Willbender

aiinseinn.5914

Most classes have some spec that can fight WBs,  so I dunno what to tell you.  If you're really having problems just play a cele harb and hold down shroud 1 while traited into Dhuumfire.  There! You did it!  XD

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

i have not the time or gold to build one . it was hard enough to build a scraper with asc gear and weapon

You don't needed Ascended to learn the rotations. But you ask for nerfs to another build because you didn't want to put in time to see what is was about? Did you theory craft using the free build editors to determine how to counter? Balancing is a good and fine thing, but details have value.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

i have not the time or gold to build one . it was hard enough to build a scraper with asc gear and weapon

We don't really need asc gear, unless you need to eke out every advantage you can. I've run (and still run) exos on a lot of things. Yes, it isn't as strong as asc. But with a busted build, even exos will secure you many wins. 

When you face an absolute pro, not even asc gear will save you. 

Practice >>> gear. 

Just don't go in with blues and greens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, andrewlcl.8176 said:

We don't really need asc gear, unless you need to eke out every advantage you can. I've run (and still run) exos on a lot of things. Yes, it isn't as strong as asc. But with a busted build, even exos will secure you many wins. 

When you face an absolute pro, not even asc gear will save you. 

Practice >>> gear. 

Just don't go in with blues and greens. 

AND -even if u try to escape on ur mount - the wlillie will get u .. nother awful thing #honestly ANET, did u planed it like that?

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Most classes have some spec that can fight WBs,  so I dunno what to tell you.  If you're really having problems just play a cele harb and hold down shroud 1 while traited into Dhuumfire.  There! You did it!  XD

i even feel like (as a Reaper), my chances are not that bad. Willbender is usually only a Problem because those bois are fast as f**** and you'll never catch them.

50% of Fights against this trollbuild are you, watching them run away. i don't even bother anymore with one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/10/2023 at 4:58 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

F1 Rushing Justice: Rush, 800 range, 12s cooldown

F2 Flowing Resolve: Rush, 450 range, 20s cooldown, 2 charges. 

F3 Crashing Courage: Shadowstep, 600 range, 30s cooldown.

Sword 5 Advancing Strike: Shadowstep, 750 range, 20s cooldown.

Flash Combo: Shadowstep, 900 range, 25s cooldown. Repose: Shadowstep return.

Whirling Light: Lunge, 600 range, 15s cooldown.

Rolling Light: Dodge back, 300 range, 25s cooldown. Quick retribution: Lunge, 300 range.

Heaven's Palm elite: Shadowstep, 600 range, 20s cooldown.

Sword 2 Symbol of blades: No line of sight teleport to target, 600 range, 8s cooldown.

Judge's Intervention: Teleport, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Merciful Interventon: Shadowstep, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Why does one spec have this many mobility options that most of also does aoe damage? even the dodge one lmao. While also being built off one of the best support classes in the game. This is a thief on suparoids. 🤡 balancing to put that very lightly. Nothing to see here just fork over 🤑💰💸

Regardless of which Guardian spec anyone plays, i'm just going to say that "Leap of Faith" damage is broken.
Ppl say it's bugged, i'll let the devs figure this one out.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Reality?

Aside from the thief I have never seen a class escape so easily. This is one of the classes that can have 7 enemies chasing it half way across the map and if still gets away. Do cc's not even affect it? 

Sometimes I wonder if they have any cooldowns at all.

The simple fact is, if you are in discord and the people who play Willbender religiously  (the experts)  are explaining to us why they (the Willbender) is so OP in wvw, then yeah.... the class is most likely OP. And I have witnessed this event multiple times. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, aiinseinn.5914 said:

i will stop playing against willbender till they get nerved .. its awfull ..

have fun guys

I finally want to say this; the direction of some of the Profession design especially with their new specializations, completely goes against their roles and identity.

Guardian Profession is a healer and support role Profession. Since when did Guardian Profession role was to become a two-handed ninja?

