SAB General Fedback

Malus.2184

On 4/12/2023 at 6:53 PM, Bias.4306 said:

I find the frog king to be the most difficult thing in the entire game - everything else seems to be easier compared to that.

Really?! 😄 It's super easy: hit the amulet, grab the jewel, wait for King Toad to open his mouth, throw the jewel at the mouth target, which will render him vulnerable, then hit him for 50% health, grab the second jewel, which should lay there from the first round, dodge two of his attacks. Rinse repeat one more time - done.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Really?! 😄 It's super easy: hit the amulet, grab the jewel, wait for King Toad to open his mouth, throw the jewel at the mouth target, which will render him vulnerable, then hit him for 50% health, grab the second jewel, which should lay there from the first round, dodge two of his attacks. Rinse repeat one more time - done.

Not for everyone. I’ve helped a lot of players over the years who can’t manage it on their own. I remember I struggled originally. It’s only now after years of doing it, that it’s second nature.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not for everyone. I’ve helped a lot of players over the years who can’t manage it on their own. I remember I struggled originally. It’s only now after years of doing it, that it’s second nature.

I'm pretty sure if you just explained to them that they need to target the frog and not the necklace it should be easy for any player to complete.  Nothing else in the encounter really matters as long as you're able to get the jewel into the frog's mouth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I'm pretty sure if you just explained to them that they need to target the frog and not the necklace it should be easy for any player to complete.  Nothing else in the encounter really matters as long as you're able to get the jewel into the frog's mouth.

That’s not how everyone learns. There is a difference between understanding something being told and being shown how. Even then, I had to help some multiple times. Which I was happy to do.

Skill levels vary. What seems fundamentally simple to some, is tricky—for all sorts of reasons—to others

• Like 2

Yeah true - that some players might have problems with the frog if they are less skilled. I guess the weird thing and surprise comes from the fact that the post did not seem to restrict the opinion to world 1. Making it seem like he'd find the storm wizard easier. Though that one obviously has more annoying mechanics and a longer fight.

So: Make sure to target the frog not the necklace. Then it is easy. Might still be hard for some people. But those surely will have even more trouble in world 2. 🙂

My guess is that for some players though ... it really seems like the jewel fails randomly. Took me myself some time to notice that I sometimes actually targeted the jewel. Just manually clicking the frog can help and eventuelly you'll get used to it.

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I remember I struggled originally. It’s only now after years of doing it, that it’s second nature.

Yes, like with every boss fight in GW2, it is a matter of practice. No one can know the mechanics when they are new to it.

I merely commented on the claim that it was "the hardest fight in GW2", which is definitely isn't once you understand its mechanics.

• Confused 4

One thing that I think makes the frog harder is that if you lose all your health and restart at the checkpoint, the frog is also at full health.

For the storm wizard/dragon, that is not the case - if you got it down to 30% and loose all your health and restart at checkpoint, it is still at 30%.

So this could make the frog incredibly frustrating as if you just miss the jumps/get hit by the tongue, you could be in the case where you are never seeing any progress and don't see any way to do it.  Where as for all the other SAB bosses, you can grind them down, as long as you have enough continue coins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

One thing that I think makes the frog harder is that if you lose all your health and restart at the checkpoint, the frog is also at full health.

For the storm wizard/dragon, that is not the case - if you got it down to 30% and loose all your health and restart at checkpoint, it is still at 30%.

So this could make the frog incredibly frustrating as if you just miss the jumps/get hit by the tongue, you could be in the case where you are never seeing any progress and don't see any way to do it.  Where as for all the other SAB bosses, you can grind them down, as long as you have enough continue coins.

You shouldn't be able to succeed at something by smashing your head into it until it breaks, though.

I was fighting King Toad with a  friend the other day.  To prevent him from regenning to full health upon BOTH of our deaths, one of us would intentionally die if we were nearing zero hearts.  As long as one person in the group is alive King Toad does not regen.

After the first couple times, I've reliable farmed King Toad, but for some reason I will occasionally drop the gem instead of throwing it even though I have clicked the target in the mouth and appear to have it selected, not the jewel.

This only seems to happen when I try to get the gem and get it into his mouth before his first stomp phase, so I expect it's still something I'm doing wrong.

If I get the gem first thing, then ignore the first mouth open, wait until he finishes his first stomp, I'm good for the rest of the fight.