Stories Locked Behind Raids [Merged]

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underworld was a raid in GW1 as well. Doesn't it make sense that it would be a raid in GW2 as well? Raids are part of the game, if you feel like you are missing out on any of the story either get a raid group together, or watch a stream. There are a lot of content creators out there that will be making videos on it, I am sure.

@Bullet.9271 said:Underworld was a raid in GW1 as well. Doesn't it make sense that it would be a raid in GW2 as well? Raids are part of the game, if you feel like you are missing out on any of the story either get a raid group together, or watch a stream. There are a lot of content creators out there that will be making videos on it, I am sure.

ya I appreciate that,Played gw1 with heros so its still off putting to me that gw2 doesn't have story mode or something for story content.Your suggestion for a raid group is cute since people who are successful at raids don't care about the story. Well that's my generalization of raiders anyhow.

Idk was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read patch notes.

@Wicked.5479 said:have you been looking at the LFG for raids? its like 150+ LI for any standard party for pugging. and making your own gets you nowhere 99 out of a 100 times.

While I understand the sentiment for Underworld being a key part of the GW universe... I have to say, outside of the LI requirements, this was no different for GW1 groups before heroes existed.

I would really encourage making your own group, and filter the players out that you don't want in your group. Then again, I have a "Dont care" attitude in general. I dont mind playing meta, prefer to play my own way, dont mind failure, as long as there is no teenage dramas.

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:The Underworld was locked behind a raid in GW1.. Why are you surprised? I am thrilled they returned the Underworld to the franchise :D

The difference being that GW1 had heros and a normal mode and a hardmode.

Not when prophesies was released.

Prophecies was released with a normal mode and people were soloing it with 55 monks lol.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:The Underworld was locked behind a raid in GW1.. Why are you surprised? I am thrilled they returned the Underworld to the franchise :D

The difference being that GW1 had heros and a normal mode and a hardmode.

Not when prophesies was released.

Prophecies was released with a normal mode and people were soloing it with 55 monks lol.

No people were farming the trash, they did not solo the instance.

Actually we are having a discord argument at the moment and I really want clarity:Was it possible to experience the complete story in GW1 for every player? And with complete I mean everything! (Buying runs not counted, obviously)

Because one of my guildie is stating that even in GW1 it wasn't possible for every player because there was hard content as well as in GW2 for a certain subset of players.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Actually we are having a discord argument at the moment and I really want clarity:Was it possible to experience the complete story in GW1 for every player? And with complete I mean everything! (Buying runs not counted, obviously)

Because one of my guildie is stating that even in GW1 it wasn't possible for every player because there was hard content as well as in GW2 for a certain subset of players.

DoA, UW, FoW, the Deep and Urgoz were probably too hard for many players unless they got into an experienced group. In GW1 though because of the build setups you could create invulnerable tanks which could solo some of these instances or part of them. So if you went into Ravenheart Gloom you could end up "completing the instance" but never really moving as an invulnerable ele or assassin tank murdered everything, because of this you maybe got more poor players having done these instances however they never actually did them as intended (Ravenheart Gloom done "the proper way" felt harder than GW2 raiding to me, for example).

GW1 definitely had content that every player could not and would not do.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Prophecies was released with a normal mode and people were soloing it with 55 monks lol.

You couldn't solo the Underworld with 55 monk :)

They added enchant-strip mobs solely to stop the 55 monk. They farmed it to pieces, no problem, before that change.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Prophecies was released with a normal mode and people were soloing it with 55 monks lol.

You couldn't solo the Underworld with 55 monk :)

They added enchant-strip mobs solely to stop the 55 monk. They farmed it to pieces, no problem, before that change.

There is an entire area covered with Shatter Enchantment from the very beginning, you're thinking of the Rend Enchantment mobs in the first room. You could not complete the Underworld solo at launch, the Four Horsemen would exterminate you.

@Wicked.5479 said:have you been looking at the LFG for raids? its like 150+ LI for any standard party for pugging. and making your own gets you nowhere 99 out of a 100 times.

Nowhere as in nobody groups with you or nowhere as in the groups fail?

@Wicked.5479 said:even in prophecies you could still clear UW with like 4 man easy. whereas this raidsystem is purely time/damagegated so doin it with just a few friends is near impossible

It’s not as much of a time and damage gate as you make it out to be. It’s designed to be 10-player content so playing it with less will make it difficult. It was a given that it would likely be a raid as it was the GW1 equivalent.

You could solo the uw in GWC with heroes in normal mode and maybe even in hard mode - didnt try since at the time you could take 7 heroes i didnt play that much anymore. And you could kill all the trash mobs solo - i did it several times, it was something like my living room. So it means yes, everyone could finish the uw if ppl wanted.

From me Thumb down, Anet for making a raid out of the UW - it was an Elite Mission, why didnt you keep it that way?

Archived