LWS1 is done - We'll finally get new content!

Aodlop.1907

To be honest I don't even mind having a bit of a break from new content. It's given me time to digest what we have. I know some people feel differently and would prefer more content but personally I'm okay with having a bit more time, and I hope it means they've had more time to make the upcoming content better than it would otherwise have been.

Not like the game runs on a sub model and you need to get constant new content to get your moneys worth :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

LWS1 is "new content" for me, who didn't get to experience Scarlet's War when it was live. I started playing right after Daybreak was released. Now I can actually go back and be properly introduced to this cast of characters that my Commander is supposedly so close to. It always felt more like talking to a group of total strangers who got the Commander confused with someone else, and at this point he's too scared to admit he actually doesn't know them. XD

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am happy for those who wanted LS1 back. This time spent looking back rather than forward meant saving some money (and time for other interests) for me as I do not spend money (or as much time) on games that show no forward progress. I guess it is a win/win.

The game spends a few months fixing a hole in its story that's been there for YEARS after having completed a DECADE long narrative and you say the game has no "Forward progress"?

Dear GOD I need to stop coming to this forum.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The game spends a few months fixing a hole in its story that's been there for YEARS after having completed a DECADE long narrative and you say the game has no "Forward progress"?

Indeed. If you take issue with how others choose to prioritize their spending, you probably should.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Some people love LW1, some hate it, some will think it's ok, others will think it's meh and even others don't care about it at all. Regardless of all that, I am looking forward to (hopefully) LW6 or whatever they will call it.

Still hoping some Kurzicks fled deeper into the Echovald Forest or an island, and we can rediscover their culture with a cool story line. And when we find them, we will be able to get the cool Kurzick armor design that was available in GW1. And of course the same for the Luxons, but I was more interested in the Kurzicks personally.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps or even probably, but that's what I would like to see in any case. Cantha is futuristic enough, so I'd like to dig around in the past a little more.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Indeed. If you take issue with how others choose to prioritize their spending, you probably should.

I don't take issue with how your spending, I myself can't spend money on any games right now, but what I take issue with how your characterization the situation regarding GW2's narrative progress. They've been progressing the story fairly consistently for a decade, maybe not in ways that are always to everyones desires (see IBS) but they've been continuously progressing none the less. Taking a few months to back track in fill in a missing section verses Ten Years  of story just IS NOT "Showing No Forward Progress".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't take issue with how your spending, I myself can't spend money on any games right now, but what I take issue with how your characterization the situation regarding GW2's narrative progress. They've been progressing the story fairly consistently for a decade, maybe not in ways that are always to everyones desires (see IBS) but they've been continuously progressing none the less. Taking a few months to back track in fill in a missing section verses Ten Years  of story just IS NOT "Showing No Forward Progress".

By definition going back to make changes to something that is most of a decade old is not moving forward. That the lack of forward movement is a matter of only eight and a half months doesn't change that fact. I doubt very much (but would be delighted to be wrong) that we will see significant new content before EoD's one year anniversary. Had LS1 been released alongside new content that moved forward, my take would have been different. As it is, some consumers got what they want to justify spending their money. Others did not. As I said, I am happy for those who got  what they wanted and I have saved a significant amount of money to spend elsewhere.

And do remember that one person's, "a few months," is another's, "most of a year (likely at least a full year) without significant new story content." At this point ANet will have spent close to a fifth of GW2's lifespan on LS1. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Story doesn't matter in a MMO.

LS1 is essentially a 1 year content drought, just like the original LS1 was

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

By definition going back to make changes to something that is most of a decade old is not moving forward.

Im sorry but did I miss the memo that says gw2 is for vets only? There are a lot of us that never seen this content, im happy they did it. There are a heck of a lot of people that never got to do it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

First, Story in an MMO doesn't matter TO YOU.  I happen to care about this game's story, such as it is at this point, and a plurality of the player base does as well.

Secondly, an intellectually honest person would remember that the DECADE'S worth of Story I spoke of came with Game Play content such as New Maps, Dynamic Events,  New Weapons skins, New Armors, New Accessories, Elite Specializations, Mounts, Gliders, and various other additions to the totality of this game.  Nor would an intellectually honest person call the original Season One a content drought as it was focus primarily on Game Play events with the narrative existing as a support to that rather than the other way around. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

10 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

A drought?  Really?  When Releases were every two weeks??  Weird notion of content drought.  🤦‍♂️

I wish we would have an every-two-week-release content drought for the next 2 years.  :classic_tongue:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Of course people wanted season 1 to return, no question. The whole temporary content thing was silly.

Yet if Anet asked people if they're willing to go 1 year without any new content to make it happen I suspect the answer would not have been a resounding "yes" despite what some posters claim.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

A drought?  Really?  When Releases were every two weeks??  Weird notion of content drought.  🤦‍♂️

I wish we would have an every-two-week-release content drought for the next 2 years.  :classic_tongue:

Let me know what highly rewarding and highly replayable content has been released since EoD.

I'll be waiting.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

People here already complaining about the absence of new contents are probably the same people who rush the completition of every expansion or LW the first 2 weeks after release. Just take your time and enjoy content, game designers don't need to be rushed, maybe they just covered this year with LW1 to rearrange thoughts for newer contents. Patience fellas!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Im sorry but did I miss the memo that says gw2 is for vets only? There are a lot of us that never seen this content, im happy they did it. There are a heck of a lot of people that never got to do it. 

You might want to reread what you quoted because I never claimed anything about such a memo. In fact I have specifically, and repeatedly, said that I am glad for those who wanted LS1's return. The fact that they, you, wanted it and are happy about it, doesn't change the fact that it is backward facing rather than forward. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Val.7826 said:

People here already complaining about the absence of new contents are probably the same people who rush the completition of every expansion or LW the first 2 weeks after release. Just take your time and enjoy content, game designers don't need to be rushed, maybe they just covered this year with LW1 to rearrange thoughts for newer contents. Patience fellas!

Not necessarily. I didnt rush EoD, nor do I rush LS chapters. I tend to wait for a bit so that the maps are less crowded before starting.

Also, we are not talking about two weeks here. Its been going on nine months and seems likely, IMO, to be at least a full year from EoD release to the beginning of whatever new content comes next.

Accusing those who want new content more frequently than once per year of being impatient, or implying that they are content locusts is a bit off.

• Confused 5