PvP is officially dead

Kstyle.5829

The game is officially dead.  Literally every single match I get in is smashed 500 to 50 or the other way around.  In ranked games I was getting silver players in platinum.  And when I was in gold placing I would fight top 10 players.  There's literally like 300 people left doing PvP.  It's really disappointing because this is the best PvP designed MMO I have ever played.  Just like GunZ which everybody quit because it was too challenging.  I realize people only want to play really easy games and be told they are skilled and given professional titles.  But it is what it is.  I know nobody cares, everyone just says "can I have ur stuff?".  But I mean hey it was fun. I'm not going to make the mistake of playing other games either.  I'm just done gaming in general.  Because now I know what happens to every single good game.  You basically just waste your time playing it because it goes out of business so people can play fortnite and call of duty.  I may as well stop using gaming as an escape in general and go buy into the BS of getting a masters degree so I can take on endlessly more debt for slightly higher salary in a career thats ultimately not rewarding but hey, better than playing games with people who don't work at all and call me a bot and an npc I guess.  

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

• Kstyle.5829 changed the title to PvP is officially dead
28 minutes ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

The game is officially dead.  Literally every single match I get in is smashed 500 to 50 or the other way around.  In ranked games I was getting silver players in platinum.  And when I was in gold placing I would fight top 10 players.  There's literally like 300 people left doing PvP.  It's really disappointing because this is the best PvP designed MMO I have ever played.  Just like GunZ which everybody quit because it was too challenging.  I realize people only want to play really easy games and be told they are skilled and given professional titles.  But it is what it is.  I know nobody cares, everyone just says "can I have ur stuff?".  But I mean hey it was fun. I'm not going to make the mistake of playing other games either.  I'm just done gaming in general.  Because now I know what happens to every single good game.  You basically just waste your time playing it because it goes out of business so people can play fortnite and call of duty.  I may as well stop using gaming as an escape in general and go buy into the BS of getting a masters degree so I can take on endlessly more debt for slightly higher salary in a career thats ultimately not rewarding but hey, better than playing games with people who don't work at all and call me a bot and an npc I guess.  

Im glad your finally getting that Masters degree. 🥰

Can i have your stuff tho?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I havnt played a single game of pvp in months and i dont even log in gw2 anymore. I'm just so tired of conquest same old map same old objectives. After 10 years what is the god honest point. There no feeling of honest competition. I may log in again to try out the scepter changes for ele, but what's the point of winning games? I don't see one.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I havnt played a single game of pvp in months and i dont even log in gw2 anymore. I'm just so tired of conquest same old map same old objectives. After 10 years what is the god honest point. There no feeling of honest competition. I may log in again to try out the scepter changes for ele, but what's the point of winning games? I don't see one.

Never felt like not having extra content being a good reason to not play.

Many if not all games out there that are competitive introduce only so much themselves and their players usually stick to the same things unless they are forced out of their habit.

• Like 3

I get you, but you shouldn't  let this miserable, depressing, joke of a shoehorned in gamemode stop you from enjoying recreation in general.

It was good at one point. Maybe even the best, but now is just stinky and forgotten manipulated mess.  Leave it to fester, I'd say. Let the same handful of people that ruined it, stew in it all on their lonesome.

They've invested so much real world money and time into the scheme, that they may as well have their little Empire of dirt with nobody playing it.

PvE is still solid while still using the same combat, but I understand that gets boring.

Completely unrelated and totally random question that I am definitely asking for no reason and not with the intent to say; in theory, pull someone from this game to another, but do you own Darktide?

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751

3 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Never felt like not having extra content being a good reason to not play.

Many if not all games out there that are competitive introduce only so much themselves and their players usually stick to the same things unless they are forced out of their habit.

When you been playing for 10 years since August 2012. Doing the same thing over and over again losses itsfun. Let me ask you something, what was you're very first game? Why did you stop. Honestly the reason doesn't matter but its the same theology. I lost intrest in the in conquest plain and simple, and I would suspect that's the same reason for alot of people as well. 

