Please fix warrior

Arky.3072

13 minutes ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

You mean, warrior hands being held now by overbuffed traits? Then you would be right. (And spammable FC has always been an eyesore)
Who said hammer spb is the only problem? Its the entire SPB now

Elaborate as to what is overbuffed.

15 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Yeah I ran Ft with juggernaut and applied force.  You see with applied force you have to keep your might above 10 if I recall... and then you have to apply might after the ten second threshold to get the stability.  So to get that consistently my theory was that running an FT build might help.  The issue is that then I couldn't do any damage that could get through the warrior sustain while keeping FT up for the might and stability.   Umm hard to explain if you don't play engi.

Consistently keeping your might stacks above 10 to continually proc stability isn't the focus of that trait. It is to apply stability to enable melee in situations where your hammer block is on cooldown, hammer lightning field is on cooldown, and you might trade damage with something that can stun you. 

@shion.2084you can edit your posts instead of posting in segments. It's easier~ 

unless they have only enable editing after a certain threshold, if so apologies~

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Consistently keeping your might stacks above 10 to continually proc stability isn't the focus of that trait. It is to apply stability to enable melee in situations where your hammer block is on cooldown, hammer lightning field is on cooldown, and you might trade damage with something that can stun you. 

@shion.2084you can edit your posts instead of posting in segments. It's easier~ 

unless they have only enable editing after a certain threshold, if so apologies~

Right I was trying to get the stability out of it I would need to deal with the CC I'd be facing.  Generally I use my might at the time I'm doing my offence.  That's normally when I'm using both my block (because I'm standing near them which is during my offensive time) and when I have hit them with thunderclap.  Because thunderclap causes vulnerability and stun.  So it's then that I blow my might burst.   The problem is when it comes time to defend I don't have spare might sources to say... oh I guess I should use up my might now when I'm on CD to get the stability.

So my theory was what if I could kind of passively proc the stability through the Juggernaut trait...  I also played with using rune of courage for instance.

54 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I think the issue lies in the sheer amount of CC that exists from all sources.  And for engi at least to take a reliable and consistent source of stability, means you aren't going to be effective given the tradeoffs.

So I think the answer is to reduce access to CC spam in general.   IN a cumulative group it should be possible to CC lock someone, but not from a single source in a v1.  IN that case CC should allow a shot in, interrupt a critical skill... but generally not chain you into uselessness.

A part of that supposed CC spam is that warrior's main damage skills are very telegraphed and this easy to avoid on their own, so CC is needed to land the damage. But many of those CCs are also highly telegraphed. If the CCs had some of their damage back there would be less reliance overall on multiple CCs since the CC -> damage skill setup would have more reliable damage. It's either that or buff the damage skills to do more, but that would lead to noobs QQing about said skills that are highly telegraphed having high damage.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

A part of that supposed CC spam is that warrior's main damage skills are very telegraphed and this easy to avoid on their own, so CC is needed to land the damage. But many of those CCs are also highly telegraphed. If the CCs had some of their damage back there would be less reliance overall on multiple CCs since the CC -> damage skill setup would have more reliable damage. It's either that or buff the damage skills to do more, but that would lead to noobs QQing about said skills that are highly telegraphed having high damage.

Damage has never been the problem. The problem is FC which even when not procced is 2s block every 10s, and mending being the strongest healing skill in the game. War can have as much damage as they want (and as a matter of fact, they do), the problem is that these defensives are way too strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Damage has never been the problem. The problem is FC which even when not procced is 2s block every 10s, and mending being the strongest healing skill in the game. War can have as much damage as they want (and as a matter of fact, they do), the problem is that these defensives are way too strong.

You are wasting your time buddy (and so am I)

Edited by Hederrain.9207
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Blade - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)
Thats odd... I see a multitude of ways to gain blades without having to block while engaged in melee range....

Perhaps you should tweak your build a little for fighting against Spellbreakers?  Otherwise, it would be like me complaining about fear lock from a Terrormancer when I bring stunbreaks that all give stability and then coming to the forums and saying Necro needs to be fixed😕 (Spoiler, they don't).

Slight snark aside, what @CalmTheStorm.2364 said is true. If you get into a balanced match up, it's going to come down to who didn't dodge at the critical moment, or who misplayed their opening. In Virts case, they're still a mesmer and can still spike from out of stealth and/or blink away if they screw it up, or spam distortion with signets. 

posting a wiki link and calling it a day just aint gonna cut it , i cant slot 6 traitlines, have all weapons equipped at the same time, and all utilities at once

this is a realistic summary of ways a condi virtuoso have to stock blades (without the trait that gives us blades on blocking)

scepter auto attack stock 1 blade for a full rotation (The whole sequence takes 2.95 sec at max range and 2.55 sec at melee.)

scepter 2 block stocks 1 blade 

torch 5 stocks 1 blade after phantasm despawns

staff 2  stocks 1 blade

staff 3 stocks 1 blade after phantasm despawn

u can take blade renewal for 5 blade stocking if u want

i need 5 blades to make my shatters even remotely useful for damage, how am i gonna do any damage if im on a 30 sec rotation to get 5 blades?

there is a reason every virtu u fight uses the same grandmaster trait, because the other ones just aint good enough in pvp. so yea, we NEED to be in melee range and block attacks to get ANY worthwhile resources to fight ppl. fighting from range just aint gonna cut it unless we are fighting ppl that can hit us from range. period ...

its like asking a warrior to generate adrenalin from range with melee weapons, sure they can do it, but its not rly efficient. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

So where was war a few months ago, since spb still had FC and mending and enough dmg? How was it not meta? And its meta now (I guess?), after the hammer, defense and banner reworks?

