So, can we finally get rid of transmutation charges?

Gibson.4036

transmutes is a global gameplay element, .It should not be the case that players who want to focus on PVE and gear collecting cannot easily access  transmutes for gear they have collected as this detracts from a key element of PVE rewards - gear skins. 

I'm all for WVW and PVP  unique events to encourage cross play, but transmutations are essential for core gameplay elements and is not the right item to target.  Aside from this i think i saw chat that pve reward tracks are comming....

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

transmutes is a global gameplay element, .It should not be the case that players who want to focus on PVE and gear collecting cannot easily access  transmutes for gear they have collected as this detracts from a key element of PVE rewards - gear skins. 

What do you mean you cannot easly access them? Other than login rewards, you can for example get some from festivals or (re)doing map completion.

3 hours ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Aside from this i think i saw chat that pve reward tracks are comming....

"You think you saw"? Ok, where?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean you cannot easly access them? Other than login rewards, you can for example get some from festivals or (re)doing map completion.

"You think you saw"? Ok, where?

I have thousands because i do a lot of pvp and wvw.  People who don't won't.  Transformation is very much part of the PVE game i get that (you don't?).  As for the aggressive rest, google yourself i'm not your search engine.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

Removing transmitation charges is like saying, please remove upgrade extractors or infusion extractors also. All of these items is what makes legendary armor the best convenience in the game. Also, if the true endgame is fashion wars, legendary equipment is also the ultimate endgame convenience, and therefore should keep the convenience of changing without transmutstion over other armors.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Also, if the true endgame is fashion wars, legendary equipment is also the ultimate endgame convenience, and therefore should keep the convenience of changing without transmutstion over other armors.

Do people forget that free transmutes were only added retroactively due to the armory being implemented and we're not an original selling point of legendary equipment? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I have thousands because i do a lot of pvp and wvw.  People who don't won't.  Transformation is very much part of the PVE game i get that (you don't?). 

Am I the one that doesn't get something here? I think it's you, considering I just listed some pve ways to get transmutation charges and you still try to "explain" to me that transformation is very much part of the pve game. Like... what were you even responding to with that, from the post you've just quoted?

39 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

As for the aggressive rest, google yourself i'm not your search engine.

Asking for source of your claims isn't "aggressive" in any way, not sure why that's how you saw it. If you don't have sources for these claims, stop spreading random roumors. If you do, provide them. Google didn't confirm what you've said and funnily enough I did check that before my previous response.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Studies have shown that people would prefer not to get a pay raise if one of their coworkers would get more. By and large our lizard brains would rather be worse off as long as we perceive it to be “fair”.

Interesting. I'd like to read those studies, can you show them to me?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/14/2023 at 2:44 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I don't mind the transmutation charges, but I would like to swap easily between looks. Perhaps we should get something like equipment templates but then purely for cosmetics. I cba to switch between looks if it takes more than a click of a button. 

I'm surprised so many people liked this since reasonable suggestions seem to invoke so much confusion from this community. 

There is a solution for everything in this game that separates players without taking anything away from the hardworking or giving charity to those with more casual routines. 

Edited by Jianyu.7065
Typo
  • Confused 3

I'd rather a system like ffxiv glamour templates. Unless anet wants us to buy equipment templates just for fashion :classic_mellow:. I'm in full legendaries so its been a while, but I remember not wanting to try anything new because you lose designs/dyes when you transmute over existing gear, combined with a limited amount of charges (I don't pvp) I would be happy if transmutations left. But appearance templates first!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Transmutation charges are probably the single worst part of player customisation this game has, and they are unique to GW2, at least if you consider popular MMOs. WoW, ESO, SWToR all let you apply visual customisation for trivial gold cost, FFXIV has glamour prisms which are entirely trivial to acquire to the point where you're paying equivalent of coppers for it. Even BDO, the money making scheme that game is, doesn't attach cost to applying appearances, though that one has very limited costumes outside cash shop. 

This might be just me, but having outfit changes be tied to a very limited resource unless you're doing PvP or constantly reclearing maps or shelling out cash almost defeats the purpose of having an extensive appearance system in the first place, because it makes it a chore to interact with it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

Transmutation charges are probably the single worst part of player customisation this game has, and they are unique to GW2, at least if you consider popular MMOs. WoW, ESO, SWToR all let you apply visual customisation for trivial gold cost, FFXIV has glamour prisms which are entirely trivial to acquire to the point where you're paying equivalent of coppers for it. Even BDO, the money making scheme that game is, doesn't attach cost to applying appearances, though that one has very limited costumes outside cash shop.

The problem with your comparison is that the games you mention are subscription based, so those studios have a different means of generating income. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

The problem with your comparison is that the games you mention are subscription based, so those studios have a different means of generating income. 

ESO is not. Neither is SWToR, or BDO. Yeah they all have their kitten cash shops, but none of them do the same thing.

Edit: also like, there is so much other stuff on the gem store that I don't think loss of transmutation charges would hurt them all that much. Or like, make them tradeable at least, idk

Edited by Gilotina.7930
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

42 minutes ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

ESO is not. Neither is SWToR, or BDO. Yeah they all have their kitten cash shops, but none of them do the same thing.

Edit: also like, there is so much other stuff on the gem store that I don't think loss of transmutation charges would hurt them all that much. Or like, make them tradeable at least, idk

Can't speak to ESO or BDO, but SWToR is indeed a sub model if you wish to have everything opened in the game.  Still, the point is that SWToR at least has a subscription which brings in revenue whereas GW2 has to rely on gems/cash shop.

