• BBC carrying Anet boon blob
    • A guild called ViP blob
    • Random pug fites best fites
    • Any boon balls cause I kray kray
    • No boon balls cause wvw is suppose to be fun
    • None of the above I just need the gift
    • Elite Underwater Fight Guild
    • Organized 15-24 people cause kamikharzeeh is a nitpicker

Some of these aren't mutually exclusive. I like pug fights because of the chaotic nature.  I also like when we get up against more organized commanders because it opens up an entire different set of tactics.  Playing vs Miko/Cormac/Volty/Wesker is an entirely different level of fun than randoms, but they can both still be quite fun and I don't particularly prefer one over the other.

Where's the option for facing off against another havoc-sized guild? Our guild typically runs anywhere from 6-25...half the guilds you listed above run from us if the numbers are even.  Gotta say it's always good for a laugh though when a guild outnumbers you 2:1 or 3:1 and proceeds to chase you across three quarters of the map because they're desperate for kills.

10 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Where's the option for facing off against another havoc-sized guild? Our guild typically runs anywhere from 6-25...half the guilds you listed above run from us if the numbers are even.  Gotta say it's always good for a laugh though when a guild outnumbers you 2:1 or 3:1 and proceeds to chase you across three quarters of the map because they're desperate for kills.

I added the 15-25 option.

I had originally intended this poll to be a joke about specific boon balls blobs, so that's why I didn't add all the group sizes.

But it's obvious now most players prefer anything but the boon balls, even the mag cloud as much as people complain about them. 🤭

edit: pretty sure 4 of indo's spy bots voted for that option. 🤭

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I added the 15-25 option.

I had originally intended this poll to be a joke about specific boon balls blobs, so that's why I didn't add all the group sizes.

But it's obvious now most players prefer anything but the boon balls, even the mag cloud as much as people complain about them. 🤭

Bah too late for me. I voted for "No boon balls cause wvw is supposed to be fun".  Sadly as a havoc-sized guild we don't get to face off against most of the guilds listed (and even sadder can't really trust most of our own players to fight alongside us if we do try to face them). 

EDIT: Although I will concede on the rare occasion the Indo-blob is about the same size as us, it's kinda fun to focus Indo hard and once he dies watch the rest of his guild just disintegrate.

Edited by Ronin.4501

2 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Bah too late for me. I voted for "No boon balls cause wvw is supposed to be fun".  Sadly as a havoc-sized guild we don't get to face off against most of the guilds listed (and even sadder can't really trust most of our own players to fight alongside us if we do try to face them). 

I mean that pretty much was the option to cover everything else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I admit, one of reasons I like the linked servers is because we have had a chance to play with others from other servers. Its allowed us to see them less as us versus them and more as players to players. To play together and laugh together has added more to the game mode. Lots of good peeps on all sides, we may not agree on what you need to do what, nor how to do it, but still fun to see how you can mix tactics to achieve a goal. Its good to be able to wave to larger groups and see them wave back. So +1 Anet from  havoc/roamers to those that run Warband/Zerg groups. Keep mixing us. 

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

ah yes, the classy underwater elite fight guilds.

btw did OP really just call 15-20 sized groups a "zerg"? i mean at 25 it starts to have some kinda size, but 15-20 is tiny, considering the map caps are 74~ players (or sth around that)

jfc you guys getting picky over a joke poll that was intended to be about boon ball groups. I'm not going to list every single defined group sizing, I'm asking what players prefer to face in the given options, not what their absolute favorite group size is to fight.

Pick an option or gtfo.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I admit, one of reasons I like the linked servers is because we have had a chance to play with others from other servers. Its allowed us to see them less as us versus them and more as players to players. To play together and laugh together has added more to the game mode. Lots of good peeps on all sides, we may not agree on what you need to do what, nor how to do it, but still fun to see how you can mix tactics to achieve a goal. Its good to be able to wave to larger groups and see them wave back. So +1 Anet from  havoc/roamers to those that run Warband/Zerg groups. Keep mixing us. 

I agree with you that I do enjoy the links for the most part, although my server is currently linked with SoS, which means our two servers are pretty much playing at opposite times so there's almost no interaction between the two.

But then again lately it's starting to feel like the links don't really matter as much as more and more vet players are leaving and being replaced by pve players whining about how much they hate WvW and are just there to get their legendary armor. Not exactly the kind of player I want to fight alongside.