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

When you been playing for 10 years since August 2012. Doing the same thing over and over again losses itsfun. Let me ask you something, what was you're very first game? Why did you stop. Honestly the reason doesn't matter but its the same theology. I lost intrest in the in conquest plain and simple, and I would suspect that's the same reason for alot of people as well. 

People have been playing CS Dust 2 as the same map in the same defuse game mode with the same weapons with the same tactics and peeking the same corners all by design since 2000.

Games by default don't need to introduce anything new or much new if the formula works.

The problem with GW2 is the devs not playing nor taking PvP seriously and considering they have this game which has mostly worked in an homogenous way which can actually help balancing, but again, not taking it seriously. They wouldn't rework anything for PvP like they do for PvE.

The only reason why I stopped playing GW2 as much like before is because Anet ruined Core Revenant skills by not knowing what they're doing, changing things that other professions still run rampant with to this day.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

People have been playing CS Dust 2 as the same map in the same defuse game mode with the same weapons with the same tactics and peeking the same corners all by design since 2000.

ah dude i poured around 2000 hours into de dust 2, both defuse and deathmatch. the best designed multiplayer game map ever made imo.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

When you been playing for 10 years since August 2012. Doing the same thing over and over again losses itsfun. 

Shao is correct here.

If the game is fun and (even remotely) balanced and the community is moderated, retaining a good playerbase for 10years (even if you dont personally add new content) + is child's play. 

If the game has a mastery curve and ways to improve (and hardware easily supports it, but even that can be addressed), people will continue to play it. 

Conquest, to me, is not fun because some specs have languished in the mode for years while other specs continue to ship continually with skills that take away player agency with no telegraph, and Arenanet is somehow consistent in ignoring the former and making the latter stronger or more plentiful as time goes on. 

As passionate as Roy and CmC may be, there are a lot of interactions to untangle before it is seen as anything more than a means to an end. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Shao is correct here.

If the game is fun and (even remotely) balanced and the community is moderated, retaining a good playerbase for 10years (even if you dont personally add new content) + is child's play. 

If the game has a mastery curve and ways to improve (and hardware easily supports it, but even that can be addressed), people will continue to play it. 

Conquest, to me, is not fun because some specs have languished in the mode for years while other specs continue to ship continually with skills that take away player agency with no telegraph, and Arenanet is somehow consistent in ignoring the former and making the latter stronger or more plentiful as time goes on. 

As passionate as Roy and CmC may be, there are a lot of interactions to untangle before it is seen as anything more than a means to an end. 

You're not kidding with the taking away player agency. I don't know why Arenanet thinks Moa is good idea for example. 

While i dont PvP very often I kind of agree with the OP. My main mode is WvW I love it. But it is in a similar situation. PVP and WvW are the true end game experience. After you have done all the strikes, raids, META's ect. you want to go somewhere and fight other real people, not NPCs. These modes are where most of the veteran GW2 community hangs out. Its fun to fight other people. I think we can all agree that it would be nice if these 2 end game content modes were shown some love. It can not be that hard to implement new maps and rewards. I just honestly think that they just dont want to. And thats sad.

• Haha 1

There are people afk in so many games. People just Q for rewards I guess? Anet seems to do nothing about it. As a newer player I am quitting PvP because it is pretty trash. A ton of fun when a game is legit but having two afks on the opposing team then having the same guy afk two games in a row on my team. It's just gross. These players don't get reprimanded for such behavior, I see them all over and over again. It's a handful of people that would love to see this game stay dead because they spend their day ruining games.

Edited by Libera Simio.1592
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

The game is officially dead.  Literally every single match I get in is smashed 500 to 50 or the other way around.  In ranked games I was getting silver players in platinum.  And when I was in gold placing I would fight top 10 players.  There's literally like 300 people left doing PvP.

Ratio:

https://imgur.com/a/oOGdtpl

7/10 of my last games were close (within around 100 points) -- this pattern has held true all season.  

You might be getting called a bot or npc if you give up after your first mid push, and maybe also why you see games that are extremely one-sided? 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ratio:

https://imgur.com/a/oOGdtpl

7/10 of my last games were close (within around 100 points) -- this pattern has held true all season.  