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Can't speak to ESO or BDO, but SWToR is indeed a sub model if you wish to have everything opened in the game.  Still, the point is that SWToR at least has a subscription which brings in revenue whereas GW2 has to rely on gems/cash shop.

Okay, let me put it this way. 

I think in this particular case, their way of monetising this feature makes the feature actively worse. There. Because this has gotten away from what I was trying to get across in my initial post. 

Edited by Gilotina.7930
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

This might be just me, but having outfit changes be tied to a very limited resource unless you're doing PvP or constantly reclearing maps or shelling out cash almost defeats the purpose of having an extensive appearance system in the first place, because it makes it a chore to interact with it. 

Just play PvP or WvW every now and then and you’ll have more than enough transmutation charges. Or if you don’t like that just get legendary armor. The PvE legendary armor is the fastest. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Just play PvP or WvW every now and then and you’ll have more than enough transmutation charges. Or if you don’t like that just get legendary armor. The PvE legendary armor is the fastest. 

I cannot express how much I dislike PvP in any form. And saying "just do a massive time/resource sink" is kind of hilarious, when it comes to changing how clothes look. Not getting appearances for them. Just changing them.

Like I get how saying to just work around it seems reasonable when you primarily or only play GW2, but after having played other, similar games...I can't say it comes across as reasonable to me.

Edited by Gilotina.7930
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

I cannot express how much I dislike PvP in any form. And saying "just do a massive time/resource sink" is kind of hilarious, when it comes to changing how clothes look. Not getting appearances for them. Just changing them.

Like I get how saying to just work around it seems reasonable when you primarily or only play GW2, but after having played other, similar games...I can't say it comes across as reasonable to me.

It’s really up to you, the game offers many ways to get transmutation charges, it’s really only your fault if you ignore them. 
In other games it costs gold to change your armor skin, in GW2 you can just farm gold and buy transmutation charges if you refuse to play WvW or PvP. 
I really don’t understand these complaints, getting the charges is neither difficult nor does it take long to get enough. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

Somebody quoted brilliantly earlier exactly where the problem lies in this thread and the general lack of self awareness does not help.

'Studies have shown that people would prefer not to get a pay raise if one of their coworkers would get more. By and large our lizard brains would rather be worse off as long as we perceive it to be “fair”.'

• Confused 5

48 minutes ago, Gilotina.7930 said:

As Vesica said a while ago , most likely there will be a PvE track .

Hopefully it will like the Decade Armor's OW objectives to keep almost all maps alive

(Instance content don't need to be inclueded , they have their won rewards 😛 Edit: We could put 2 OW legendary gear in this track and force people to ge the other 2 from WvW as dirt cheap.... about the PvP sections is a little tricky...maybe Mosters (unlocked PvE mobs form's players) vs Heroes in the pseudo-Moda map , one weekends?)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

41 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

As Vesica said a while ago , most likely there will be a PvE track .

Hopefully it will like the Decade Armor's OW objectives to keep almost all maps alive

(Instance content don't need to be inclueded , they have their won rewards 😛 Edit: We could put 2 OW legendary gear in this track and force people to ge the other 2 from WvW as dirt cheap.... about the PvP sections is a little tricky...maybe Mosters (unlocked PvE mobs form's players) vs Heroes in the pseudo-Moda map , one weekends?)

How do decade armor keep almost all maps alive its 10 events per region not map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know it's probably a me issue, but I think I found the existence of transmutation charges having a bit of a reverse feedback loop for my gameplay, since the only thing I was interested in was overworld PVE content. Being limited in my charges discouraged me from wanting to use any, which then made me wonder why I'd even want to collect skins at all if I wasn't 200% sure I wanted to commit to using them. And since 99% of the end game appears to be fashion, I found little motivation to actually do that.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

How do decade armor keep almost all maps alive its 10 events per region not map.

We could create a LI system (for the OW Armor ) where , yo need to do 8 events in a map and call it a day , or keep going and  unlock the yesterdays maps to populate it too .

As the days moves one and the other  yearly expanion is getting closer  , people will have more maps to populate and the game will feel more alive with each day .

Casually unlock 2 gear per expanion (3x if you go for 4-5 OW maps per day) . While the other half community get different maps-objectives . While the PvE track wil offer steady gold income

And we give them an incentive that if you can get 3-4 from the expansion (1x from  WvW,PvP) you get a chance for skin or another Legendary gear , or mount skin , or reduced mats neded for Legend in WvW in the next expanion (people in raids will simply waste their existing resources that are pilling up wihtout going in other modes )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We could create a LI system (for the OW Armor ) where , yo need to do 8 events in a map and call it a day , or keep going and  unlock the yesterdays maps to populate it too .

As the days moves one and the other  yearly expanion is getting closer  , people will have more maps to populate and the game will feel more alive with each day .

Casually unlock 2 gear per expanion (3x if you go for 4-5 OW maps per day) . While the other half community get different maps-objectives . While the PvE track wil offer steady gold income

And we give them an incentive that if you can get 3-4 from the expansion (1x from  WvW,PvP) you get a chance for skin or another Legendary gear , or mount skin , or reduced mats neded for Legend in WvW in the next expanion (people in raids will simply waste their existing resources that are pilling up wihtout going in other modes )

No thanks 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1