Do an Under Water Living World or Expansion

Mell.4873

We need a rework of all the underwater mechanics. Every skill should have underwater version and requirements for a class should be extended to the underwater skills. 

For example the Mechanist should have Mech and Mirage Trident Ambush should include group Alacrity. 

The could all be bundled into a nice content package of some kind. I know there are some deep sea mysteries so that could be explored. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

You must be trolling right?

The number of people that feared EOD being mostly underwater content was quite high and the leviathan event in Seitung Harbor isn't that popular.

In addition asking for every skill to have an underwater version is a monumental task for Arenanet as quite a few skills do not function underwater currently.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The number of people that feared EOD being mostly underwater content was quite high and the leviathan event in Seitung Harbor isn't that popular.

In addition asking for every skill to have an underwater version is a monumental task for Arenanet as quite a few skills do not function underwater currently.

No? 

Currently it has potential but just needs to be fleshed out a little. That or we just remove underwater combat. 

I hate not being able to provide Alacrity underwater as a Mesmer. The whole trait goes to waste on Chronomancer. I'm sure the Mechanist would love there class mechanic the Mech to be in the water. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

No? 

Currently it has potential but just needs to be fleshed out a little. That or we just remove underwater combat. 

I hat not being able to provide Alacrity underwater as a Mesmer. The whole trait goes to waste on Chronomancer. 

I find it funny you take issue with chrono underwater when it works fine if you play StM. Alacrity mirage doesn't work underwater because alacrity was never given to trident.

I'm not sure what potential you see in underwater content. It's most likely any raid introduced with a Cantha theme is based in Urgoz , the Deep (was crystallized jade), or Domain of Anguish and people in 5 man content (i.e. fractals) actively avoid aquatic already.

Instead of all or nothing ideas ("we just remove underwater combat") which also affect WvW too you should really think through your idea before posting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I find it funny you take issue with chrono underwater when it works fine if you play StM. Alacrity mirage doesn't work underwater because alacrity was never given to trident.

I'm not sure what potential you see in underwater content. It's most likely any raid introduced with a Cantha theme is based in Urgoz , the Deep (was crystallized jade), or Domain of Anguish and people in 5 man content (i.e. fractals) actively avoid aquatic already.

Instead of all or nothing ideas ("we just remove underwater combat") which also affect WvW too you should really think through your idea before posting.

They could just give everyone an underwater pet like the turtle. Then all the content could conform to that. WvW could just have some separate ability system based on armor type.

Really anything is better than what we have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

As much as I'd love significantly more underwater content, too big of a chunk despises playing on three axes.

Arenanet mostly doesn't even bother to create underwater skins anymore and chooses to leave most sets incomplete instead.

There is simply not enough incentive to indulge in our drenched content wishes.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 7:37 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

People farm Levi all day long, they just stay in one group and hop maps.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

People farm Levi all day long, they just stay in one group and hop maps.

Yep, you'll find a LFG squad listed under Seitung almost 24/7.

Underwater? The most hated Fractal Instance is the Aquatic Ruins. The only dedicated underwater Instance.

It's a very easy Fractal though but hard if players do not swim together especially on the luminous plant path. Easy run to sub-champ if travel slowly in group and kill all jellyfishes.

Edited by Silent.6137

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yep, you'll find a LFG squad listed under Seitung almost 24/7.

Underwater? The most hated Fractal Instance is the Aquatic Ruins. The only dedicated underwater Imstance.

It's a very easy Fractal though but hard if players do not swim together especially on the luminous plant path. Easy run to sub-champ if travel slowly in group and kill all jellyfishes.

I never hated it. I'd rather do that than Sunqua Peak anyday. I do dislike how they changed the boss at the end though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm pretty sure Sunqua Peak receives more negative sentiment than Aquatic Ruins.

I doubt that. I do Fractals practically daily and the only complain with Sunqua is when it appears with T4 and Rec on same day. Or paired with Shattered Observatory because of the lengths. Aquatic Ruins, almost guaranteed to see a negative reaction.

Edited by Silent.6137

6 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

I doubt that. I do Fractals practically daily and the only complain with Sunqua is when it appears with T4 and Rec on same day. Or paired with Shattered Observatory because of the lengths. Aquatic Ruins, almost guaranteed to see a negative reaction.

Yeah, I leave when it is Aquatic Ruins. I dont have time to play the Jelly fish rhythm game, worst boss mechanic in the game. 

If they do a underwater expansion, they will have to rewiew and finally fix underwater interraction/skill/classes

that can only be an improovement on what we got.

So,do it, i beg you to fix this part of the gameplay Anet.

(also, i pray for the poor team who will unspagetify this part of extremely outdated code)

• Like 1