Is that what that says? This image is so low res I can barely see the exact numbers but my eyesight also ain't great

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You might be getting called a bot or npc if you give up after your first mid push, and maybe also why you see games that are extremely one-sided? 

It's cool that 7 of your every 10 games played go well one way or another.

I dont get this logical leap though. If anyone else doesn't also experience at least 7/10 good games then they're a quitter?

That says quitting the game entirely mind you, not individual matches, and quitting the game entirely is a perfectly reasonable response to dealing with harassment in between those state-approved 7/10 decent games. Definitely a figure to be proud of. Pffft.

Come on down to guild wars 2 pvp everyone where 7 of every 10 games you play might not be a total waste of time. Aren't we blessed?

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Is that what that says? This image is so low res I can barely see the exact numbers but my eyesight also ain't great

It's cool that 7 of your every 10 games played go well one way or another.

I dont get this logical leap though. If anyone else doesn't also experience at least 7/10 good games then they're a quitter?

That says quitting the game entirely mind you, not individual matches, and quitting the game entirely is a perfectly reasonable response to dealing with harassment in between those state-approved 7/10 decent games. Definitely a figure to be proud of. Pffft.

Come on down to guild wars 2 pvp everyone where 7 of every 10 games you play might not be a total waste of time. Aren't we blessed?

7/10 = 70%, which yes is a very decent number to have close games with, especially since I only SoloQ in high g2 - high g3.  

Also, if you click the image on imgur it expands it--I thought I wouldn't have to say this in 2022 but it is the GW2 forums I guess.  

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

7/10 = 70%, which yes is a very decent number to have close games with, especially since I only SoloQ in high g2 - high g3. 

Ok

I guess having 70% of games that are generously rounded to being within 100 score of the other team is a figure to be proud of. This is all in the mind after all.

I don't think its anything remotely close to an excuse to BM though. The majority of those games are after all, big L's.

And this is all anecdotal coming from only 2 subdivisions on the competitive ladder. This doesn't speak to match quality at higher or lower divisions or in Unranked and its entirely personal.

One soloQ's advice to another, maybe your teams would quit less for the other '30%' of your games if you didn't accuse them of being quitters and/or bots. Its called decency and sportsmanship and people are generally more receptive to playing a game when these things are shown to them.

Also, if you click the image on imgur it expands it--I thought I wouldn't have to say this in 2022 but it is the GW2 forums I guess.  

No kitten, but rip mobile users.

No, I gotta get out of bed against the pain of my lumbago just to hop on my PC and read someone telling me that 500 - 337 is a <100 score difference. 

So really you mean 60% anyway, which is a failing grade i'm afraid.

22 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

One soloQ's advice to another, maybe your teams would quit less for the other '30%' of your games if you didn't accuse them of being quitters and/or bots. Its called decency and sportsmanship and people are generally more receptive to playing a game when these things are shown to them.

My teams don't quit very much, which is why I hover around 70% close game rate.  It turns out if you have even remote carry capability the 'quit rate' goes waaaay down.  

Be a leader, not a hipster.  

• Like 1

My teams don't quit very much, which is why I hover around 70% close game rate.  It turns out if you have even remote carry capability the 'quit rate' goes waaaay down.  

Be a leader, not a hipster.  

I can't really tell if this is  brave & admirable self-confidence, or the typical dime-a-dozen big head wintrader mentality.

But with 60% positive results, i'm going to be nice and assume the former.

We should; as a whole, all 20 or so of us, be nicer to eachother in general and direct all meanness to the ones who are responsible for there being like 20 of us in the first place.

All this does is normalize the egomania present in the top% of players.

2 hours ago, pukish.5784 said:

I dont want to do hard carry..hard efforts for one match. If everyone know what to do we can share works and it will help ourselves.

Now that's real leadership.

One's capacity to lead is not measured solely in their ability to order a team around and do everything themselves

It is measured in one's ability to treat them as equals and to let them take the lead when necessary so that they might fulfill their role.

Pay attention, because if the game ever gets taken back from the do-nothings, it's going to be players like @pukish.5784that rise to the top.

In respect, if not of the game entire