[Idea] Legendary Armor for Gems

Natto.5819

I'd like to make a serious suggestion. I want to have Legendary Armor, but I don't have the ability to get it in game. I'm a decently good PvPer, but don't have enough friends or gear to properly do Raids. Raid groups in LFG won't take me in parties because I'm weak. I admit that my PvE characters are not up to par. But while I don't have much in game, I now have a healthy bank account since I'm several months sober. I would love to invest some money into Gems, but the only thing that I want is transforming armor.

You're asking to pay real money for top tier equipment with special effects which currently only comes from completing some of the hardest content in the game. That is literally Pay-to-Win and therefore will almost certainly never happen in this game because the implications and the backlash from players would be huge.

@Natto.5819 said:since I'm several months sober.

Congratulations. That's truly admirable.

Alas, I can't say the same about your suggestion. Legendary Armor exists entirely as a reward to those willing to put in the effort to do raids, the most challenging PvE content in this game. ANet has specifically said they have no plans to offer those skins to anyone else for any reason. In the unlikely event they change their mind ever (let alone soon), that reward would have to be replaced with something comparably prestigious (and there'd also have to be a plan for how to handle the inevitable outrage that ANet changed their mind about it).

So to even consider the possibility of offering these skins for gems, you also have to address that.

Alternatively, if all you want is the ability to swap stats at will, you can earn that in WvW, which doesn't require "enough friends."

@Danikat.8537 said:You're asking to pay real money for top tier equipment with special effects which currently only comes from completing some of the hardest content in the game. That is literally Pay-to-Win and therefore will almost certainly never happen in this game because the implications and the backlash from players would be huge.

Pay to Win doesn't apply. I only want to wear armor that looks good. Plus, I can afford to buy Gems if I need to. They could make a Gem Legendary Armor look slightly different than Raid ones if that makes people happy.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@cranos.5913 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:Armor adoption box. Its cosmetics only after all.

Good idea, it would still give us a nice sense of progression.

Not to mention giving players so many diverse options!

...and pride of their accomplishments!

...... not to mention the substantial discount versus an individual purchase price.

I'm curious, are you just after legendary armor or are you after pve's legendary armor skin? If you're just after having legendary armor pvp already has it, if you want the pve skin, you're gonna have to put in work. Putting it in the gemstore sends the wrong kind of message to anet; that we would rather just give them money than have a game to play. Cosmetics can lead to more pay to play/win things down the road as they start to test what they can get away with.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Natto.5819 said:since I'm several months sober.

Congratulations. That's truly admirable.

Yeah I couldn't go without a beer or two. Or more when I think about the HoT achievements that I still haven't finished...

BTT: NO! If you're after the skins you'll have to go through the content, I personally don't care if you pay a guild to carry you through the raids or if you do them yourself. If you're after the luxury of beeing able to swap stats you could just play some pvp, you don't even have to win or even be good, you just have to play a bit. Or try WvW although it's quite a bit more effort there.

@Sephylon.4938 said:I'm curious, are you just after legendary armor or are you after pve's legendary armor skin? If you're just after having legendary armor pvp already has it, if you want the pve skin, you're gonna have to put in work. Putting it in the gemstore sends the wrong kind of message to anet; that we would rather just give them money than have a game to play. Cosmetics can lead to more pay to play/win things down the road as they start to test what they can get away with.Yeah, that's like the opposite of what most (I assume) of us would want. Play the content, not the store.

I played RIFT for some years and something they started doing after they went F2P was putting the next best armor in the store, for sale. They had promised the players they would never sell BiS, so while they kept their word, it still felt sneaky and cheap. And of course, they kept adding better and better armor so they could put more and more sets in the store. Anet sells Legendary armor, and next thing you know, they will come out with a Mythical tier to sell.

I guess enough people actually purchased armor to make it worth their while. Give an inch, they'll take a mile. Always.

@Natto.5819 said:I'm a decently good PvPer

Get it in pvp than.If you are good in pvp you are probably a good mechanical player, so join raider's inn for na or crossroads inn for eu, both are good guilds. You get gear along the way and maybe even make friends while raiding.

There are 3 core abilitys to obtain leggy armour, you are self bottle-necked on one and good to go on the others.

No reason to put it in the gem store, which would kill the actual good feeling for final finishing content w/o using a credit card.

@Danikat.8537 said:You're asking to pay real money for top tier equipment with special effects which currently only comes from completing some of the hardest content in the game. That is literally Pay-to-Win and therefore will almost certainly never happen in this game because the implications and the backlash from players would be huge.

I find it kinda ironic that the same players that were shouting for challenging group content and exclusive rewards for completing it to distinguish themselves from other players are now selling raid runs to those players they want to distinguish themselves from.

First they flame Anet for making gen1 leggie weapons tradeable but once they give exclusive leggie armor to raiders, they turn around and monetize it.

@Natto.5819 said:I'd like to make a serious suggestion. I want to have Legendary Armor, but I don't have the ability to get it in game. I'm a decently good PvPer, but don't have enough friends or gear to properly do Raids. Raid groups in LFG won't take me in parties because I'm weak. I admit that my PvE characters are not up to par. But while I don't have much in game, I now have a healthy bank account since I'm several months sober. I would love to invest some money into Gems, but the only thing that I want is transforming armor.

P2W, no thanx.

@Wanze.8410 said:

I find it kinda ironic that the same players that were shouting for challenging group content and exclusive rewards for completing it to distinguish themselves from other players are now selling raid runs to those players they want to distinguish themselves from.

First they flame Anet for making gen1 leggie weapons tradeable but once they give exclusive leggie armor to raiders, they turn around and monetize it.

They aren't the same players. Raid sellers are a very small part of the raiding community.

Archived