untamed is busted

Eddie.9143

the games mechanics are busted. you shouldn't be able to port to someone if you can't see them (los) or port to them if you're invisible and attacking them (if you do you're revealed). ofc anet would finally have to take the fact that their maps have horrible terrain pathing for ports and projectiles seriously rather than some token forum thread.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

There is a ranger build that has a ridiculous amount of immob, that I can't possibly cleanse and basically means death for squishy builds with no teleport.  That one's annoying... but I'm not sure that one is untamed. 

I think the most famous version is druid, you cycle immob from mud terrain, entangle (elite), jacaranda i dont know what else

22 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I think the most famous version is druid, you cycle immob from mud terrain, entangle (elite), jacaranda i dont know what else

That’s how bunker druid worked years ago before anet decided to kill ranger completely. The current version is ancient seeds and stunlock

untamed is a good dps. It is currently the number one ranger build and it’s meta for its damage, but it’s aweful in 1v1s and will die to any condi pressure whatsoever.

I would just nerf the damage on untamed if you nerf it at all. It would lose the 1v1 to builds like sic em ranger if they just reduced the damage a tiny bit.

my solution will balance untamed and allow room for other ranger specs to be played 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

How that actualy makes room for other ranger specs, rather than other professions?

Sic em soulbeast and several condi builds are actually quite awesome rn.

soulbeast has more sustain and as such is a better 1v1er as well as it counters most roamers. However it still loses an equal skill match up to untamed, only because the damage is a bit over tuned.

and trust me I have thought about this deeply. Nerfing untamed damage will indeed help bring out other ranger classes, but that doesn’t mean I recommend it. 

Ranger imo is an under loved class even now, so I don’t recommend any nerf and if there is one just do it to untamed dmg

• 3 weeks later...

You can't nerf damage on Untamed without nerfing damage on Ranger as a whole. It's damage is coming from marks mods.

Realistically the problem isn't the damage, it's the ease of application of that damage which is instant and sudden due to the teleport.

The only nerf Untamed needs is to remove the 50% ICD reduction on the teleport skills. When its normal ICD of 40s is always recycling in 20s, it lines up too well with the CDs of Maul/Tail Swipe/Pet Swap. Untamed does not need to be landing a sudden kill burst once per 20s. This is what the problem is. Just remove the 50% ICD reduction.

Furthermore, the skill Nature's Binding needs to be nerfed. In certain 1v1 styled situations, it is way way too hard of counter vs certain builds to the point that they automatically lose if the Untamed is running Nature's Binding. It needs the binding radius increased so players can move inside of it or use dodge/evasion skills without hitting the walls. It should be as big as Ring Of Warding or Spectral Ring, to present counter play options while being trapped for builds that have little to no stability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You can't nerf damage on Untamed without nerfing damage on Ranger as a whole. It's damage is coming from marks mods.

Realistically the problem isn't the damage, it's the ease of application of that damage which is instant and sudden due to the teleport.

The only nerf Untamed needs is to remove the 50% ICD reduction on the teleport skills. When its normal ICD of 40s is always recycling in 20s, it lines up too well with the CDs of Maul/Tail Swipe/Pet Swap. Untamed does not need to be landing a sudden kill burst once per 20s. This is what the problem is. Just remove the 50% ICD reduction.

Furthermore, the skill Nature's Binding needs to be nerfed. In certain 1v1 styled situations, it is way way too hard of counter vs certain builds to the point that they automatically lose if the Untamed is running Nature's Binding. It needs the binding radius increased so players can move inside of it or use dodge/evasion skills without hitting the walls. It should be as big as Ring Of Warding or Spectral Ring, to present counter play options while being trapped for builds that have little to no stability.

You can simply add cast time with animation to Unnatural Traversal preventing yolo teleport spikes middle Maul casting animation. Tbh this logic should be applied to all instant teleports in game, unless they are defensive stunbreaks.

Obviously such move would require somekind of "compensation", but it would make game much more healthy and interactive.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

You can simply add cast time with animation to Unnatural Traversal preventing yolo teleport spikes middle Maul casting animation. Tbh this logic should be applied to all instant teleports in game, unless they are defensive stunbreaks.

Obviously such move would require somekind of "compensation", but it would make game much more healthy and interactive.

W/e route is taken, it doesn't need compensation. Its kill burst is way too strong for how sudden it is. Honestly Untamed is entirely carried by this one single gimmick. If it weren't for this one gimmick, Power Soulbeast & Condi Druid would easily be better choices.

Without that gimmick, Untamed is just a Core Ranger with a bubble, that has bad condi cleanse.