spellbreaker op

Eddie.9143

@Sahne.6950 well was playibg this build (without defence Banner and New defence line) back then just for fun. Even then it was pretty strong cause of how for Real hard conditions could hit. But it was not this strong cause of no weakness on burstskills and no defence Banner. Tho pretty sure anet will nerf the weakness traitline. Would be stupid if they don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

if you think you can beat it.... Good for you...

People in MAT couldnt beat it.

You mean people in MAT weren't prepared to face said build. So you asume they can't adapt in future?

It always surprised me how people see balance in GW2 as "my build lost to X, so nerf X", when people in GW1 after losing to build X often invented new build to counter it. We technicaly got 36 classes (counting each specialization and core) in our small pool of possibilites.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Yeah, tons of cc spam to both disrupt enemies and lock them down so everyone can easily hit them doesn't count as utility at all.

Necro was always considered selfish class with low utility despite Fear chains and boon corruption. I'd like to keep consistency.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Necro was always considered selfish class with low utility despite Fear chains and boon corruption. I'd like to keep consistency.

Selfish only if you only look at sharing boons/healing. Realistically necro has never been considered low utility, which is why it has always been a teamfight class and almost never a duelist or roamer.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Morwath.9817 tho a thief plus one would be a good answer against this tanky build.

This is correct. I've fought a few people playing the condibunker build and was able to win it (granted, after several minutes).

I wouldn't do that 1v1 on thief in conquest, but if I dropped in on an existing fight? no problem. 

2 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

For reference I'm talking about power with greatsword dagger. 

Pay attention to this, he's talking about the non condibunker build. 

5 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Um, they did.  Floody (holo) wrecked Goku (condibreaker) consistently throughout their match in the swiss rounds.

Also pay attention to this. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Question for you. How damaging to your build would it be to swap Vicious Expression for Power Block? 

I do not play domination at all. I think domination on chronomancer is a mistake; one you can get away with, if you're good enough, but it's a mistake.

Reasoning: you're playing chronomancer for continuum split. Thus your second traitline must be illusions, or the cd on the only reason why you're playing chronomancer falls into the nonsensical side of things.

Then you have no cleanse. Your third traitline thus must be either chaos (with auspicious anguish) or inspiration. Anything other than that is, in my honest opinion, just a way to dip into some nullpercent more damage you do not care about because you're dead anyway.

May I slot Power Block? I'd love to, but I'd lose way too much utility, and I'd get shut down the moment someone with stability shows up anyway. Power block is not a be-all-end-all, it's a very specialized tool; you don't just plug and play the trait, you have to design your entire build and rotations around that, just like portal and what not.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If people bother to look at the Guild Jen page on the Defense Condi Breaker it literally says:

"While it struggles to finish kills." 

Same applied to decap scrapper back then, it didn't kill anyone. It just didn't die and was knocking people away regularly. That build still got nuked.

A build does not need to kill stuff to be considered problematic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Same applied to decap scrapper back then, it didn't kill anyone. It just didn't die and was knocking people away regularly. That build still got nuked.

And I'm of the opinion that decap scrapper didn't need to be nerfed. Being annoying should not be a reason for being nerfed. What it is a justification for is tweaking other builds up to counter it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Then when are we going to get rid of Mesmers? All those clones and its general elusiveness are problematic for many people.

When are we going to get rid of Thieves? All that Stealth and shadow-stepping is problematic for many people.

When are we going to get rid of Rangers? All that ranged damage and Immobilize is problematic for many people.

When are we going to get rid of Necromancer and Elementalist? All that AoE vomit all over the floors is problematic for many people.

All of these are far worse and significantly more annoying to play against than Spellbreaker is, especially if Arenanet finally fixes the bugged CD reduction on Full Counter.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3