Or what, FC and mending were really good and your kit had all the dmg... but somehow that still didn't cut it...?

Also weird how mh dagger got dmg buffs twice now (3 times if you count the pointless no boons dmg buff). I thought war had enough dmg? Why are they giving it more.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So where was war a few months ago, since spb still had FC and mending and enough dmg? How was it not meta? And its meta now (I guess?), after the hammer and banner reworks?

Or what, FC and mending were really good and your kit had all the dmg... but somehow that still didn't cut it...?

Also weird how mh dagger got dmg buffs twice now (3 times if you count the pointless no boons dmg buff). I thought war had enough dmg? Why are they giving it more.

They couldnt blast through EoD powercreep like most of specs?

EoD specs got nerfed a lot since then?

These buffs were aiming to make it yet another braindead meta class (successfully, mainly spellbreaker, other specs still sucks). 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

They couldnt blast through EoD powercreep like most of specs?

EoD specs got nerfed a lot since then?

These buffs were aiming to make it yet another braindead meta class (successfully, mainly spellbreaker, other specs still sucks). 

Spb was not meta even before eod drop. It could barely hold its own in p2 games, unless the player was really talented.

No idea what I'm reading here, somehow spb was this amazing spec that almost no1 played.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So where was war a few months ago

Contesting with the clown fiesta which was EoD at release, you're not the smartest chick of the brood but I'm sure you noticed the onslaught of harbingers into willbenders into vindicators into bladesworns into specters into vindicator (again) into catalyst into vindicator (again). Before that, daredevil was a thing, invalidating half of the meta (and it wasn't much of a dueling meta anyway tbh, spellbreaker was strong in a sidenode nobody really wanted to contest)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Spb was not meta even before eod drop. It could barely hold its own in p2 games, unless the player was really talented.

No idea what I'm reading here, somehow spb was this amazing spec that almost no1 played.

Barely hold p2? From my memory Demolish was top1 with over 1800 rank points at some point before EOD dropped (way before with gigaton amount of games played, not just 20-30 at the start of a sesaon, but closer to its end), then the guy was the god himself in the flesh /s

I mean, I believe you, people on this forum barely scratch p2 and think only talented players make this far, no, you dont have to have a godsent talent to reach p2

Edited by Hederrain.9207
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hederrain.9207 said:

Barely hold p2? From my memory Demolish was top1 with over 1800 rank points at some point before EOD dropped (way before), then the guy was the god himself in the flesh /s

I mean, I believe you, people on this forum barely scratch p2 and think only talented players make this far, no, you dont have to have a godsent talent to reach p2

Yeah, Demolish on Duty is really kittening scary to face on a point

• Haha 2

I think the misunderstanding is people see other players be good with warrior and assume warrior = good rather than the good player most likely having over 1000 hours as warrior because that's the class they love, so they are able to fully maximize it.

While certainly, there are players who are absolute BEASTS on warriors, it does not mean warrior is necessarily a strong class in pvp, I wouldn't even put it in the top 3. It's definitely not the weakest either, if anything I'd say middle of the pack when factoring in all classes.

There are inherent mechanical disadvantages to warrior that the actual Meta classes can and do exploit and abuse.

Also there are several Meta's. There's 5v5 organized team tournament metas, there's solo queue meta, there's duo queue meta.  2v2/3v3 meta. WvW meta. This is all "PvP"

Classes can be good in one meta while being poor in the others.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

Defense traitline? Do you even play the game/read notes? And recent buffs to spb, mmmm? 

I'm sorry 2 seconds of resistance on dodge and 3 seconds of stability when you disable an enemy was the breaking point for you. 

If a couple seconds of blind ignore and a reward for landing cc was all it took for warriors to be labeled as having their hand held, then the classes bullying them up to this point must have been getting piggyback rides. 

Be defeated mad about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm sorry 2 seconds of resistance on dodge and 3 seconds of stability when you disable an enemy was the breaking point for you. 

If a couple seconds of blind ignore and a reward for landing cc was all it took for warriors to be labeled as having their hand held, then the classes bullying them up to this point must have been getting piggyback rides. 

Be defeated mad about it.

I would pay to see some people's reaction to back when re-worked Arc Divider was just released and could slay 5+ players at once. 😆

6 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I would pay to see some people's reaction to back when re-worked Arc Divider was just released and could slay 5+ players at once. 😆

@bethekey.8314 was the FIRST person to the forums on this. I remember that specifically. 

Granted nuking people was not what the game needed, and still isn't.

It's still really funny though, because very few came to bat for war when Arc divider got nerfed, and a couple of people argued that, in fact, warrior should underperform because someone has to. 

This time I'm wiser. 

• Haha 1