It beyond outrage to take a Support Role Profession and turn it into 1 -1 Melee Profession and to find it ok

There are already 1 -1 Melee Professions already implemented in the game that are suitable for Willbender specializations.

Guardian Profession Are Not Even A Warrior Profession

Guardian Profession Are Not Even A Thief Profession

Who thought that this was Ok to give Guardian Profession a specialization with having two Profession roles?

Please! remove Willbender specialization from Guardian Profession 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 4/9/2023 at 8:58 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

F1 Rushing Justice: Rush, 800 range, 12s cooldown

F2 Flowing Resolve: Rush, 450 range, 20s cooldown, 2 charges. 

F3 Crashing Courage: Shadowstep, 600 range, 30s cooldown.

Sword 5 Advancing Strike: Shadowstep, 750 range, 20s cooldown.

Flash Combo: Shadowstep, 900 range, 25s cooldown. Repose: Shadowstep return.

Whirling Light: Lunge, 600 range, 15s cooldown.

Rolling Light: Dodge back, 300 range, 25s cooldown. Quick retribution: Lunge, 300 range.

Heaven's Palm elite: Shadowstep, 600 range, 20s cooldown.

Sword 2 Symbol of blades: No line of sight teleport to target, 600 range, 8s cooldown.

Judge's Intervention: Teleport, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Merciful Interventon: Shadowstep, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Why does one spec have this many mobility options that most of also does aoe damage? even the dodge one lmao. While also being built off one of the best support classes in the game. This is a thief on suparoids. 🤡 balancing to put that very lightly. Nothing to see here just fork over 🤑💰💸

Ah yes, the classic 5 utility skill willbender build. Whirling Light isn't a lunge, it's a 50% movespeed boost for the duration of the cast. 

Does this mean superspeed scrappers have an infinite range lunge? 

Willbender flames don't really do dmg. They have a damage component to them because of how guardian virtues are designed. I could honestly take or leave the actual dmg it does if it let's me keep the striking.

To also at most run a single teleport utility (often JI) because you need either condi cleanse, stab or Whirling Light as your remaining slots.

Willbender is good currently, but nowhere near the unstoppable God class you're making it out to be. Corrupts and boon rip will make short work of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I finally want to say this; the direction of some of the Profession design especially with their new specializations, completely goes against their roles and identity.

Guardian Profession is a healer and support role Profession. Since when did Guardian Profession role was to become a two-handed ninja?

It beyond outrage to take a Support Role Profession and turn it into 1 -1 Melee Profession and to find it ok

There are already 1 -1 Melee Professions already implemented in the game that are suitable for Willbender specializations.

Guardian Profession Are Not Even A Warrior Profession

Guardian Profession Are Not Even A Thief Profession

Who thought that this was Ok to give Guardian Profession a specialization with having two Profession roles?

Please! remove Willbender specialization from Guardian Profession 

Why did warriors and engi get given blinks? Mesmer aegis spam.

A healing, burst and bruiser spec?

Ele being able to support, go high dps with fresh air and being a bruiser with cele cata?

Rev being able to cover every role as well? 

But guardians being forced into a support playstyle over every elite spec. 

The entire point of the elite specs were to give people new ways of playing their main classes, and I'd say willbender did that perfectly. 

This is without taking balance into account. Just class identity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Willybenders are dangerous if you face tank their entire burst, but like warriors they have pretty clear animations and tells as to what they are going to do. If you're having trouble bending their willys you can go make one for yourself and play it or you can go duel one until you learn how to beat it. It would also help to know what build the OP is playing to properly give advice. 

