to entice new players to try the game and remain playing it?

Here is my beef lately just in the short time I’ve joined the forums. Outsider perspective. Almost every time a newer player points out things they don’t like the veterans (who have already done these things) shoot down their feelings about it. How is that supposed to keep things rolling.

Honestly I’m glad I played the game first. Had I read the forums first I’d have not ever got started and would have missed out on an amazing game.

Keeping up interest in newer players should certainly be a goal. And it is. Not long ago they added collections for new players and revamped world bosses in starter areas. Gw2 attracts players who wants a different kind of mmo, usually casual players that doesn’t want the same kind of gear treadmills like other games.

The issue with this is that anet needs to add goals for players. Newer and older players. And that is what these collections are for. The older players who got all their gear. Who has all their masteries and have thousands of hours gameplay. These players needs a goal to stay as well as newer players need their reason to stay in this new game that throws a lot of new mechanisms and different gameplay. It’s a difficult balance to achieve. And in my opinion they have done a good job so far. It can ofc be improved. And should always be a goal. But with so many players with different opinions, it’s not an easy task for Anet to achieve full satisfaction from all players. It’s just not possible. 

Edited by Freya.9075
English 👀
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Keeping up interest in newer players should certainly be a goal. And it is. Not long ago they added collections for new players and revamped world bosses in starter areas. Gw2 attracts players who wants a different kind of mmo, usually casual players that doesn’t want the same kind of gear treadmills like other games.

The issue with this is that anet needs to add goals for players. Newer and older players. And that is what these collections are for. The older players who got all their gear. Who has all their masteries and have thousands of hours gameplay. These players needs a goal to stay as well as newer players need their reason to stay in this new game that throws a lot of new mechanisms and different gameplay. It’s a difficult balance to achieve. And in my opinion they have done a good job so far. It can ofc be improved. And should always be a goal. But with so many players with different opinions, it’s not an easy task for Anet to achieve full satisfaction from all players. It’s just not possible. 

I can agree with all of this. I’m sure it’s a tough balance as well. I don’t envy their job. I personally enjoy the game. Sure, a few things I’m like “meh” on but overall those things are so trivial compared to the issues I have with other games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As has been said, the skyscale was designed for casual players in response to direct player feedback, with the added ability to skip certain sections. Continuous use of terms like “bad decisions”, “emotional torture” and other exaggerations do not add value to the discussions.

I appreciate you are likely new to the game and haven’t seen how the devs developed the game during that era and took on board what players wanted, but please do not assume everyone else feels the same way. Some do, but many have enjoyed it and the way they can achieve this non-essential goal around their busy personal lives. It’s a better system than the griffon or turtle which requires group content.

• Like 4

Getting Skyscale was actually surprisingly easy, meaning theres nothing particularly difficult in there . Its just time consuming because you need to travel loads of places multiple times.

Only thing that annoyed me a bit with it was crafting that kitten grow lamp (was out of charged quartz and had to wait week+ to get enough)

I despise collections more where you need to wave your wallet to get anywhere (griffon, ewwww!).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Getting Skyscale was actually surprisingly easy, meaning theres nothing particularly difficult in there . Its just time consuming because you need to travel loads of places multiple times.

Only thing that annoyed me a bit with it was crafting that kitten grow lamp (was out of charged quartz and had to wait week+ to get enough)

I despise collections more where you need to wave your wallet to get anywhere (griffon, ewwww!).

Could you not just have bought the grow lamp on the tp for 24g?

• Like 1

Didn't read all comments, just want to say what I think.

I pesonally did skyscale because while doing it I enjoyed it for how it is structured, it's long yes but I mainly enjoed, it was relaxing and sometimes fun for me (I stress, for me), but if it wasn't like this, I would gave up and just be fine just with raptor and bunny.

