Yo CMC - the ele empire is here - all classes lose viability in the face of ele

15 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Next expansion will be "Amulet masters". Ele will get cele amulet back.

Act 1 will be "The Celementalists" where raid of 50 players is tasked with taking down one Cele catalyst. 

They'll probably have to tune it down one week after release. 

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You will never find that type of answer by asking players on the forum as you will always receive a biased opinion from their perspective. What you can do instead is look into the mirror and ask yourself a set of simple questions:

1.  Do I think is fun and engaging to fight me on ele?
  2. Is it ok for me to be playing in such a wasteful way and still come out on top?

I see eles going: conjurer earth shield into arcane shield into fortified earth into Obsidian flesh into mist form (in some instances) into another arcane shield then back to 2nd conjure earth shield...all the while pushing forward condi PBaoe targets in a 240-360 radius...don't you think there is something wrong with that? I am asking this as somebody who played ele for thousand of hours and everybody knows it

I'mma keep it a buck with you chief, I play weaver so I can't comment how it feels to play Cata. I've stated plenty of times that I hate Cata and I've been playing only Weaver and Core Necro when Core Necro wasn't hit the bat three times over. From my personal experience when I was playing against Catas I had a mixed bag experience. Some games they were annoying, some games they got dogpiled, other games they got to free cast. I couldn't give you a solid 'it is really oppressive', simply a 'I know that this person is an ele main or not an ele main'.

As a Weaver, between WvW and PvP a lot of my matches were stalemates. In WvW specifically I had gotten one shot a couple of times by a specific Cata about three times. All the other ones either just stalemate'd until teammates came or just died because they had no idea what they were doing. Overall, I'll say it is oppressive if you never touched Ele or not used to fighting Eles. For people that are Ele mains that hate Cata as much as I do, the most you get is a stalement which can end up pretty boring.

Though, I will say, I don't think I've ever seen a Cata stack that many defensive skills on themselves. Like...at all. Earth Shield I've seen a few times and then obviously focus, but never both. I've seen them use Arcane Shield + Lightning Flash more than Earth Shield. But, I'm assuming people just like to stack ALL defensive utilities just to mess with people in Conquest, so it's believable. 

Now if I believe something is wrong with having all of those defensives? Yea. Obviously. If I had it my way I'd just nerf the heck out of Earth Shield and then up the cool down on Arcane Shield. Signet change should be reverted because honestly I..personally don't get WHY they put auras on signets???? There's a lot more but I'd be here all day listing out proper changes.

• Confused 1

Elementalist just needs a rework tbh. Imo they should increase the potency of every Elementalists weaponskill but also impose a big 4-8 sec global cooldown between switching attunements. Keep the weaver as the faster attunement juggler iteration. I know many people would oppose this but as someone who played this class on and off since beta I disagree.

Attunement juggling and conscious decision-making/reactive-playstyle are way too hard for the average human to achieve simultaneously. So Elementalist is either very bad because it is actually close to balanced and people can't reconcile spamming and proper decision-making  of their abilities OR Elementalist is mega broken because just spamming by itself is an effective playstyle/strategy. Sure you can incorporate some reaction and awareness into your spamming and thus good ele players do exist but perfect play is almost impossible.

You can't go on like this! Not only is it a balance nightmare but it also is not even a fun concept anymore. Without that much freedom in swapping attunements they could have the most broken abilities but they would still be constraint based on the fact that each attunement swap is a commitment and there are clear windows of total vulnerability to abuse against them. On the other hand, this slowdown would give the player time to actually use the kitten skills situationally instead of juggling like a monkey trying to upkeep boons and use cooldowns. I hope they take this approach in the future or maybe gw3?!?! 😄

Edited by Avead.5760
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:29 PM, Eddie.9143 said:

Maybe if we all start reaching out to NCSoft as a community to let them know how there's corruption happening within the company. There is too much evidence to ignore, and if they start deleting posts or banning people for discussing it, it's just them trying to cover their tracks, so screenshot everything along with downloading the videos and proof of internal collusion 

Use RocketReach.  You'll find all the email addresses you'll need.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

About those low coefficients, having Demo + Transference is more heal than having Avatar with no transference, to put things into perspective. So with Lingering Light +20% an transference sigils, that's really all the heal you need. Trying to aim at the +500 heal for +10% more heals, is just kind of moot. Go test it out, you'll see what I mean.