I recorded a 1v1 with WB while I was playing Sic 'Em Soulbeast. I don't claim to be the best player and I do make multiple mistakes throughout the fight. It's also the raw footage so please excuse our comms. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Funny how all the willbender players trying to defend wb exactly like other players in different specs before their fav builds got nerfed to the ground. I guess the cycle continues XD 

I mean, outside of bugged gs3 dmg. Is willbender really overperforming?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, The Raven.1320 said:

Willybenders are dangerous if you face tank their entire burst, but like warriors they have pretty clear animations and tells as to what they are going to do. If you're having trouble bending their willys you can go make one for yourself and play it or you can go duel one until you learn how to beat it. It would also help to know what build the OP is playing to properly give advice. 

I recorded a 1v1 with WB while I was playing Sic 'Em Soulbeast. I don't claim to be the best player and I do make multiple mistakes throughout the fight. It's also the raw footage so please excuse our comms. 

That's a pretty good example. Wasn't having issues facing them on a number of toons/builds. Worst was on the pure melee builds since needed to be in range of them. Had one that beat me three times in a row so I built one a month or two ago after the fight to figure out what I was missing in the tell and found it. After playing for a bit, yeah the number of people that just stand in the flames are the issue and maybe the tell on it since its leaner in form factor. Your example on the War is spot on for a range class. When playing one of my War's that's a pure melee a good ranged player quickly knows to just keep at distance and though I do build tanky they can wear my main Warrior down just from range, tactic works not as well with the WB but still pretty good. 

3 hours ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Funny how all the willbender players trying to defend wb exactly like other players in different specs before their fav builds got nerfed to the ground. I guess the cycle continues XD 

That's one way to look at it, we also get a lot of nerf 'x' threads out here, be that builds, siege, gear, maps, servers and everything in between. Another way to get out of the OP to nerf cycle is look at what's the individual issues and try and go from there. Again have known too many players we lost over the years when they used the hammer nerf tool and just trashed a build someone took months of gameplay to build out so they said see you instead of ok I can rebuild. Hence why some of us have a lot of alts since we have other builds we can fall back to when we need to rework changes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here is a fight with a willbender I had while trying to stomp an elementalist(couldn´t stomp him, due to invincible bug). Willbender played pretty stupid, maybe unexperienced judging by his rank. But the fact he almost killed me even tho he face tanked so much damage is beyond stupid.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Raven.1320 said:

1v1 with WB while I was playing Sic 'Em Soulbeast. I

Last week, out of curiosity I was doing an online search on what was labeled the most OP thing in wvw.

The result was Soul Beast.

So your video just helps prove that Soulbeast is OP as fudge because even a mediocre player on one is deadly as fudge. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Kaktus Jack.9730 said:

Here is a fight with a willbender I had while trying to stomp an elementalist(couldn´t stomp him, due to invincible bug). Willbender played pretty stupid, maybe unexperienced judging by his rank. But the fact he almost killed me even tho he face tanked so much damage is beyond stupid.

This is a good example of a paper build being attacked, but I wouldn't use it for balancing. That's how we got the wet noodle patch.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Kaktus Jack.9730 said:

Here is a fight with a willbender 

I'd say engi's being able to run at full speed(super speed forever!) and toss grenades behind them for thousands of damage every second is more stupid than anything a Wb can do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This is a good example of a paper build being attacked, but I wouldn't use it for balancing. That's how we got the wet noodle patch.

Paper Build? Dude is playing Cele-Willbender.

3 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

I'd say engi's being able to run at full speed(super speed forever!) and toss grenades behind them for thousands of damage every second is more stupid than anything a Wb can do.

Full dps scrapper doesn´t have permanent superspeed and you can clearly see in the video how the willbender managed to close a huge gab, after the stealth. He only failed to catch up because of the terrain and yea nade scrapper seems to be "OP" when your enemy is stupid enough to run straight into them. Cele Scrapper on the other hand is stupid, but the cele thing is just another issue.

• Confused 6

11 hours ago, Kaktus Jack.9730 said:

Started the fight with 7k hp, 4 big cooldowns unavailable and missed lot of abilities that should have hit? Won anyways. Time to go to forums to complain about enemy class with this video evidence I just got  😏

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2