I think it's good to do what you mainly enjoy and if it gives you too much frustration, maybe just do another thing. For example, I don't have griffon, I'm not that kind of player that saves too much money in general, especially for a mount, so I personally preferred skyscale, but it's just an example. The point is you don't have to do everything if it stressses you.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Ah, i need to mention: Skyskale is FULL pay to win.

Wow such confident, such bravely,  such..........................ludicrous 🤮

Sorry about the emoji but these thoughtless Skyscale claims  are making me sick

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Now it’s getting ridiculous. It is not pay to win. 

Of course it is, if there is gold trading in the game for real money, of course it is 'pay to win'. Or is there no option to buy 'gold' with 'gems' (these only purchased with real money)?

Really simple. But there are other ways to get gold, although it takes more time. One thing does not interfere with another. Fact - fact (regardless of 'I think') is: with real money, some things are accelerated 'in game'. But this is not objectionable. Narrating something does not mean making it 'negative (or positive).

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Of course it is, if there is gold trading in the game for real money, of course it is 'pay to win'. Or is there no option to buy 'gold' with 'gems' (these only purchased with real money)?

Really simple. But there are other ways to get gold, although it takes more time. One thing does not interfere with another. Fact - fact (regardless of 'I think') is: with real money, some things are accelerated 'in game'. But this is not objectionable. Narrating something does not mean making it 'negative (or positive).

incorrect, context is everything, and  there is no 'i have won' state in GW2.  Buying for convenience is not pay to win for example.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

incorrect, context is everything, and as there is no 'i have won' state in GW2.  Buying for convenience is not pay to win for example.

I agree about context 🙂 so, change to 'pay to more fast 😉 

-----

And if I wasn't clearer, I will be: I don't condemn games that maintain 'means' of maintaining themselves. They can be with monthly fee systems, product sales, etc. I think that's positive.

Now and back to Skyscale: nothing that everyone wrote here changes facts and the facts are simple - there are a lot of quests, objectives, until you conquer this mount and they (a lot of quests and objectives - that's the fact) - in my opinion - this immensity of quests, they are repetitive, tiring (this is just a personal predilection).

It could be minimized. Nothing more.

But what I've been finding 'amusing' in this forum (it doesn't differ from others) is that, all it takes is for someone to point out or narrate a fact - a fact - for others to get upset and try to convince - by shouting (without reasons) that these facts are no longer facts by 'point of view'.

Fact: There are numerous quests for a mount. Simple.

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

I agree about context 🙂 so, change to 'pay to more fast 😉 

-----

And if I wasn't clearer, I will be: I don't condemn games that maintain 'means' of maintaining themselves. They can be with monthly fee systems, product sales, etc. I think that's positive.

Now and back to Skyscale: nothing that everyone wrote here changes facts and the facts are simple - there are a lot of quests, objectives, until you conquer this mount and they (a lot of quests and objectives - that's the fact) - in my opinion - this immensity of quests, they are repetitive, tiring (this is just a personal predilection).

It could be minimized. Nothing more.

But what I've been finding 'amusing' in this forum (it doesn't differ from others) is that, all it takes is for someone to point out or narrate a fact - a fact - for others to get upset and try to convince - by shouting (without reasons) that these facts are no longer facts by 'point of view'.

Fact: There are numerous quests for a mount. Simple.

The time you spent here crying you could have make a lot of progress to get the skyscale. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

yeah but here is the thing, skyscale is a premium end game long term objective, its designed to be long running and its designed to satisfy the needs of those looking for long term objectives with a nice reward at the end.    When someone argues 'I want a quicker track for a long term objective (and ignoring the fact there are many ways to actually fast track skyscale) then in effect this boils down to :

'I want to treat a long term objective as a short term objective in a way that suits me' which ofc makes no sense.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

The time you spent here crying you could have make a lot of progress to get the skyscale. 

Of course, you would attack the interlocutor, throwing off the idea being discussed. Anyone who treats topics like 'reedit warriors' can only produce this, personal attacks on the forum.

Pay attention to the theme of the topic.

• Confused 6