• Shortbow
    • Greatsword
    • Axe (MH/OH/DW)
    • Dagger (MH/OH/DW)
    • Scepter
    • Focus
    • Torch
    • Warhorn

It's always fun to read opinions about the next elite spec weapons, so let's ask the people what they would like to see as our next weapon.

If you picked one of the single handed weapons (axe or dagger), then please specify if you mean in the mainhand, offhand or as a dual wield option.

Feel also free to share how you imagine the weapon to get utilized. Maybe you have some fun skill ideas, mechanics, or just know what theme you want it to have.

Edited by Kodama.6453

Dagger, preferably dual-wield.

(1) auto-attack
1 - Thrust the dagger at your opponent (poke). [single target, bleeding]
2 - Pull the dagger upwards to the skull (slash). [single target]
3 - Throw it in the air, let it spin, catch it and do a massive swipe from left to right. [5 target]

(2) body-quake, double-strike
1 - Thrust the dagger at your opponent, so it sticks. [bleeding]
2 - Form a fist with your free hand and push the dagger through your opponent. [1/2 second daze, bleeding]

(3) ground-quake
Thrust the dagger on the ground, then do a flip and land with your fist on the hilt, causing a small shockwave. [aoe stun, blast-finisher]

(4) cyclone
Throw your off-hand dagger to the left. It spins around you, blocking projectiles and hitting/bleeding enemies it passes through. 

(5) sonic-dash
Point with your dagger at your nose, then straight forward. Rush forward with super-sonic speed. Causing a sonic-boom at your start point which works as a small area-pull. Enemies you pass through are getting crippled. Upon arrival you cause a delayed AoE, that triggers when the sonic catches up with you. AoE push + damage.

Power weapons with some condition-side effects. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I personally hope for dual wielding daggers with 600 throwing range on an acid brew master spec. Well 600 range only because we kinda have weapons with other range limitations 😄

Or some magnetic crazy stuff with scepter + focus to control it.

I know many would like to see a staff, but I'd prefer a main- and an offhand so we are more flexible and can still take either a pistol in main- or offhand or a shield with those. The limited weapon options make me sad. Still sad that the mace didn't become a core weapon and mechanist got another mace in the offhand :'D

Alternatively a dagger(s) as a core power weapon would also still be nice. Isn't a knife always a part of a good toolkit? 😛

Edited by Nero.7369

I have a tie on dagger, staff, Focus, and greatsword but can only pick one.

Either way with Engineer they can always get creative with the weapons such as making normal melee weapons into range attack weapons. 

With Engineer elite spec focus so much on melee weapons for so long, I do think it is time to introduce a elite spec that provide a new long range weapon option. 

Daggers has a interesting potential to be Tesla coil theme weapons.

Focus can be a interesting touch to Engineer and this weapon has yet to obtain a Elite Spec that actually use it. Maybe be the first Elite Spec that have Main hand Focus. I don't have much idea what they may do with Focus Elite Spec beyond digital constructions or Power cores focus on enhancing the character.

Like some others here, I would like to dual wield daggers for the next elite spec.

Similar to Nero, I would use an acid focused chemical theme for the elite spec which works with chemical fogs to apply stealth to itself. Ambush skills and a flip-over toolbelt with a cooldown could be great mechanics. And it should give us alot of stealth and boon removal!

Basically an engineer/thief combination, if we go by the dual classing system Anet uses to design some elite specs.

• Like 1

Personnally I would rather have a ranged weapon than another melee weapon so my pick would be Staff or Longbow or hell a proper condition weapon with shortbow (although it will kind of feel P2W considering the only condition weapon engi has is pistol and well it is underwhelming) . But honestly as long as they give it some range, any weapon will go.

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869

I'd love to see asuran based engineers, with their portals. I pick staff for the weapon, because asurans can combine magic with technology.

1- Chain auto like guard staff

2 - Shoot 3 projectile that stick on target, pulsing damage and cripple. After delay, it explode, like harpoon gun time bomb skill, inflict confusion stack per projectile.

3 - Open a portal that reflect projectile, like rev staff 3.

4 - Hit your target hard, sending them through a portal 900 unit away from you, like guardian banish, but it knockback and teleport the target, not launch.

5 - Stick your target with portal bomb, after delay it will open and pull nearby enemies into target. If any enemies get pulled, the portal will expode, if not, the target get knockdown instead.

• Thanks 1

Payload based Longbow that does non-projectile based ranged attacks to contrast with Rifle and Pistol. Flavorwise, the animation is shooting payloads into the air and chemical reactions do their thing from acid rain to attracting lightning bolts and raining firework shrapnel.

The auto-attack would deal lower damage than comparable auto-attacks, but would feed into the Elite spec's gimmick, essentially banking damage and cashing out later.

Lonbow, that will throw nades cause Anet  logic :)

Class name:  The better Ranger

It will played based gw1 ranger preparations and traps, players can change the effects of the bow skills based on the preparations that will substitu toolbelt skills. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Preparation

its elite will be called  Plasma Arrows based on https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glass_Arrows will hurt players that have Aegis boon  up and extra, players that have aegis will receive part of damage and will be set on fire.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Lonbow, that will throw nades cause Anet  logic 🙂

It will played based gw1 ranger preparations and traps, players can change the effects of the bow skills based on the preparations that will substitu toolbelt skills. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Preparation

its elite will be called  Plasma Arrows based on https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glass_Arrows will hurt players that have Aegis boon  up and extra, players that have aegis will receive part of damage and will be set on fire.

But we are the better ranger already. They just called the spec mechanist.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Lonbow, that will throw nades cause Anet  logic :)

Basically......

let us go Rambo!

I would say Dagger MH (or maybe DW but that's not necessary since it could fit with the core off-hand weapons), in a eSpec called something like "Magnetist".

What I imagine is a mid-range weapon (like 600 range) to be used in pair with the Shield to create a solid mid-range power/tank eSpec that throws and recatches his weapons.

For this I think devs will need to work on the animations of weapon-throwing because by now the thrown weapon has a basic appearence and not the weapon skin you actually have (see Engineer's shield or Warrior greatsword)

53 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The joke is that in the eyes of some, engineer pistol is just so bad it might as well not exist.

Uuuuh thank you, I didn't got that. Since I don't often use my Engi, even if I actually use 2 pistols / mace+pistol on him, I don't have the same feelings about that.