ELE NEEDS BUFFS

Hellz.3058

This class had been underperforming for years now and then they go ahead and nerf our earth shield, which was one of the few mitigations we have

I think I speak for all PvP players when I say Elementalist is the hardest class to play and most difficult to do well in game. As such, players should be rewarded for playing well. 

I have thought about a couple of changes that could help progress this sad game state and add some flavor to this meta

1. Increase stability from Staunch Auras from 2 1/4s to 5s

2. Increase Evasive Empowerment trait from 2% to 5%

3. Increase Hardened Auras from 2% to 5%

3. Increase the energy gain of Energized Elements from 3 to 5

4. Change Elemental Empowerment from 1% to 2%

Edited by Hellz.3058
  • Like 6
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Hellz.3058 said:

This class had been underperforming for years now and then they go ahead and nerf our earth shield, which was one of the few mitigations we have

I think I speak for all PvP players when I say Elementalist is the hardest class to play and most difficult to do well in game. As such, players should be rewarded for playing well. 

I have thought about a couple of changes that could help progress this sad game state and add some flavor to this meta

Obviously just trolling for fun.  Ele literally had multiple meta candidate classes.  Tempest cata and weaver are all top tier at the moment, I’ve never seen a time when a single class had so many top shelf options

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Obviously just trolling for fun.  Ele literally had multiple meta candidate classes.  Tempest cata and weaver are all top tier at the moment, I’ve never seen a time when a single class had so many top shelf options

Guardian, but trolling aside. Ele is in a pretty good spot indeed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

ele need a nerf not a buff.. . its actually op right now especially the new elite..  with spaming none stop reflect projectiles and being tanky af..    tempest is also op af with auras..    the reason why there are not 99999999 complains about ele being too op is simply because people are more concerned about spell breaker and chrono right now 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Don't you just hate it when you play catalyst and earth shield is your only way of mitigating damage.... dude.

Ele got buffed so much over the last few months even core ele is playable now.

Core ele can take you to gold maybe. Unless you're talking about a build I'm not aware of, been awhile since I played pvp regularly. 

Idk why OP is complaining about an ES nerf when it effectively changed nothing/very little. Are you actually going to use the invul twice in 60s? Likely not.

It kind of infuriates me that hammer catalyst is so good because it gives bad players an excuse to think ele is somehow OP when they themselves could not play it to save their lives

Yes fire/arcane hammer cata and fire/arcane sword weaver are annoying and don't require nearly as much skill as any other ele spec. 

Funny that despite that, most of the whiners can't even play it competently

• Confused 1

Dragon's tooth needs huge nerfs - first of all make it a ground aoe not targeted followed aoe, this can be abused to the limits even cast and hit out of LoS.

Secondly nerf some of the damage abilities and if not atleast nerf some of the cc's from power cata and SCEPTER especially, it is literally the most broken stuff i've seen in a while on elementalist.

There is absolute no reason to play any other than scepter cata as any other ele spec will be outplayed by it due to its massive cc + damage combo's

playing Weaver sword dagger every season even its off meta and not as valueable i still reach plat on it but what a struggle to even play it, u have to play ur brain out just to have decently same output as a cata with scepter, now i could just swap myself to cata scepter but i think personally it just needs nerfs and i do not wanna play something as broken as that,

if Anything needs a buff on ele it is sword in general, its probably the most outdated stuff also because so much rely on precision, by precision i mean actually being in range and facing target + slow anims and not the actual stat.

Right now there is nothing but scepter cata's and if any else there is scepter weavers, i think its quite funny the meta swapped from sword focus to scepters only it to me shows for a good reason that it is too overtuned otherwise i doubt there would be so many currently outta nowhere swapping the meta to play it. I dont mind meta swaps or new meta's but i rather have a better overall balance than 1 specific gear / set being better than the rest .

Edited by Xaint.7461
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Xaint.7461 said:

Dragon's tooth needs huge nerfs - first of all make it a ground aoe not targeted followed aoe, this can be abused to the limits even cast and hit out of LoS.

Secondly nerf some of the damage abilities and if not atleast nerf some of the cc's from power cata and SCEPTER especially, it is literally the most broken stuff i've seen in a while on elementalist.

There is absolute no reason to play any other than scepter cata as any other ele spec will be outplayed by it due to its massive cc + damage combo's

playing Weaver sword dagger every season even its off meta and not as valueable i still reach plat on it but what a struggle to even play it, u have to play ur brain out just to have decently same output as a cata with scepter, now i could just swap myself to cata scepter but i think personally it just needs nerfs and i do not wanna play something as broken as that,

if Anything needs a buff on ele it is sword in general, its probably the most outdated stuff also because so much rely on precision, by precision i mean actually being in range and facing target + slow anims and not the actual stat.

Right now there is nothing but scepter cata's and if any else there is scepter weavers, i think its quite funny the meta swapped from sword focus to scepters only it to me shows for a good reason that it is too overtuned otherwise i doubt there would be so many currently outta nowhere swapping the meta to play it. I dont mind meta swaps or new meta's but i rather have a better overall balance than 1 specific gear / set being better than the rest .

you forgot to say Cata need massive nerf to reflect/block projectiles and block in general lol  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noiwk.2760 said:

you forgot to say Cata need massive nerf to reflect/block projectiles and block in general lol  

i agree that can be an issue too, i cant tell too much in regards to that as i mainly play sword dagger weaver / Reaper in pvp most of my time therefor i dont experience the same issue in regards to that as lets say dragon's tooth issue, but i am sure it could / would might be relevant to look into aswell. tho u could then say it might would be fair to have that in exchange of damage nerfs ?. i aint to tell on that but i feel i can atleast play around projectile blocks either by LoS'ing or etc, while on cata it is kinda hard to impossible doing that if they hard cc u down and burst u with stuff that can hit out of LoS

On 12/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, Hellz.3058 said:

Bro I get it you are ignorant ,You dont know how broken elementalist in this meta.You should see Elementalists spamming heal and shield with their water +earth combos and surviving from 3 v 1 .İt is so broken doesnt even nerf cut it.İt requires rework.

• Thanks 3

On 12/30/2022 at 1:53 AM, Xaint.7461 said:

i agree that can be an issue too, i cant tell too much in regards to that as i mainly play sword dagger weaver / Reaper in pvp most of my time therefor i dont experience the same issue in regards to that as lets say dragon's tooth issue, but i am sure it could / would might be relevant to look into aswell. tho u could then say it might would be fair to have that in exchange of damage nerfs ?. i aint to tell on that but i feel i can atleast play around projectile blocks either by LoS'ing or etc, while on cata it is kinda hard to impossible doing that if they hard cc u down and burst u with stuff that can hit out of LoS

cata got DMG aoe cleave defensive resustain mobility CC and everything on top of that silly block for projectiles. .  even if you entirely remove that cata will still be op..  its almost impossible to fight a good Cata it is as op as Chrono and as defense warrior.   it need to be massively nerfed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2