Restore the Air/Fire Lord

Bristingr.5034

Sorry Anet, but the changes you've done to the Air and Fire Keep Lords have not been great. The lords are a joke now. Just pop a stab and you're invincible to them.

They at least used to be a little bit of a challenge prior to the change and they made it for unique fights due to their abilities, but now they're just extra rally fluff during a major fight.

Please change the Air and Fire Lord NPCs back to their original state.

• Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

These lords weren't that tough to start with. Instead the Earth/Stoic lord should have been adjusted to account for the fact that Earth/Stoic can be double breached from the same spots. On top of that ABL should be adjusted as well to account for the double breach potential on all the keeps. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 3

My guy, have you ever done top DPS on a glass spec vs that lord in a subparty with only one guardian? Enjoy 8 seconds of peace followed by the fire lord targeting and cc'ing ONLY YOU, no one else, for the next 20 seconds until it's dead. As a staff ele it was especially a horrendous affair due to low healthpool/armour lol

And good luck soloing that lord. You can solo the alpine bl hills lord with a little bit of luck but pre-patch the fire keep lord was impossible to solo. Air keep lord was a bit better but now it's less annoying.

Good changes imo lol

Not like it matters to any boonblob that will smash through them anyway

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

On 12/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, solemn.9670 said:

My guy, have you ever done top DPS on a glass spec vs that lord in a subparty with only one guardian? Enjoy 8 seconds of peace followed by the fire lord targeting and cc'ing ONLY YOU, no one else, for the next 20 seconds until it's dead. As a staff ele it was especially a horrendous affair due to low healthpool/armour lol

And good luck soloing that lord. You can solo the alpine bl hills lord with a little bit of luck but pre-patch the fire keep lord was impossible to solo. Air keep lord was a bit better but now it's less annoying.

Good changes imo lol

It took a few tries, but I eventually learned how to solo Lord Tirzah.  If I had a partner, it was child's play.

I imagine it'd be harder on a staff ele but...that's honestly fine.  If you're in a squad with organized parties then I really have no sympathy for your issues with an NPC that will be murdered in under a minute.  You may personally be pressured, but your group on the whole still kills the lord without meaningful resistance.  Removing that pressure wasn't worth neutering the lord's performance elsewhere.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sviel.7493 said:

It took a few tries, but I eventually learned how to solo Lord Tirzah.  If I had a partner, it was child's play.

I imagine it'd be harder on a staff ele but...that's honestly fine.  If you're in a squad with organized parties then I really have no sympathy for your issues with an NPC that will be murdered in under a minute.  You may personally be pressured, but your group on the whole still kills the lord without meaningful resistance.  Removing that pressure wasn't worth neutering the lord's performance elsewhere.

Ok sure but the lord is going down either way so I just don't see why it's fine to effectively bully a player for doing what they're supposed to. In what other area of the game does this happen? None not even in raids because it's bad game design. In raids you have to do something wrong to be punished, vs that lord you just have to do damage and you're CC'd repeatedly without enough time to even evade the next after you've used all stunbreaks, getting kittening launched into the lava mercilessly for trying to help your group. XD nowhere else in this game is that found

• Confused 2

On 12/28/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bristingr.5034 said:

Sorry Anet, but the changes you've done to the Air and Fire Keep Lords have not been great. The lords are a joke now. Just pop a stab and you're invincible to them.

They at least used to be a little bit of a challenge prior to the change and they made it for unique fights due to their abilities, but now they're just extra rally fluff during a major fight.

Red map is already unpopular, not that I do not like it, it also doesn't have a second yak delivery from Dustwhisper Well camp. Stop making weird suggestion to make more players dislike it.

All the Keep Lord/ Tower Supervisors should be at same difficulty  level on all maps. except SMC. This is a competitive environment, not PvE.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

3 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Or better yet, just delete that borderland and replace it with another Alpine borderland. 

I mean, I appreciate the devs making a new borderland, but that one is just painfully over-designed and overly vertical.

Ah, no. Sorry not sure what you see but usually seeing EBG queue first and the DBL. Your mileage will vary. So replace some more ABLs and then we can talk.

• Confused 1

On 12/28/2022 at 1:26 PM, solemn.9670 said:

Good changes imo lol

Wait, subparty and Guardian? You were using stab against them? Skip the my guy bits how many were you using to target these lords, 2-5 no stab was only needed. And yes am usually the focus, but that made it easier to aim them away from the havoc.

2 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Maybe just maybe the primary difficulty of taking a keep shloud come from enemy players defending instead of npc's.

The more I see statements like this the more this had to have been an issue in scaling and zerg on zerg fights. I can understand the point a bit more from that perspective. People should actually fight the other players before trying to fight on the lord. If this was the issue than didn't that actually make the defenders the more important part of the defense already? The lord versus a zerg alone and the lord would be dead. So the only thing that was the primary difficulty was the opposing players, yes? They were the more important part.

So now lets spin the direction that some of us are referring to and take a look at this from the havoc group size. If the attacking havoc makes it to the lord before any defenders and the defenders closet point to get to the keep was via spawn, doesn't this make the players the least important part of the defense if they can't get there before the lord is killed by the havoc? So if the defenders don't even get to the fight before its over how does that make them the more important part when they didn't even partake in it?

As a havoc players sure it makes it much easier to take these, so shouldn't complain. The defender side of me those just sees this as another reduction in Time To Take and gives people less reason to defend unless they were already in the keep. If they were mid way across the map they probably aren't going to arrive till things are already over so just recap it later and keep on task. 

19 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ah, no. Sorry not sure what you see but usually seeing EBG queue first and the DBL. Your mileage will vary. So replace some more ABLs and then we can talk.

What does EBG have to do with anything?  EBG is fine.  My point is that Arid BL is inferior to Alpine.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The defender side of me those just sees this as another reduction in Time To Take and gives people less reason to defend unless they were already in the keep.

The time to take is unchanged when there are no defenders.  The hit point total was not altered.  Pre-patch I could solo both the air and fire keep lord without being hit from a single attack.

For the fire keep lord, circle around it where the second strike of the Cascading Attack hits and it will miss every time.  Save dodges for the AOE fear.

For the air keep lord, stay at long range and it will never use a single skill.  Have it chase you in circles around the lord's room and just DPS it down.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:41 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Wait, subparty and Guardian? You were using stab against them? Skip the my guy bits how many were you using to target these lords, 2-5 no stab was only needed. And yes am usually the focus, but that made it easier to aim them away from the havoc.

? I am an elementalist

On 12/28/2022 at 12:22 AM, Bristingr.5034 said:

100% agree. Although the keeps are different shapes (which is good), the Lords really used make the experience at each objective unique and interesting. Now it's just a boring, unstoppable karmatrain.

• Sad 1