Issue: ele getting attention for once, NOT acceptable. Nerf ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solemn.9670

Hello, I represent the Company of Full Celestial Harbingers, Mechanists, Daredevils, Rifle Deadeyes, Face-roll-condi-Mesmers, Permastealth Teef, Infinite CC lockdown Warriors, Immob Druids, Flamethrower & Grenade Scrappers, Unkillable Infinite Lifeforce Core Necros, Pewpew LB2 soulbeast, somehow-unkillable/minstrel-but-does-2837383728-damage-per-second-glass-soulbeasts, Vindicators-In-General, Sword-3-to-win-Heralds, and I have the following message:

You (elementalists) are henceforth NOT ALLOWED to do the same things that we are. You should not be able to do damage. You should die instantly with your baseline negative toughness and healthpoints, in fact, put elementalists core health to 6000 at level 80 and this will balance the game. Remove all elementalist armour, this is needed ASAP.

You see, if an elementalist presses 5 buttons, we only need to press 1. This makes our classes superior. Therefore, nerf elementalist it's too strong and stop giving it attention.

Once upon a time I came across a full minstrel elementalist running water/arcane/earth with durability runes and full defensive utilities and sigils. lET me bE cleAr that thIs iS cleAr evIdenCe thAt elEmenTaliSt is OveRpowEreD.

Are you seriously .... Trying ... To tell me ... That elementalist gets to have more than two viable builds to 1v1 on or play PvP with?

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

Every single ele weapon should be nerfed to the ground. Delete earth shield because I don't know how to just save my offensive CDs for an extra 10 seconds and probably cut through their 0 toughness like a train afterward. That is TOO COMPLEX for me and it's ELEMENTALISTS fault for MAKING ME HAVE TO THINK. 😾😾💦💦 Additionally, I cannot believe..

..cannot believe that you expect me to NOT stand directly in hammer catalysts damage fields/melee range? You mean I'm supposed to kite and range or wait til they've exited fire attunement then burst? TOO DIFFICULT. Much easier to keep complaining like elementalists are OVERPOWERED even though historically it's the most difficult and unrewarding class you could play in every game mode. (edit: I should break character here just to clarify; Catalyst is overperforming yes-overperforming as much as everything else is overperforming, thank god lmao)

You mean to tell me ....that there is a reason eles tend to get a little more respect around here?

HERESY. MECHANIST 11111111 IS JUST AS RESPECTABLE. One time I died to an elementalist. ?!?!?!?!?!? Not acceptable!!!!! Ele needs to be nerfed RIGHT AWAY so that I can feel better about my utter lack of effort in learning counterplay.

Meteor shower, tbh, does too much damage. Right now on average it will hit for 3k after a long cast time that leaves the elementalist vulnerable/defenseless. Honestly, that's too much reward for risk. It should be hitting MAXIMUM 1000 damage. Meanwhile my grenade kit engi can just obliterate people for 14k aoe damage but forget about that ok nerf ele it's too good.

I cannot believe.....cannot believe that you buffed scepter ....... Practically the most under-utilized weapon that was kind of a one trick pony - you mean you want it to be like OTHER classes where it's useful for more than just one build? Honestly, what were you thinking ?!?!?!?!?!?

Please buff my flamethrower 1111111 build..... It's not doing enough damage for the amount of effort I put into playing this game

Sincerely,

Your average guild wars 2 forum poster.

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

mechanist, flamethrower scrapper and warriors are not in the same league as every other build you just mentioned. And warrior was not in the same league as catalyst ever. Most of the builds you listed are overperforming but that does not mean that tempest aura spam (shocking and magnetic aura are far too broken for how often they can be applied) and catalyst in general are not overperforming aswell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you want any credibility as the representative of the afore mentioned company Solemn, you should have stated the ele who "almost" killed you but couldn't be killed was wearing Clerics with Monk runes...

What was that guy's name again? You know the one before Cellofrag?

Been an Ele kitten for far too long ...

2 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

I wanna make real elementalist community for real elementalist players who have played ele +3k hours and haven't opened any elite specs or used off hand focus ever.

I can't tell for sure if this is a joke but I actually like this a lot tbh

Focus offhand players aren't eles

1 hour ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

If you want any credibility as the representative of the afore mentioned company Solemn, you should have stated the ele who "almost" killed you but couldn't be killed was wearing Clerics with Monk runes...

What was that guy's name again? You know the one before Cellofrag?

Been an Ele kitten for far too long ...

I'm genuinely perplexed but it wouldn't be the first time I've been le totally epic exp0sed by some monk rune toting leet gamer.

