Since season 1 is finished, anet will soon start releasing season 6 content. What do you want to see?

Arthelad.5418

22 minutes ago, stuvvo.4753 said:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the longest period of time, a living word (if it's even called living world anymore) episode 1 wasn't released in in 3 months or whatever it was, seems longer, this time around.

Anet was spending most of the time they would normally be working on new LW episodes to re-implement LWS1, as well as all the other QoL/balance updates we've seen since EoD, in prep for the Steam launch. Making the game as is better so more Steam people stay was more important than making new content for awhile.

Though there was a pretty large gap between HoT(Oct 2015) and LWS3E1(July 2016) of like 9 months. We've just hit 10ish months since EoD came out. So it hasn't been too much longer at this point. Though it will be by whatever time LWS6E1 comes out.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 2

Would like to see some of the old plot threads from GW1 also taken care of alongside many of the threads still open in GW2.  Personally, given that Cantha used to be renowned for its associations with the gods (and subsequently the mists, via the Envoys and Wei No Su among other things) and I would love to see how the gods react to the death of balthazar and how a group of mortals was able to take care of problems that the gods themselves could not.  I'd figure Raisu palace would have many historical documents (a secret or restricted library of sorts) that would explain a bit more about such subjects, and I wouldn't be surprised if that would be part of what kicks off the next story arc.

With Dragon Void still having the potential to be a problem, and it's indirect association with the mists, I would be surprised if we DIDN'T move into the Gods of Tyria/Mists arc, perhaps even getting the opportunity to visit the original world humans hail from, perhaps even finding out what happened to Razah (tbh, I thought Kanaxai and his inexplicable demonic corruption might make a return at some point, and the fact that Dragon magic is compatable with Shiro's/Abaddon's death wail magic had me thinking that the dragon void has connections to both why Kanaxai appeared and why Urgoz and the Wardens were corrupted after the jade wail, since such corruption seems similar to that of what elder dragons have done so far).  Between Razah, Demons, the Mursaat, the Gods themselves, and many other creatures, they have several plot lines that could lead us through the mists.

Likewise, I would like to find out more about the rest of the world at large, like what dwells beyond the places where humans primarily set up shop, being Tyria, Elona, and Cantha.  What about the underground holds of the Asura and Dwarves, which should now be free to explore with Primordus' defeat, or the wilds to the east of Ascalon and Elona?  Or perhaps a westward continent that we've yet to visit (A New World Exploration Arc, but y'know, without the crimes against humanity, where we find new variants of the five main races, such as asura that surfaced elsewhere?). 

Some minor plots I'd like to revisit is what happened to the rest of the bloodstones, and how Joko obtained lichdom (Praise Joko) and how he was able to circumvent the mists.  Where has Zojja/Malyck been all this time?  Is Blish still alive somewhere, floating in the mists (half expected him to make a reappearance with the Aetherblades in EoD)?  Where do the Largos hail from?  Echovald Amber Tech?  How many of the other members of Critical Role can we convince to VA for GW2?  What about Sung-Won?  MOAR Guild Halls and Guild-based activities/missions/organizations/buildings/levels, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kayos Z Amakan.9162 said:

Is Blish still alive somewhere, floating in the mists (half expected him to make a reappearance with the Aetherblades in EoD)? 

Blish allowed himself to be eaten by Kralkatorrik so we could track his movements. He was never left in the Mists, his body is just somewhere in Kralk's cavernous mass in Dragonfall.

4 hours ago, Kayos Z Amakan.9162 said:

or the wilds to the east of Ascalon and Elona?

East of Ascalon is Charr lands. IIRC its said Blood Legion territory extends over there. East of Elona is a coastline.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509

Perhaps it’s time to see if the deep underground areas still have any asuran cities intact and whether there’s anything left of the dwarves to save. I had so many high hopes for a Primordus expac in the early days. But alas.

”For the World is hollow and I have touched the sky”

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

As much as it makes sense for Aurene to take a nap, she presently has to stay awake, otherwise Cantha loses electricity. So if she does take a nap it'd probably only be after a fix for the jade tech issue is found.

Zojja definitely needs to make a return at some point. The game keeps pointing it out.

There is some slight evidence that Lyssa might be pissed off enough to seek retribution due to Balthazar's death what with the flavor text you get when crafting one of the legendary trinkets.

Maybe we'll actually have story take place directly in the Mists for once. Like you have to travel to the PVP lobby or enter a specific low level fractal to find the next story dialogue.

