Achievement "Nowhere to Hide" is awful, needs changes

Poobah.6254

Please either put a skip button on the cutscene or if this is impossible make the the "replay for achievements" button put you in the instance after it. Forcing me to watch a 2 minute unskippable cutscene every time I want to make an attempt at at 10 second very difficult / easy to fail achievement is beyond frustrating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Phasma Phasmatis.4305 said:

Got the Achieve to work finally. I used Engineer, Shift Signet to port near her immediately , Elixer U as soon as I was at her and drank  Elixer S and pressed F. Elixer S makes you immune to everything she does that can interrupt you. 

thank you... took me 5 tries... x.x

6 hours ago, Phasma Phasmatis.4305 said:

Got the Achieve to work finally. I used Engineer, Shift Signet to port near her immediately , Elixer U as soon as I was at her and drank  Elixer S and pressed F. Elixer S makes you immune to everything she does that can interrupt you. 

Thanks for the tip. Was getting frustrated not because of the difficulty but with having to watch the cutscene with no option to skip over and over again.. Tried this and worked on 2nd try.

• Like 1

How good for me - that my main is engineer. Read about this before and had not watched a video yet. (Still need some time until I progress to that part of the story.) I immediately thought of using that signet and the elixir though. Nice to hear that this works. I will pay attention to this when I am at that point - using the same setup.

I tried doing the thief stomp. Where u stomp shadowstep and come back to finish the stomp. Still didnt work. Stability also doesnt work. lol. Awful and annoyin af.

Edit for thieves: use elite stomp skill of Daredevil. Its a little faster and u might make it. And also take instant reflexes trait from Acrobatics (while using elite skill u evade for 2s). But i still had to try a few times.

Edited by Carnifex.3275
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nene Zen.7308 said:

This worked for me:

Trust the Dulfy!!!

I was going crazy with all the new suggestions about mist forming, invulns and thieving Spikes.  Brought a friend into the instance with me so I could try it on different toons and they could confirm if there was a bug with spike animation. 

Somewhere along the way I discounted Dulfy, because someone said the old guides weren't working any longer.  But lo and behold I rewatched this video, tried once per exacto and boom!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

"Yeah, We're Tyrians"  Knock it off Braham before I stab you with your Tibia!

Depending on who you ask and what race your character is, two (or three) of the group aren't even Tyrian, because humans technically are an invasive species that the Gods brought in from another world.

Edited by Fueki.4753

7 hours ago, Garvin.2763 said:

this is literally the worst achievement i've ever seen.

unfair conditions + unskippable cutscenes. Gamer love stuff like this!

Cutscenes that can't be skipped are a constant annoyance when doing achievements.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2022 at 11:35 PM, Galmac.4680 said:

Poor me has to do it with a necro. All stability and blindings won't help to avoid that huge knockbacks. 

yeah, i first tried with sb's dolyak's stance, she just wipes away all 6 stacks of stabs with 1 go

On 11/13/2022 at 5:50 AM, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Somewhere along the way I discounted Dulfy, because someone said the old guides weren't working any longer.  But lo and behold I rewatched this video, tried once per exacto and boom!

I too did watch it, it seems that the gap time before she does the push again is slightly shorter, but then it could be just the trash oce ping, never good for these short of timing based shits. after like 40min of try on my sb, I just went for what i felt was the surest method, mist form and got it on the first try

The thing that annoys me most: 

This SHOULD work with current mechanics. You are asking the player to do something hard, and they should be able to use their toolbox and TRUST the toolbox WORKS.

When this achievement ignores Stability (as she CLEARLY pushed me away with 2 seconds of stability left... BREAKING the rules... FORCING me to see the HORRIBLE UNSKIPPABLE cutscene again... then that is a bug. It SHOULD work.

Nowhere in the stability tooltip does it say "Except Scarlet's push" so it... should... WORK!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1