3 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

mechanist, flamethrower scrapper and warriors are not in the same league as every other build you just mentioned. And warrior was not in the same league as catalyst ever. Most of the builds you listed are overperforming but that does not mean that tempest aura spam (shocking and magnetic aura are far too broken for how often they can be applied) and catalyst in general are not overperforming aswell.

I do feel for warrior mains. Even though Hadi still killing it on warrior so idk what everyone else's excuse is.

The point isn't that Catalyst/Tempest aren't overperforming. I'm just saying that they're only overperforming as much as everything else is overperforming. And to say "nerf ele because it's finally being elevated to the same level of aids as everything else" is silly. And there are people who feel that way. That's all.

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 1

You wanna know something? A bad harbinger is still a good threat in damage output.

A bad mech engi is still a big threat in damage output and mobility.

But a bad elementalist is usually the easiest to kill and they dont do anything ...? actually can we just nerf eLeMeNtaLiStS !?!?!??

(I CROSSED OUT THE WORD ELEMENTALIST BECAUSE I EXPECT THEM TO BE DELETED) 

they're OVERPOWERED, it's not MY PROBLEM TO TRY TO FIGHT THEM ON THEIR LEVEL!!!!!!!!!! 

There is a select few ele mains in the community that just NEVER DIE!!!! They do OVERPOWERED GODLIKE DAMAGE for UTILIZING MORE SKILLS and ROTATIONS than me!!!! Please DESTROY that class!!!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE ANET!!!!

MY GRANDKIDS WATCH ME PLAY GW2 AND I STRUGGLE PLAYING MECH ENGI WITH LIMITED ACCESSIBILITY TO USE MY KEYBOARD. BE FAIR AND BRING THE ELEMENTALIST DOWN TO MY LEVEL!!!!!!!

Now I will go check into the doctors office and get my blood pressure checked out, I am a very heated angry old man and my caretakers DO NOT APPERICIATE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME!!! I CAN DIE FROM THIS STUFF! !! !! 

- Your Family Friendly Grandpa

Ex

Edited by Explanicide.8231
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Explanicide.8231 said:

You wanna know something? A bad harbinger is still a good threat in damage output.

A bad mech engi is still a big threat in damage output and mobility.

But a bad elementalist is usually the easiest to kill and they dont do anything ...? actually can we just nerf eLeMeNtaLiStS !?!?!??

(I CROSSED OUT THE WORD ELEMENTALIST BECAUSE I EXPECT THEM TO BE DELETED) 

they're OVERPOWERED, it's not MY PROBLEM TO TRY TO FIGHT THEM ON THEIR LEVEL!!!!!!!!!! 

There is a select few ele mains in the community that just NEVER DIE!!!! They do OVERPOWERED GODLIKE DAMAGE for UTILIZING MORE SKILLS and ROTATIONS than me!!!! Please DESTROY that class!!!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE ANET!!!!

MY GRANDKIDS WATCH ME PLAY GW2 AND I STRUGGLE PLAYING MECH ENGI WITH LIMITED ACCESSIBILITY TO USE MY KEYBOARD. BE FAIR AND BRING THE ELEMENTALIST DOWN TO MY LEVEL!!!!!!!

Now I will go check into the doctors office and get my blood pressure checked out, I am a very heated angry old man and my caretakers DO NOT APPERICIATE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME!!! I CAN DIE FROM THIS STUFF! !! !! 

- Your Family Friendly Grandpa

Ex

😾Spot on😾!!!!

Do not fret brother, some day we will vanquish all W R O N G - T H I N K

You smelly eles think you can get away with this propaganda......... ...... ...... ....... In fact, I am about to prove you all wrong and play smellementalist for the first time in 10 years .......... To show how easy it is!!!!

Gaze upon the proof that elementalist is OP!!😾💦💦💦

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

😾Spot on😾!!!!

Do not fret brother, some day we will vanquish all W R O N G - T H I N K

You smelly eles think you can get away with this propaganda......... ...... ...... ....... In fact, I am about to prove you all wrong and play smellementalist for the first time in 10 years .......... To show how easy it is!!!!

Gaze upon the proof that elementalist is OP!!😾💦💦💦

tbh if anet is going to nerf any of the builds you showed here i hope thief gets hit first. Most builds simply cannot do anything vs thief. There is no counterplay to instant cast skills, teleports and lots of stealth. Why does the class with the most access to stealth also need the best mobility and absurd burst. Catalyst is absolutely balanced when you compare it to thief. And i'd rather fight any ele any day over thief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1