Please fix disparity of leather availability compared to other base crafting mats.

McWelp.1723

Trading post prices for base mats:

Hardened leather section: 8.9 silver

Orichalcum ore: 2.3 silver

Ancient wood log: 1.6 silver

Other base mats you can just plug out of the ground easily, but leather needs to be farmed with horrible drop rates (or jump trough hoops and farm volatile magic and use shipments where you mostly get lower tier mats).

Please look into it. My leatherworker is frikkin broke!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Because i'm using unlimited gathering tools and they are not worth it. You have minor chance to get hardened leather (which is only that has fubar drop rate at the moment).

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Because i'm using unlimited gathering tools and they are not worth it. You have minor chance to get hardened leather (which is only that has fubar drop rate at the moment).

All  the leather you dont need sell those and buy the ones you need.

• Like 3

I use leatherworker glyphs in my unbreakable tools and they turn every farm into a leather farm. I take a few minutes each day to do a bit of farming - home instance, hidden garden, guild hall, Pagga's, Sandswept Isles. At the end of that I have a lot of leather (and other mats). If it's hardened leather specifically you are complaining about, as the previous post suggests, just sell the stacks you do collect and buy hardened with the proceeds. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Probably better off to do something like farming Shiny Baubles and use the coin from selling those to buy the T6 leather.

That is certainly a lot more efficient. 2.5h will get you enough gold for everything to level leatherworker from 1-500. That is everything not just the leather. Fishing is apparently even better and that doesn't have a weekly rotation.

11 hours ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Turn all your eternal ice in leather and get rich 😎

Actually it looks like leather is overall too cheap these days for that. There is still a profit to be made from VM but considering the karma cost for converting you might actually be losing gold in the form opportunity cost by doing the conversion.

10 hours ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Minor problem being that i dont have any eternal ice (or access to that previously mentioned lake doric leather farm).

Your title indicates that the disparity needs fixing. Anet has already provided viable options to do exactly what you are asking for, both with the leather farm in Lake Doric and the tools/glyphs. So the problem really isn't that Anet needs to further adjust things, it is that you need to expand the content you own, accept the cost of access through the glyph, or both. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

Your title indicates that the disparity needs fixing. Anet has already provided viable options to do exactly what you are asking for, both with the leather farm in Lake Doric and the tools/glyphs. So the problem really isn't that Anet needs to further adjust things, it is that you need to expand the content you own, accept the cost of access through the glyph, or both. 

If it was 'fixed' T6 leather price would be similar to ore/wood so their workarounds very much are not working that well. Other crafters do not need to expand their content for base mats.

Edited by McWelp.1723
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1