PvP was ruined by Catalysts and ArenaNet doesn't care

gkoogz.3089

Anyone who plays knows. And it should have been clear if you watched the Monthly AT that someone was deeply wrong when the winning team was FIVE catalysts.

ArenaNet has let this disgusting patch roll since Nov 29th because THEY DON'T CARE. They don't care about the despair and crisis in the PvP community caused by their disgusting, out-of-nowhere scepter buff.

This should be a five-alarm fire for ArenaNet. They should have dropped what they were doing and gathered all of the relevant people and SOLVED THIS with a hot patch. Then they should have issued an apology letter to their players and investors. But no, they are letting it ride because they hate you and they want you to play other games.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 9

The biggest issue is that most players suck at Ele/ Catalyst. I would say the majority are easy kills in PvP.

The few ones who understand it play it very, very, very well. So its a matter of finding a balance that doesn't punish the so-so or sucky players to suck even harder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

I disagree on “gather the relevant players”.

anet did this for the cmc big day patch thing and the result was cmc being banned from communication with players and for good reason.

there is no doubt that they shouldn’t be communicating with streamers on “what do you want done to the game”,

but it is true that cata is disgusting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Hi, everyone talks about "cmc", what is this?

Cmc was hired like 2 years ago and the thing was he was gonna do a “mega patch “, follow it up with patches every 2 weeks and he had a community discord set up to discuss with streamers.

only thing was that the mega patch was horrible and that the discord ran amok with players harassing other players with threats and the like.

cmc is still employed but he got banned from continuing his mega patch.

we all want cmc fired…

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

CmC,  or Cal Cohen, is some ele player that is hardstuck on the busted dagger/dagger celestial elementalist from the olden days and wanted to bring that playstyle back. He, for some reason, got hired and proceeded to slowly work his bias back into the game while becoming a meme for chugging water on streams. Him and his warrior main buddy had worked on the February 2020 patch which while was better than the counterstrike meta that was the inbetween firebrand/scourge nonsense and that February 2020 patch, was still a mess as it brought forth CC spam and the death of counterplay. From there it seems counterplay is a taboo topic despite the stream comments of desiring reactability in gameplay and is continously forced out of the picture with each passing patch.

I wouldn't log in, I stopped playing a few weeks ago and personally feel much better. I'm hanging around because I was notified that a new pvp patch is being highlighted next week, but if that looks to be another mess then I'm probably moving on with my old lineage 2 group to project TL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

CmC,  or Cal Cohen, is some ele player that is hardstuck on the busted dagger/dagger celestial elementalist from the olden days and wanted to bring that playstyle back. He, for some reason, got hired and proceeded to slowly work his bias back into the game while becoming a meme for chugging water on streams. Him and his warrior main buddy had worked on the February 2020 patch which while was better than the counterstrike meta that was the inbetween firebrand/scourge nonsense and that February 2020 patch, was still a mess as it brought forth CC spam and the death of counterplay. From there it seems counterplay is a taboo topic despite the stream comments of desiring reactability in gameplay and is continously forced out of the picture with each passing patch.

I wouldn't log in, I stopped playing a few weeks ago and personally feel much better. I'm hanging around because I was notified that a new pvp patch is being highlighted next week, but if that looks to be another mess then I'm probably moving on with my old lineage 2 group to project TL.

This is also not a bad description, I’d like to add that he played in pro league for a bit.

funny enough some ppl were so happy that a “pro league player” was hired. And while I didn’t know him I was also on pro league teams and from what I hear is that his ideas for balance were always crazy radical and stupid.

I cannot remember any example but I just remember from what my team mates told me is that this meta is one that he would love…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

funny enough some ppl were so happy that a “pro league player” was hired. And while I didn’t know him I was also on pro league teams and from what I hear is that his ideas for balance were always crazy radical and stupid.

It's a step up from Developers who die to Svanir/Chieftain (no outside interference).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

we all want cmc fired…

As much fun as it is to hate on Anet and their questionable decisions, this is isn't really cool to say. I regret making a joke about their mass layoffs awhile back. I think Roy and CMC make a good team and they clearly care about the game, including PvP.

1 hour ago, Exedore.6320 said:

It's a step up from Developers who die to Svanir/Chieftain (no outside interference).

Exactly.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

As much fun as it is to hate on Anet and their questionable decisions, this is isn't really cool to say. I regret making a joke about their mass layoffs awhile back. I think Roy and CMC make a good team and they clearly care about the game, including PvP.

Exactly.

Hey man, you get to regret your own decisions all you want.

I don’t regret mine.

I understand what’s going on, doesn’t mean I like it…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

I almost want to login just to see what everyone is complaining about. 

I still haven't tried the new scepter? Is it what's busted right now? 

Take Dragon's Tooth. A skill thats balanced around the fact that its hard to hit but does huge dmg.

Ofcourse, a skill with such a huge tell and delayed dmg is pointless in PvP.

How about we make it easy to hit the target? Like Braindead easy?

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Take Dragon's Tooth. A skill thats balanced around the fact that its hard to hit but does huge dmg.

Ofcourse, a skill with just a huge tell and delayed dmg is pointless in PvP.

How about we make it easy to hit the target? Like Braindead easy?

The strange thing is that they already said that they are aware this change could be really dangerous and lead to problems. And that they are keeping an eye on it to make follow up changes.

Where are the follow up changes, Anet?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ollbirtan.2915 said:

Oh for kitten's sake, cry me a river! There is a mere handful of players across EU and US that can play ele on a "pro" lvl. Every other cata/weaver/tempest you come across your ranked matches would be mediocre or at most OK. The problem isn't cata. Hint hint.  

No, this problem is so severe that any bottom plat Cata is now as difficult to deal with as Grimjack was like 12 months ago. It's stupid and it needs to be hotfixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

While im also mad that catalyst and defence cc spam warrior are both just "broken" (would better say too good here). I would not say letz fire them. The games Overall state is in my opinion by far the best since years. And yet all cmc and roy as Team has done where 2 big balance patches. Get rly in hope that they might make it even better ^^

• Like 1

We all want CMC fired? hmm I guess I didn't get that memo.

While the state of elementalist and both his and Roy's warped view on mesmer is something I'm no fan of I certainly don't want the guy fired. I want to see him grow and get better at the job because they actually really care about the game. His Feb 2020 patch was a very good basis to slow the game down and chart a new course away from the burst meta that we saw. 

If you didn't realise the only viable supports in the burst meta were those with a great rez skills and plenty of scalable defences or invulns. Let me spell it out for you if you haven't figured it out, we were going straight into a state of game where the only viable supports or roles outside of dps was Chronobunker like builds. NO-ONE WANTS THAT.

• Like 1