5 hours ago, Dualumina.1760 said:

As much as it makes sense for Aurene to take a nap, she presently has to stay awake, otherwise Cantha loses electricity. So if she does take a nap it'd probably only be after a fix for the jade tech issue is found.

I don’t think Aurene will have to sleep like other elder dragons. The whole deal was that the old elder dragons gorged themselves on magic and until it was virtually gone, and then they’d hibernate until the levels of magic built up again. Aurene’s whole deal is that she doesn’t horde the magic, she filters it and redistributes it back to Tyria. Unless they approach it from the angle that this process is too taxing for her to do alone, I doubt she’s going to fall asleep like the other dragons did - and even that hypothetical might not resolve with her needing to sleep.

Edited by Zola.6197

I'd kind of like an inbetweeney season of stories. Whats happening with the various dragon minions? Feel like the unchained around Cantha could be a good intro to that story. Check in on the Sylvari and Mother Tree. Check in on Braham. Maybe Zojja can show up for a trip down to the depths. Maybe the Kodan can head back north and bump into the remnants of Jormag.

Feels like theres a bunch of stories that have been in stasis for a while and could be tied up.

I'd like them to reset the power levels a bit. Just throw in a couple of lines of dialogue about us having trouble with more grounded levels of enemies now that Aurene is out of the picture. Maybe a comment about picking fights with gods being off the table at the moment (just before a god shows up that we need to pick a fight with!).

Beyond that some weird and bizarre environments to explore - the mists, underworld, maybe space? Just something completely out there would be quite nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caid.4932 said:

Beyond that some weird and bizarre environments to explore - the mists, underworld, maybe space? Just something completely out there would be quite nice.

Personally, I would love to see the realms of Dwayna or Lyssa in particular, as we’ve seen the Underworld a few times between GW1 and GW2 (Underworld map in GW1, Hall of Chains raid, and the underworld section of Dragonfall). Same with Balthazar’s realm. I would also be down for more of Melandru’s, though we did get a limited glimpse in Dragonfall.

No telling how much those realms have degraded since the gods left them though. Kormir’s started to fall apart pretty quickly after she left.

Looking at PoF, and LWS4, I do wonder how much more we will get, if at all, of the areas we already visited in Cantha.

PoF introduced the Crystal Desert, Desolation, and Vabbi, and left large parts of each open. yet LWS4 didn't even really attempt to expand on any of those 3 areas. Likewise, both Istan and Kourna had space for multiple more maps, yet also didn't get completely covered in LWS4.

With Anet making comments about expanding maps over time, that means at least IBS style maps like Bjora and Drizzlewood, maybe even LWS2 maps with like Dry Top.

I could see a situation where Cantha only gets like 2 more maps added it to, one covering Drowned Kianeng, and the other being set in the Battle Isles or something, to cover the Risen/Purist plots, and the Deep Sea Mosnter plot.

• Like 1

I would like to explore the underwater threat that pushed so many races out (since we've determined that it's not Soo-Won), but that would imply lots of underwater combat which I am not a huge fan of... 

However, if they add a new mastery and, idk, submarines then that would be cool. 

Edited by KnightofPhoenix.3679
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Personally perhaps a political based one where a mysterious character begins pitting the factions of races against each other with false flag attacks and intrigue. Perhaps even a high profile assassination like Queen Jenna (Mesmer duel between her and her assassin would make a great cutscene). May allow Logan to develop more too if Jenna was assassinated. 

have that mysterious character by lyssa, angry over us killing Balthazar and we chase her to the mists where she flees back to the humans home world.

expac then is the human gods one and ties off the god storyline where perhaps lyssa has turned them all against us and they become strike bosses etc except Kormir (could be that because Kormir stayed behind for longer, she wasn’t “turned”).

Other than that, something other than elder dragons, though I would not mind a rework of each dragon encounter as a strike, incl Zhaitan (reworked). 

also would be nice to see a more complete old Kaineng with perhaps a mount that sticks to walls to explore the nooks and crannies. I dunno, something like a Gecko or Chameleon with an invis special ability would be nice and unique.

Edited by Pyriel.4370
  • Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...

I want to see more of old Kaineng/Drowned Kaineng. The area around Sunjiang District doesn't look particularly flooded. Would be interesting to see some of the old city still in-tact. The Undercity could totally be a fully underwater map at this point.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 1