Yo CMC - the ele empire is here - all classes lose viability in the face of ele

CMC is a sub-par/very average player who has little-no understanding of PvP. I also have heard that he mains Ele. So, here's my guess: I think he's balancing ele for himself. He buffs it until he is happy with his own personal performance in games... and because he plays at a low level, it kicks the class into a much higher-tier performance state for anyone with half a brain.

I used to try to be gracious to him, but it's clear he is severely unfit for his position. I just don't get how it's been this bad for so long. It's a joke and all we get for it is his condescending smirk and discord comments mocking those who "cry" about his balance choices. 

Edited by N A T E.3108
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Yo CMC - 1 days left to the rise of the Ele Empire - It's not too late - You can make the difference
  • Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Yo CMC - rise of ele empire day - what happened

This post could be funny but its not, i like to play core ele, and making cata stronger will only get core nerfed. It was fun playing core with old scepter modifiers and 3 secs ss and it was a B tier build best case scenario.  Guess i'll have to enjoy this new earth trait and dagger off changes while they last.

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

This post could be funny but its not, i like to play core ele, and making cata stronger will only get core nerfed. It was fun playing core with old scepter modifiers and 3 secs ss and it was a B tier build best case scenario.  Guess i'll have to enjoy this new earth trait and dagger off changes while they last.

D/d cata still won’t be good. The most you are going to see is tempests and catalysts abusing scepter fire autos but now with free auras. Just wait until a catalyst with 25 might hurls through their fire field and you have 9+ burn stacks on you. Wait until a tempest does it too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Downstate.4697 said:

D/d cata still won’t be good. The most you are going to see is tempests and catalysts abusing scepter fire autos but now with free auras. Just wait until a catalyst with 25 might hurls through their fire field and you have 9+ burn stacks on you. Wait until a tempest does it too.

I'm already running this build, i run the exact build as FA but hybrid, sometimes wizards sometimes destroyer oe grieving (the one with more condi dmg) pretty easy to get 8+burning with quickness fire autos, without any condi/burning duration

Yeah, tempest may be more powerful since you can get away with a non arcane build

10 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

So they actually followed through with this patch, and told us at one point in the actual patch ones:

Profession Skills

• The balance team has been reviewing your feedback to the balance notes preview and making adjustments based on that.

Am I missing something? Because I don't see any changes.

Apparently all our feedback was deemed to suck and so the "adjustment"  was to not listen to us any further.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Wyrdern.4092 said:

well at least spectacular sphere is swiftness in pvp instead of quickness ... probably because air sphere already has quickness in pvp

That moment of horrific surprise though, when you realize the massive Ele buffs were not the stupidest things that have occurred from this patch.

It's like I want to make a private discord dedicated to players taking screens of & posting their facial reactions when seeing what this patch did to the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Yo CMC - ele empire rises and brings god tier bugs with it
On 6/27/2023 at 3:57 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That moment of horrific surprise though, when you realize the massive Ele buffs were not the stupidest things that have occurred from this patch.

It's like I want to make a private discord dedicated to players taking screens of & posting their facial reactions when seeing what this patch did to the game.

It's actually pretty balanced because DE can hit for 10k+ but Herald takes no damage, so effectively ele has been shifted out of the meta now in favor of only a 2 class system. Can't wait to see the next MAT with 5x DE vs 5x Herald. 🤡

Once again Anet proves to us that their vision is simply beyond our mortal understanding. Brb, going to pre-order the xpac now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

ayo where my mario bros at

His brother here!

...he miiight be on a "timeout", because he got a little too carried away, in the discussion with some dude saying Acrobatics Daredevil Backstabs will hit for 53k damage.....

Edited by Justin.1962
  • Haha 2

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Yo CMC - the ele empire is here - all classes lose viability in the face of ele
2 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Yeah if anet wants auras on signets the trait needs to give up retaining its passive bonus

Well now that Immortal Heralds and 1-shot Deadeyes have been disabled, everyone is just rolling Ele again. This is the same thing happening as when dragon tooth was first buffed. Bunch of AT games where there are 4-5 Eles on each team.

Ele is once again set so far apart from other classes in terms of power, that the meta is inevitably going to result in Ele builds highly dominating class representation and pushing any once viable builds completely out of viability. There'll be 2 or 3 Ele builds listed as meta, and maybe Bladesworn or some Mes spec might make it in.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3