Please change moa

21 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I wanted to say several things, but apharma and agrippa literally said everything that needed to be said. Signet of humility is the natural answer to y'all degenerates getting carried by the most despicable builds (used to run it against flamethrower scrappers, back in the day). You might be forced to learn to play and that is good for you.

Funny though....mesmer is always at the forefront of those degenerate bunch, remember condi mirage? It got called degenerate from the same devs who made it and now we have virtuoso/chrono bunker rotating distortion into stealth.....leaving very little to no room to pressure a decently played mesmer....sounds like the very definition of degenerate gameplay

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 5/6/2023 at 3:18 AM, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Moa = best bunker buster in the game

They should keep it as it is and don‘t play Mesmer

Funny...the same class using Moa has a meta build.....called chrono bunker...the irony....I say we need something to counter distortion

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Funny...the same class using Moa has a meta build.....called chrono bunker...the irony....I say we need something to counter distortion

Countering distortion no, but devs giving some room to actually kill chronobunker would be very welcome. I wouldn't be against that, at all.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Funny though....mesmer is always at the forefront of those degenerate bunch, remember condi mirage? It got called degenerate from the save devs who made it and now we have virtuoso/chrono bunker rotating distortion into stealth.....leaving very little to no room to pressure a decently played mesmer....sounds like the very definition of degenerate gameplay

By the same train of thought it's always ele that is so degenerate it get 4-5 stacked whenever it's broken. Maybe we should use that as a weapon to go after elementalist and make sure that they have their arms and legs cut off so they're only dangerous in really boring unkillable builds that make the player want to lose as much as the enemy they're facing?
Moa is fine, it creates plays and a window to kill the enemy and certainly 2v2 and 3v3 is in no way a place to justify not just obliterating a skill but to turn it into a buff to the enemy. If anyone thinks it is then be VERY kitten careful because it'll be used against anything you enjoy on your own class.

Someone might say that I'm OK with distortion spam, I'm not, check through my post history. I made no friends in the mesmer forum saying distortion spam, signet of illusions, continuum split and blurred inscriptions need to be removed as they currently are, even though it will make mesmer shockingly bad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Recently i got defensively Moa-d by a chrono, who was trying to get away. I pecked him to death. And that gave me the idea: It would be funny to make moa last longer, but make the abilities on the bar actually dangerous. Like skill A stacks bleeding, skill B cripples bleeding enemies, skill C does more damage for each condition on the enemy etc... so if you moa an enemy, and you let him combo their skills, you will die before the bird turns back into the player.

Also... nerf thief!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Recently i got defensively Moa-d by a chrono, who was trying to get away. I pecked him to death. And that gave me the idea: It would be funny to make moa last longer, but make the abilities on the bar actually dangerous. Like skill A stacks bleeding, skill B cripples bleeding enemies, skill C does more damage for each condition on the enemy etc... so if you moa an enemy, and you let him combo their skills, you will die before the bird turns back into the player.

Also... nerf thief!

Do the same for my core engi AoE moa please 😛 So I can throw the elixir X toolbelt into a reflect and moa myself and turn into an unstoppable pecking machine!

Edited by Koensol.5860

as in wow, Moa should be only a control , if you do damage to it, you should break the effect (and the moa skills shoundn't have damage or control effects, only escape)

Actually this skill  is absolutely unfair.

Edited by Wayne.6253
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

the usual power chrono who wants to stealth, open continuum split and moa + try to oneshot" has 2 seconds stealth from signet of midnight so kite away if he goes into stealth. some also take decoy with 3s so actually nothing one cant handle.

If he moas then you can dodge it or use any other counters that have been posted here already.

counterplay against power chrono is condi as their only cleanse comes from weapons swapping sigils. they literally live from landing their burst and kill. if that fails they are on CD and done.

also you can hard preassure them from the start as soon a power chrono needs to use one of his skills for defensive movement like repositioning with blink or anything they are directly in weak position and much likely not able to land their attack properly anymore, force them into defensive use of their skill is directly bad for them.

nope power chrono is not any problem in spvp. one can even say it lacks damagein spvp and wvw indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

22 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

the usual power chrono who wants to stealth, open continuum split and moa + try to oneshot" has 2 seconds stealth from signet of midnight so kite away if he goes into stealth. some also take decoy with 3s so actually nothing one cant handle.

If he moas then you can dodge it or use any other counters that have been posted here already.

counterplay against power chrono is condi as their only cleanse comes from weapons swapping sigils. they literally live from landing their burst and kill. if that fails they are on CD and done.

also you can hard preassure them from the start as soon a power chrono needs to use one of his skills for defensive movement like repositioning with blink or anything they are directly in weak position and much likely not able to land their attack properly anymore, force them into defensive use of their skill is directly bad for them.

nope power chrono is not any problem in spvp. one can even say it lacks damagein spvp and wvw indeed.

