Remove Instant Armor-Reinforcing Canister

27 minutes ago, ManaPotato.3279 said:

As the title says. This item is completely unnecessary as you can get buff almost anywhere and it lasts for a very long time.

How are you going to compensate the people who bought canisters for gems or have a perm repair contract?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, disco.9302 said:

How are you going to compensate the people who bought canisters for gems or have a perm repair contract?

Why would they need compensation? They would still get the buff without having to visit an anvil. And they’d benefit from not having canisters drop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I agree that if they remove them from the game completely that could annoy people who paid for them, but I don't think that's necessary.

If they remove them from the login rewards and achievement chests (the only places they currently drop) so no one gets them by chance then people who don't want them at all can just delete or use up the ones they've got and anyone else can keep them and will still have the option to buy more if they want them.

I suppose there might be people who want the option to apply the boost anywhere and don't want to pay for it who would still find this inconvenient, but I doubt that's many people or that they'd find it a big problem. Maybe Anet could add a way to get a limited number per week in-game, something which isn't random so people who don't want them don't end up with any but is available for people who want it.

3 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

it just needs removing from the Black lion chests, the same way they removed Hair style kits

According to the Wiki it's already been removed from Black Lion Chests. The permanent version is still a very rare drop, but those are also tradable so if you get one you don't want you can sell it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

According to the Wiki it's already been removed from Black Lion Chests. The permanent version is still a very rare drop, but those are also tradable so if you get one you don't want you can sell it.

I'm sure i've had them drop recently, but made i'm confusing it with my daily log in Chests of Black lion goods

• Like 1

I would prefer if they just removed the buff all together. I don't think anyone will be sad to see it gone and it won't clutter the already super cluttered buff frames. 

They can make a vendor where you can exchange the canisters for some common BL items like boosters, BL salvage kits, statues... I think this would make everyone more than happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah but its not removed from Chest of Black Lion Goods (daily login reward). So it pollutes that RNG table instead.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ManaPotato.3279 said:

Yeah but its not removed from Chest of Black Lion Goods (daily login reward). So it pollutes that RNG table instead.

Yes, that's what I said earlier in the post you quoted.

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If they remove them from the login rewards and achievement chests (the only places they currently drop) so no one gets them by chance then people who don't want them at all can just delete or use up the ones they've got and anyone else can keep them and will still have the option to buy more if they want them.

Let them exchange it for an Infinite Anvil Tonic that lets them turn into one and get pounded.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Why would they need compensation? They would still get the buff without having to visit an anvil. And they’d benefit from not having canisters drop.

Need?  No, they would not need it.  However, some will ask (demand), as players have asked (demanded) anytime any developer in any multiplayer game has removed something that players "earned" via play or bought with in-game resources or cash.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Need?  No, they would not need it.  However, some will ask (demand), as players have asked (demanded) anytime any developer in any multiplayer game has removed something that players "earned" via play or bought with in-game resources or cash.

But they would still have their item.

The request is to not have new canisters drop any more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/28/2023 at 12:28 PM, ManaPotato.3279 said:

As the title says. This item is completely unnecessary as you can get buff almost anywhere and it lasts for a very long time.

I totally agree, kitten the RNG I find only this item in the weekly Chest of Black Lion Goods.

Delete it, change the effect, allow me to burn it in MF, I don't care, it's a pointless item by now.

Edited by Val.7826
  • Like 2