Sure, in a vacuum, avatar doesn't drastically increase healing throughput on single skills, however it does add up

Blast finishers heal 15% more with avatar, BUT they hit multiple people so it ends up healing much more than you realize. You need to take the AoE aspect of Druid healing into consideration. Lunar Impact heals a whopping 40% more with avatar. 

A few more things to consider with avatar is its drastic increase of rejuvenation and residual self healing from Signet of Renewel(50ish% increase) and Live Vicariously(Druid minor trait). Healing Spring dropped on a node which everyone is fighting on, such as Capricorn bell, or Skyhammer cannon is max value via so much rejuvination. As I stated before, avatar healing doesn't seem like a lot,  but druids AoE healing nature is where the ammy compounds in value. 

Using an offensive ammy on a support druid build can work and if it fits your playstyle, that's great. It's effective, but that doesn't mean avatar is useless. I actually tried a couple games using zerker ammy and the healing on average difference was around 250k vs 500k+. Your damage is more lethal, but your healing throughput will suffer. Dmg ammys will of course facilitate a strong 1v1 presence where avatar will not. If you plan on pushing far solo, demolishers is much better ofc. 

I think if I tried running a more offensive Druid support build, I'd focus on daze chains by equipping Mesmer Runes and potentially taking Blood Moon. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Go to the first page of this thread, click the patch notes there, and read.

Not the answer i hoped for but ok i did that. Some offhand dagger QoL changes and cd reduction to compensate for trait removal. Still no idea what core build is S-Tier with that tbh.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Not the answer i hoped for but ok i did that. Some offhand dagger QoL changes and cd reduction to compensate for trait removal. Still no idea what core build is S-Tier with that tbh.

Core isn't what's ultra mode, even though it is the most viable core spec now. It's the specializations that are out of whack.

I did a tier rank of all specs in this thread, this is what I estimated, this is what's going on:

1. Core War = 7
  2. Berserker = 8
  3. Spellbreaker = 8
  4. Bladesworn = 9
  5. Core Guard = 7
  6. Dragonhunter = 8
  7. Firebrand = 5
  8. Willbender = 8
  9. Core Rev = 6
  10. Herald = 7.5
  11. Renegade = 6
  12. Vindicator = 8.5
  13. Core Engi = 6
  14. Scrapper = 8
  15. Tool Holo = 8
  16. Mechanist = 6
  17. Core Thief = 6
  18. Daredevil = 8
  19. Deadeye = 7.5
  20. Specter = 7
  21. Core Ranger = 7
  22. Druid = 9
  23. Soulbeast = 8
  24. Untamed = 8
  25. Core Necro = 6
  26. Reaper = 9
  27. Scourge = 5
  28. Harbinger = 8
  29. Core Mesmer = 7
  30. Chronomancer = 9
  31. Mirage = 8
  32. Virtuoso = 9
  33. Core Ele = 8.5
  34. Tempest = 12
  35. Weaver = 12
  36. Catalyst = 15

There are also a bunch of other Ele buffs in previous patches that you missed, that the recent patch doesn't mention, like Scepter 2 Dragon Tooth now being a skill that locks above your head and follows you no matter where you go.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I'd rank sword Weaver at 8/10 personally. 

It's a good sidenoder. It's one of the  builds that people can't just mash their teleports onto, outnumber it, and instantly blow it up. Sword has good sustain. Good defensive tools. Great pressure (if you can land it). They're one of the best outnumbered builds which is great for a sidenoder. 