Good thing all matches are 1v1 and no-one ever runs with anyone who can stack stealth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/6/2023 at 2:03 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Yet another example of why moves should reveal on cast not on hit. 

But since Anet wont do that, I propose an alternate solution. 

Buff Moa. 

If Chicken got hands, people will fear the chicken. 

No longer will our avian adversaries be forced to run away in fear. No, they will evade their way into the enemy lines and maul their target with such ferocity they'll rue the day they bestowed such power upon you. 

Oh give it the warrior banners that you carry. One for each hand/wing.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:03 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Buff Moa. 

No longer will our avian adversaries be forced to run away in fear. No, they will evade their way into the enemy lines and maul their target with such ferocity they'll rue the day they bestowed such power upon you. 

Solid iron take ofc

I definitely get the hangups with moa, but its so silly I think its worth attempting to keep around.

I'm a fan of the "If you cast moa on someone you take extreme damage from moas while the debuff is up." angle myself, but "skills that do lots of damage or cause significant effects should prereveal as part of the cast" is also important.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

they're not going to change it, its the only cc in the game that has 0 counterplay and its been there since launch. its been brought up countless times.

They changed it a couple times actually.  It wasnt always a signet, and the cooldown was adjusted some time ago as well. 

You can also dodge and block it etc etc

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

They changed it a couple times actually.  It wasnt always a signet, and the cooldown was adjusted some time ago as well. 

You can also dodge and block it etc etc

yep, "adjusted", they buffed it, and alacrity makes that 90s look like nothing.🙂op is gonna be so disappointed.😭many of em younglings have yet to learn, that them kittens are very good at farming salt. 🧂🍿

also dodge and block, anyone who actually fights knows its not as simple as dodge and block.

they guarantee it a lot of ways, they can bait your dodges, they can do it from stealth, you'd have to guess for the feint, its even worse in group play, they can land it while you are engaged, or chain cc'd into it. those are just some examples.

moa is actually a go-to skill for focusing and killing a single target since core.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

yep, "adjusted", they buffed it, and alacrity makes that 90s look like nothing.🙂op is gonna be so disappointed.😭many of em younglings have yet to learn, that them kittens are very good at farming salt. 🧂🍿

also dodge and block, anyone who actually fights knows its not as simple as dodge and block.

they guarantee it a lot of ways, they can bait your dodges, they can do it from stealth, you'd have to guess for the feint, its even worse in group play, they can land it while you are engaged, or chain cc'd into it. those are just some examples.

moa is actually a go-to skill for focusing and killing a single target since core.

I guess you forget or weren't around when they nerfed it to 6s duration (previously 10s) and Signet of Humility was not used on any mesmer spec. At a 3 minute cool down and all the other changes that happened it was far too easy (in sPvP) for people to not get hit by it but also to have allies peal for them or avoid damage for those 6s that people stopped using it until it finally had it's cool down reduced to match it's lower duration. Moa is balanced around 5v5, just like everything else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:03 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Buff Moa. 

this is actually not a bad idea at all. Really creative too.

Make the Moa very powerful into super chicken, so that it’s not just an I win button but a fun, and strategic tradeoff like scenario between the Mesmer and the player.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Moa is fine but I admit stealth cast moa does leave a bad taste. 

I like how people are "confused" about a post saying that invisibly turning someone into a chicken would leave a bad taste.   I suppose they are confused because maybe you'd assume Moa's taste good? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:57 PM, shion.2084 said:

Good thing all matches are 1v1 and no-one ever runs with anyone who can stack stealth.

this thread is about signet of humility and power chrono, not about stealth in general. and even if the mesmer brings a stealth friend you can kite their stealth and use any of the many possible terrain advantages like walls, crates, pillars, etc.

and wow to your enlightenment you can even use stealth yourself to detarget yourself from them...

learn to play instead of finding reasons why anything that happens to you is unfair...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

this thread is about signet of humility and power chrono, not about stealth in general. and even if the mesmer brings a stealth friend you can kite their stealth and use any of the many possible terrain advantages like walls, crates, pillars, etc.

and wow to your enlightenment you can even use stealth yourself to detarget yourself from them...

learn to play instead of finding reasons why anything that happens to you is unfair...

You should tell this guy to learn to play too... Probably some silver tier guy right... go post him and tell him learn to play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

My favorite part was when Shorts himself goes, "[Moa] is so broken! I mean, what can you do? It's so anti-fun!"

Yeah literally this video is the perfect response to moronic posts about L2P.   Saves me hours of arguing with the intellectually disadvantaged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1