No aim, no brain, I'm a Bull's Charge main [Merged]

bethekey.8314

Just now, Shao.7236 said:

Yeah I've seen some vibrate through FFA pillars. In reality the game interpolation is just.. Very delayed.

It feels wrong but doubtful we can have any better until quantum entanglement internet exists.

many melee attacks have a range, and they will pass through anything, maybe would have survived if backed further away, the barrels are not even 120 range

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

many melee attacks have a range, and they will pass through anything, maybe would have survived if backed further away, the barrels are not even 120 range

In my case, the warrior usually desyncs and resyncs when I'm hit. Not so much for hitboxes.

12 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I am wondering, does prime light beam curve up the barrels?

Not sure I understand, PLB gets obstructed by basic obstacles.

10 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Unless the wiki is mistaken, Bull's Charge doesn't have a listed range for the actual hit, just the travel distance: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bull's_Charge

The nuance of this clip is, if I was in range of the stun effect, through the barrels, why didn't it go off when I was closest to the barrels? I walked further away while the warrior was grinding his face into the wood.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Unless the wiki is mistaken, Bull's Charge doesn't have a listed range for the actual hit, just the travel distance: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bull's_Charge

The nuance of this clip is, if I was in range of the stun effect, through the barrels, why didn't it go off when I was closest to the barrels? I walked further away while the warrior was grinding his face into the wood.

*Pushes up glasses

Technically, if you watch your path, you can see you are at a greater distance on the open side of the barrels.

What I mean is based on the angle of his attack, the range is trying to strike you though the barrels at an angle ↙️ but as the attack completes the full range, and you move to your left, the direction is now ⬇️.

(this means, if you think about a right triangle for instance, you had more range away in the open side, and basically you went from the hypotnuse to a or b)

My guess it does indeed have a range, of 130, and when you moved left, you came into range as the warrior aligned straight on with the barrels, but it is so quick, that may be debateable.

I have been sloshed by plb through those same barrels.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

*Pushes up glasses

Technically, if you watch your path, you can see you are at a greater distance on the open side of the barrels.

What I mean is based on the angle of his attack, the range is trying to strike you though the barrels at an angle ↙️ but as the attack completes the full range, and you move to your left, the direction is now ⬇️.

My guess it does indeed have a range, of 130, and when you moved left, you came into range as the warrior aligned straight on with the barrels, but it is so quick, that may be debateable.

I have been sloshed by plb through those same barrels.

I would love for you to draw what you think happened out, with lines from the warrior to me, at the relevant start and end positions on the barrels.

And ok, would love some video evidence. If so, make so neither hit through walls? I don't use/cancel PLB if I see someone going behind LoS anyway. Warriors should have the same reservations when they see someone near or behind LoS.

Edited by bethekey.8314

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I’ve had prime light beam hit someone using a jump pad in sky hammer from the bottom and it hit them midair at the top. So yes it does but there are edge cases similar to this bulls charge where the terrain gives an unfair advantage. 

Another weird skill interaction is bladesworn charge and ele dagger 4. They lock on to the target and can sometimes send you all over the place. 

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I would love for you to draw what you think happened out, with lines from the warrior to me, at the relevant start and end positions on the barrels.

And ok, would love some video evidence. If so, make so neither hit through walls? I don't use/cancel PLB if I see someone going behind LoS anyway. Warriors should have the same reservations when they see someone near or behind LoS.

w8MdWOW.jpg (1896×1824) (imgur.com)

you are the circle, the pentagon is the war, if you see the initial path, then the end path, hopefully you can see that the distance was shortened.

you didnt actually back away from the barrels, you moved to your left.

(the big kitten circle is the pillar, and the rounded rectangle is the barrels, i assume it is seen something like that in game)

Edited by Crab Fear.8623

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

w8MdWOW.jpg (1896×1824) (imgur.com)

you are the circle, the pentagon is the war, if you see the initial path, then the end path, hopefully you can see that the distance was shortened.

you didnt actually back away from the barrels, you moved to your left.

(the big kitten circle is the pillar, and the rounded rectangle is the barrels, i assume it is seen something like that in game)

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

i know you are gonna say, but i did back up, but you were trying at the last second, literally a 1/gazillionth of a second, but the hit already registered at this point

I appreciate you drawing it out. Now I know why we disagree.

Yeah, I'm not moving parallel to the crates during any of the relevant window. I'm moving away from the barrels.

Also, the warrior is not moving nearly as much as you indicate. He erratically shifts back and forth in Bulls Charge, but ultimately hits around the same point he arrived at the crates. 

This is how I see it, using similar shapes: https://imgur.com/a/llOHtEH

Regardless, this shouldn't happen. I don't care if other skills hit through LoS. Most of them shouldn't hit either.

Edited by bethekey.8314

5 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

The ultimate fire and forget skill. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't also let the warrior quantum tunnel through the barrels.

That's really funny. Suffer under the nonsensical  jank.

Please fix our poorly tracking skills though.  This one, rush, axe throw, impale, bladetrail, etc.

I'm not going to justify that,  but it's just one more side effect of warriors being left in 2014. Just, this time it negatively affected you instead of the warrior. 

Lol though.  Lmao. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

Warrior already have more issues than any other profession, with little to no payout for the most of the hoops they have to jump through. Having half a hand full of little nice things like this remaining is the least Arenanet should let them keep.

That aside, Bull's Charge is highly telegraphed and decently easily to avoid.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

this one right here is not curve

but hitbox

these warrior skills are so bad at hitting target they made the hitbox huge.

because they refuse to give warrior skills that actually function.

same for rush, rush hit box is enormous like a truck yet it still misses 50% of the times.

any experienced player would simply move a bit farther from the wall and it will miss, once u get used to the hitbox it's incredibly easy to avoid situation like this, very much a skill issue, same like getting melee'ed behind wall, you own fault

the irony tho its the title but OP playing mech

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Suffer under the nonsensical  jank.

Oh I do, all the way to a different game.

7 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

Stay mad bullschargelets

Caught me. I'm just upset I can't also run head first into walls and succeed.

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Having half a hand full of little nice things like this remaining is the least Arenanet should let them keep.

That aside, Bull's Charge is highly telegraphed and decently easily to avoid.

My mistake for expecting a wall to stop a shield. Or conversely, well played by the warrior for using his important cooldown into a wall.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

any experienced player would simply move a bit farther from the wall and it will miss, once u get used to the hitbox it's incredibly easy to avoid situation like this, very much a skill issue, same like getting melee'ed behind wall, you own fault

The delusion is palpable. Not "poorly coded game", "lag", or "bad warrior for using important cooldown into a wall", but "skill issue for getting hit through and beyond wall". Perhaps you've run headfirst into one too many walls yourself?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

My mistake for expecting a wall to stop a shield. Or conversely, well played by the warrior for using his important cooldown into a wall.

Things hitting through walls isn't exactly anything new to gaming.

In my opinion, it's weirder to expect a wall stopping an attack and its hitbox.