Carpal tunnel pain from Someone in Need

Some of the JP's appear as dailies. It could be a good idea to slow burn the achievs, so a friendly mesmer can help you out.

I've also seen (and been) a mesmer who offered portals over the weekend. Maybe you could park a character at the JP you need and check on it throughout the day?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, avatarofthelight.2857 said:

I had to give up finishing Someone in Need. The back to back JPs on collections just causes to much carpal tunnel pain.

Most of them can be ported by a Mesmer or Thief friend. Futhermore if you have Living World Season 4 episode 2, you can buy the Prototype Position Rewinder from Sandswept Isles:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Galmac.4680 said:

There are only like 3 JPs that are really bad. All others are mostly at least ok.

There are only 4 JPs in total: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3 and Vol.4. Maybe 5 JPs if you count the combination for Vol.4 as two.

Vol.5 is only a kind of navigation puzzle to find the cave and Queens Roast is also not a JP but a puzzle.

I would not count any of those JPs in general bad. They are the easier JPs in the game. But I can understand, that they are not doable for some players without the help of friendly mesmers and how frustrating this can be.

The only annoying thing for me was that in the (otherwise easy) "Crystal Cavern" my glider would activate a lot and then I would jump too far. After trying for half an hour without success, I was so annoyed that I took the portal of a friendly mesmer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, avatarofthelight.2857 said:

I had to give up finishing Someone in Need. The back to back JPs on collections just causes to much carpal tunnel pain.

Hmm, perhaps you need to swap keyboards? Ever since I switched to one with flat keys that require very low pressure, I find JPs to be 100% stress free on my hand -- even the Super Adventure Box. 🙂 Also, stay relaxes, don't tense up -- you will discover it makes a huge difference on how you approach such content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Try using action camera when doing jumping puzzles, even if you don't want to use it in combat. That's the main time I turn it on, and for exactly this reason. With action camera turned on I don't need to hold down the right mouse button to turn my character using the mouse, which stops my hand hurting.

Also you don't have to do an entire collection in one go. If doing all the jumping puzzles one after the other is too much you can stop and do other things in between. You won't lose any of the progress you've already made on the collection and there's no time limit on completing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hmm, perhaps you need to swap keyboards? Ever since I switched to one with flat keys that require very low pressure, I find JPs to be 100% stress free on my hand -- even the Super Adventure Box. 🙂 Also, stay relaxes, don't tense up -- you will discover it makes a huge difference on how you approach such content.

It is not the JPs that cause carpal tunnel pain and other types of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury). I had to stop playing sPVP several years ago because of this (I played too much for a too long time).

A different keyboard can help, also a different mouse (a "vertical" mouse) can help. Also a different sitting and hand/arm position can help. Also not using keyboard/mouse (for too long) can help. And not playing at all (until everything is healed) helps also a lot.

If the OP really has carpal tunnel pain (and it is not some form of venting frustration) he/she should stop using keyboard/mouse which includes not playing the game and not posting on forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, avatarofthelight.2857 said:

The back to back JPs

There's absolutely nothing that says you need to complete the whole collection in one go. Do one step a day, week or month if that's what you need. From reading this forum, it seems the actual biggest problem with collections for some is their "I want to rush it right to the end" attitude. If you can't or don't want to do it all at once then pace yourself. The collection will remind you on which step you currently are, whenever you decide to go back to it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2     A Collective History Vol. 1

First part is tagging the odd one out. Second a Mesmer will prob help you out with this one.
4     A Collective History Vol. 2

This one is the most difficult prob as you are going to have to get all the orbs within a time limit. The JP itself is not that hard, but for someone with a disability... it won't be that easy. And mesmer isn't really an option due to the time limit (but maybe not impossible?)
6     A Collective History Vol. 3

You can Skyscale cheese them all, you never actually need to do the jumping puzzle itself.
8     A Collective History Vol. 4

You can Skyscale cheese them all, you never actually need to do the jumping puzzle itself.
10  A Collective History Vol. 5

Just go there... and do a few emotes... no jumping required.
12   Receipt from the Queen's Roast

If you done Rune-Locked Doors then it's really easy. Spider-room is just another tag the odd one out. Cold room can be cheesed with the SkyScale and the last one is just picking up orbs.  

Hope this helps a bit

6 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

It is not the JPs that cause carpal tunnel pain and other types of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury). I had to stop playing sPVP several years ago because of this (I played too much for a too long time).

A different keyboard can help, also a different mouse (a "vertical" mouse) can help. Also a different sitting and hand/arm position can help. Also not using keyboard/mouse (for too long) can help. And not playing at all (until everything is healed) helps also a lot.

If the OP really has carpal tunnel pain (and it is not some form of venting frustration) he/she should stop using keyboard/mouse which includes not playing the game and not posting on forums.

You bring up good points - a fitting ergonomy is very important. For me a good chair and wrist support with keyboard are must-haves. I used to have back problems that caused neck pain before investing in a proper gaming chair. Back problems went away with the chair but the arm supports were too hard on my elbows causing discomfort and occasional cramps so I added some padding to them. Good mechanical keyboard also helps, my current one is Glorious GMMK 2 which offers options for key sensitivity.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 1

"Just Have A Skyscale!"

Seriously though, OP, definitely try to get this done now while so many are also doing it -- much better chance of getting some help. After the excitement dies down, you'd probably have to wait for each JP to come around as a daily to get help.

I'm still working on the last few steps, but others have been pretty helpful so far through this. You'll get it if you take breaks, and deep breaths, and ask for help in map chats. 🙂

Now as for that Skyscale, I'm not sure when I'll get that, if ever. I suppose that's a motivation problem more than a RSI issue though, haha.

• Confused 1