Secrets of the Obscure

You have got to be kidding me! after 2 years and this is it?

HOT, POF, EOD = new specs, gliding, mounts, skiffs, fishing and this one literally a story and now we can use weapons we were already using, what a joke of an expansion and at that price, you are kidding me! Those who defend Anet and say it's so hyped, exciting etc what are you hyped and excited about? paying all that money for some story and use the same weapons you are already using?  delusional Lol

Sadly, this game has come to an end, nothing new and getting stale. Such a shame as I enjoyed my time here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

Expansion just contains a large list of features that are things people have directly asked for over the years.

• New way to get sky scale
  • New leg armour
  • Unlock elite spec weapons from elite spec
  • New weapons
  • Mounts using updrafts
  • Going to the wizards tower
Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

This has to be the worst "expansion" announcement I have ever seen!

So Living Story is now being replaced by small annual expansions at a premium?

Yes.

You realize that the game doesn't make itself, right?  There's a large team of developers and they need to make a living.  There's a ton of tech that needs to be maintained.  All of that costs money.

Welcome to 2023.  You got YEARS of content basically for free... you can suck it up and pay ANet once a year for more content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Thandaer.8105 said:

They might go with events, as in awakened invasions. Just pop ups all over the place, now with bigger (I HOPE) importance,

Yeah that seems fun. As long as it's not reversable full zone landscape changes, like Kessex. I never liked that. But having big invasions that last a period of time and the sky goes red in the area, etc, but it reverts back at the end, that would be a lot of fun.

38 minutes ago, ChuddaCHOO.4723 said:

You have got to be kidding me! after 2 years and this is it?

HOT, POF, EOD = new specs, gliding, mounts, skiffs, fishing and this one literally a story and now we can use weapons we were already using, what a joke of an expansion and at that price, you are kidding me! Those who defend Anet and say it's so hyped, exciting etc what are you hyped and excited about? paying all that money for some story and use the same weapons you are already using?  delusional Lol

Sadly, this game has come to an end, nothing new and getting stale. Such a shame as I enjoyed my time here.

It's $25...that's like the price of two cheeseburger meals for how many hours of entertainment.  Boo hoo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

so we pay the same for anet providing less and less each x pac?

no elites but new weapon....s ( Pistol on Guardian what a waste ths could been a great Elite)

so u just got urself rid of a huge work load.

legendary armor... pass not spending and grinding hc for a skin only (already have legendary)

so its a Icebrood saga expansion?

anything special on this x pac? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cameryn.5310 said:

Yes.

You realize that the game doesn't make itself, right?  There's a large team of developers and they need to make a living.  There's a ton of tech that needs to be maintained.  All of that costs money.

Welcome to 2023.  You got YEARS of content basically for free... you can suck it up and pay ANet once a year for more content.

u have no idea how much games from cashshops making, its the main inc of even games with a sub...

• Confused 1

Just now, jokke.6239 said:

How often will there be these expansions? Any word on that?

But say it's $25 every 6 months, that's not much compared to paying $15 a month on a sub

It's a roughly yearly cycle if I read the previous blog correctly. So once a year/every 18 months ish

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It's a roughly yearly cycle if I read the previous blog correctly. So once a year/every 18 months ish

That's also a lot more frequent than the bigger expansions.

Allthough lack of living world episodes (if any?).

I'll have to see how it plays out in the long run, if we will get more content for increase in spending

But $25 every year doesn't seem very extreme to me

Just now, jokke.6239 said:

That's also a lot more frequent than the bigger expansions.

Allthough lack of living world episodes (if any?).

I'll have to see how it plays out in the long run, if we will get more content for increase in spending

But $25 every year doesn't seem very extreme to me

Living world seasons/episodes are gone. We get one extra map later and the rest of the content is given to other modes and instances if everything goes to plan. So for $25 2 launch maps, one outpost. 1 map later and associated story/instances

• Like 3

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

Living world seasons/episodes are gone. We get one extra map later and the rest of the content is given to other modes and instances if everything goes to plan. So for $25 2 launch maps, one outpost. 1 map later and associated story/instances

thx for the info!

Looking forward to seeing how it will be implemented

3 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Yeah that seems fun. As long as it's not reversable full zone landscape changes, like Kessex. I never liked that. But having big invasions that last a period of time and the sky goes red in the area, etc, but it reverts back at the end, that would be a lot of fun.

I dont mind a broken bridge here or burning trees there, if event fails (something small, but punishing; like the destroyed bridge in Snowden I believe? Where you have to walk the long way around, if you fail the repair event).

But another tower of nightmares, scattered all over the Kessex? Yea, that could've been solved more elegantly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

u have no idea how much games from cashshops making, its the main inc of even games with a sub...

You have absolutely no idea what percentage the cash shop contributes to Guild Wars 2's overall financial success, versus the amount they get from expansions.  None of us do.  It's not published.  So that's just an opinion, not a fact.

And it means nothing anyway.  They've moved to a yearly "pay for an expansion" model without a subscription, that's the simple fact.  You can take it or leave it, as can I, as can anyone.  If you want to play completely free, there's an entire game (what's currently available today) at no cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Expansion just contains a large list of features that are things people have directly asked for over the years.

• New way to get sky scale
  • New leg armour
  • Unlock elite spec weapons from elite spec
  • New weapons
  • Mounts using updrafts
  • Going to the wizards tower

Exactly which is really great actually. They have looked into what the community wants. 

Even if i maybe dont agree on some parts to put the effort into it. I know a lot of people from the community loves those bits. I think its great what they are doing. For now well done. 

I would love to create that legendary armor and the new skills on the skyscale. 

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's $25...that's like the price of two cheeseburger meals

Wow, I guess fast food is a bit overpriced where you live then? 😄

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

for how many hours of entertainment.

We don't know yet for how many, and since it's only two maps but only 5 bucks cheaper than previous expansions, I believe people have a right to be concerned.