Place your bets! Which class will come out on top tomorrow

Eddie.9143

Place your bets! Who win come out on top tomorrow?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Place your bets, which class will come out on top tomorrow

• Ele
    • Ranger
    • Mesmer
    • Guard
    • Warrior
    • Thief
    • Rev
    • Necro
    • Engi

31 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Once again, Anet Toxic Culture of Favoritism... will guarantee Thief Profession and Elementalist Profession to come out on top tomorrow

Thief favored, Wtf? Man even if u hate thief and its design u cannot look at the history of thief changes and say the class is favored, even if uve got a huge bias against the class. Ele hasn't had much favoritism towards it throughout much of the games history, though yes currently it seems to be getting the best treatment as of late.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Given the patch preview ele clearly wins. I would suspect that given how much kitten they are getting for their blatant favoritism it will get some tune downs in the actual notes though, or at least as a hot fix.

I can't see them letting the exact notes go live without having adjusted some values and correcting some cooldown oversights on their end. Sending it how they have it now would be a slap in the face lol 

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Thief favored, Wtf? Man even if u hate thief and its design u cannot look at the history of thief changes and say the class is favored, even if uve got a huge bias against the class. Ele hasn't had much favoritism towards it throughout much of the games history, though yes currently it seems to be getting the best treatment as of late.

Thief was meta for longer than any other class for competitive if you look at ESL/Worlds etc history.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I could allready see Berserker Rifle warrs running around and spaming the 4 Button cause this Skill will now be an instant evade, Deal good amount of dmg, does stack some vulnerabipity, get only 1 second cd. Aside this meme....... Clearly ele is again the winner of the patch ^^

• Confused 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

voted mesmer, someone somewhere told me core mesmer will be strong.
I 100% trust them, for real for real
also mirage with 2 dodges, sheeeesh gonna be so toxic

100% Mirage will be the OP sleeper in this patch. Two dodges = god mode. That's what all the top pvpers tell me. 🙃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

100% Mirage will be the OP sleeper in this patch. Two dodges = god mode. That's what all the top pvpers tell me. 🙃

ye, every mesmer that quit is installing the game RN. misha is making mirage presets, shorts is reinstalling for the 5th time and helseth even stopped making racist jokes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Thief was meta for longer than any other class for competitive if you look at ESL/Worlds etc history.

Thats not really true though. The time where we had big tournaments, like ESL and Worlds, includes a lot of HoTs meta. During which thief was at best mediocre and at worst not even viable. If you look at ESL, out of 8 possible teams, exactly 2 had thief. The only class less represented than thief was Guardian. Likewise, for worlds (the one time we had them), out of 6 teams only 2 had thief. This time beating out 2 classes, Warrior and Guardian, but still the 3rd-least brought class. 

If you include MATs, this MIGHT be true though. I say might because its actually hard to say exactly, Elementalist was top tier for the longest continuous time, from the start of the game until the middle of PoF (or late PoF?), but then it had a prolonged period of unviability, before recently returning as the broken build again, while thief was great during late PoF, early EoD and has now fallen off as well. I think overall its probably still Ele at the top though, then thief.

1 hour ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

WHO HAD DEADEYE LOL

Well Ironically Rev is an arguable contender.... 50 damage only per hit!... I mean sure DE can do massive crits, but Herald takes no damage!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1857317524

So I'm arguing herald wins!   Cause you get a team with 5 of those and you sit on 2 nodes... and ... you win.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1