On the other hand. Sword weavers are slow to rotate, they're lacking in mobility to escape a bad fight, especially against the hyper mobile classes we have now. They struggle to chase/secure kills. They can get overhwhelmed by condi bombs. They're very good at cleansing small stacks of condis over time, but they lack good burst cleanse. They only have one reliable CC, so good stunbreak use or a well timed dodge will keep them from blowing you up. Builds with spammable chills, or the ability to load them up with condis + immobilize can bully them. 

The weaknesses of the build balance it out and for that reason, I think weaver is balanced. I have few complaints whenever I fight one. 

Scepter weaver on the other hand... My biggest gripe with Scepter is the AWFUL telegraphs on the weapon. It's very difficult, if not impossible to react to their damage and avoid it. Some of it is instant. Some of it is so quick it's functionally instant (Phoenix + Lightning flash). Dragon's Tooth literally can't miss. Scepter is just a terribly designed weapon for PvP. Some of the skills would have good visual tells... but by the time you see the visual the burst has already hit you.  

The biggest, and frankly best nerf they can give ele. Fix their skill telegraphs. Make it so that players can CLEARLY see the big burst flying at their face and play around it. And delete the latch on from Dragons' Tooth. They just needed to make it fall down faster. (Do the same to Ice spike while they're at it). 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Thats wild. Virts been straight up dumpstered. Not sure how it's a 9. 

The wild thing is mirage being an 8 while untamed is an 8. Untamed staright up dumpstered mirage when Boyce and Mischa were fighting. It was close once when Boyce didn't realise he was running powerblock.

Then again this is what to expect from biased forumlings who hate mesmer and claim their class is weak. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

17 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

The wild thing is mirage being an 8 while untamed is an 8. Untamed staright up dumpstered mirage when Boyce and Mischa were fighting. It was close once when Boyce didn't realise he was running powerblock.

Then again this is what to expect from biased forumlings who hate mesmer and claim their class is weak. 🤭

I think he managed to get him to 50% once, then he just used healing skill to be back to full 😄

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

You're comparing 1v1s.

The chart is to compare efficiency overall in conquest.

Untamed gets dumpstered by Ele, Reaper, and Bladesworn right now, and since those classes are so prevalent, it is definitely on par with Mirage in its limitations in conquest.

So don't get confused.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You're comparing 1v1s.

The chart is to compare efficiency overall in conquest.

Untamed gets dumpstered by Ele, Reaper, and Bladesworn right now, and since those classes are so prevalent, it is definitely on par with Mirage in its limitations in conquest.

So don't get confused.

Ok but Virt is literally a dead class. So why is it a 9? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

-Favoritism- 

"The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines favoritism as “the unfair practice of treating some people better than others”. In the corporate world, the implications of favoritism are far-reaching in their influence to promote a toxic culture that destroys engagement, commitment and integrity.

Favoritism is one of most destructive problems for any organization. Playing favoritism not only undermines integrity as the leading value of organizations and teams, but actually promotes a toxic culture. In a toxic culture, distrust becomes more prevalent than character.

Unfortunately, in a toxic culture, where favoritism is an evident reality to most people, individuals end up replicating the wrong behaviors. Leaders have a great responsibility in building the type of culture that transmits the behaviors that they want the organization to embrace."

As Anet Intentionally continues to practice, embrace and reward Favoritism, they are also Intentionally promoting a Toxic Culture for Guild Wars 2 Reputation

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 4

On 7/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, Grimjack.8130 said:

it is quite funny to see people actively think the jade sphere has quickness now in pvp, hard to think any of the feedback can be relevant when you actively dont know what traits on said build do, genuine feedback for you guys 🙂

Grim you're the guy who thought virtuoso projectiles are affected by quickness, go back to your hole and stop acting like you knew anything about mechanics.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1