Hardware Ban the Cheaters/Wintraders. Fire Any Colluders. We need to Reset PvP

Yerlock.4678

17 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

sounds good but how?

Hardware ID, IP, and permaban the wintraders and blatant cheaters

Remove the account name-changing feature. Its pointless and exploitable.

Force Anet partners to show some quality control when hosting their tournies. Do not allow anyone participating to play on alts, and if they do, bar their entire team from participating in the tourny.

And remove or split DuoQ in ranked.

Simple as

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The community is so ridiculous smal lat this point it would be very easy to do.

It’s like tumors- people don’t want to cut these players out of the game because they say it’ll kill the community.

reality- they are killing it.

cut the players out like a tumor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

This game mode is a joke. They didn't do anything the ESL league wanted them to do and they are a legitimate gaming organization for competitive play. Why in any universe will they listen to you or their community?

You are just blowing air up a monkeys as,s when you ask for these things

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Remove the account name-changing feature. Its pointless and exploitable.

This would be a gigantic wrench in the plans of people trying to offload gizmo accounts and should be considered. 

Or do what steam does and say "This account has also played as:" 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The community is so ridiculously small at this point, it would be very easy to do.

There's pushback for no discernable reason. Like @Dantheman.3589 said I think it boils down to people being afraid of "muh low population" As if losing 10-20 cheats and their alts per server would do anything but boost the population and give them a chance to try.

The people who cite the low population as the reason PvP can never change have completely abandoned hope and faith. That never stops them from complaining just as much as the rest of us though. Its hip to hate on PvP but to suggest improving it is forbidden 🙃

34 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This would be a gigantic wrench in the plans of people trying to offload gizmo accounts and should be considered. 

Or do what steam does and say "This account has also played as:" 

Easy as breakfast. An AKA would go a long way, especially in a game like guildie where there is no good reason to changing your account name. Not like anyone is forgetting theirs when logging in because you don't use it when logging in and it isn't tied to display name.

So the only 2 reasons people have for changing it is if they wrote something funny for their user which the mods didn't like, or because they intend to share the account with someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:04 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

There's pushback for no discernable reason. Like @Dantheman.3589 said I think it boils down to people being afraid of "muh low population" As if losing 10-20 cheats and their alts per server would do anything but boost the population and give them a chance to try.

The people who cite the low population as the reason PvP can never change have completely abandoned hope and faith. That never stops them from complaining just as much as the rest of us though. Its hip to hate on PvP but to suggest improving it is forbidden 🙃

Hi. I'm new to PvP. I tried it out, I loved the gameplay. I'm also part of a guild that almost entirely consists of noobs. A lot of them joined me in trying out PvP - they loved it as well. There is a lot of potential. After just a handful of unranked matches, we decided we wanted to "get good" at some point. But then I went researching. What I found was a community almost devoid of any transfer of knowledge, full of very aggressive people and when I googled how to get the basics straight and improve, what I found first were stories about "wintrading", "gizmo selling", "leaderbord gatekeeping", literal harassment of people through alt accounts. It was like a trainwreck, I couldn't look away. "ANet refuses to do anything", "convicted cheaters, RMTer, etc. got unbanned immediately" (and re-partnered, it seems like). But it got even worse. "Team USA Has Monetized Anet Partner Exclusive Rewards", Teapot practically gave away the most exclusive thing to sellers, ANet deletes all mentions of perpetrators from the forums, tries to censor Reddit instead of f-ing doing something. I could continue, the rabbit hole is deep.

This is what we as aspiring PvPers see when we try to learn about the game mode. It's catastrophic. And I personally got the impression that ANet by now actually supports it being that way. Not only talking about the personal connections between "certain people," but overall. (Edit: Meaning I think they know exactly who does what. They know of the account sharing, of certain figures hiring people to farm them AP because they're mentally ill and can't stop investing in the game, they know of the account name changes before something gets dropped onto sites I'm probably not allowed to name. You can't tell me with a straight face that they don't know about that stuff. That they could be fooled by changing account names. That's ridiculous. Of course they can track all of that back. I feel like they decided that they do not want this to end - for whatever reason! - and that honestly makes me angry.) And I get that a lot of people can't hear the complaints anymore but if it wasn't for some person mentioning this on the forums or on Reddit every few days, I would have given up on the community. So, please don't stop these posts. Even if it's been the same content for years.

And the worst - or best? - of it all is that all the above stuff aside, it's still simply an enjoyable game mode with loads of gameplay potential. Even after all those years of neglect and deliberate damaging. It would be so incredibly easy to fix and I guarantee you, with just a little bit of care and attention the PvP player base would multiply in a heartbeat.

Edited by MasterMind.3267
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MasterMind.3267 said:

Hi. I'm new to PvP. I tried it out, I loved the gameplay. I'm also part of a guild that almost entirely consists of noobs. A lot of them joined me in trying out PvP - they loved it as well. There is a lot of potential. After just a handful of unranked matches, we decided we wanted to "get good" at some point. But then I went researching. What I found was a community almost devoid of any transfer of knowledge, full of very aggressive people and when I googled how to get the basics straight and improve, what I found first were stories about "wintrading", "gizmo selling", "leaderbord gatekeeping", literal harassment of people through alt accounts. It was like a trainwreck, I couldn't look away. "ANet refuses to do anything", "convicted cheaters, RMTer, etc. got unbanned immediately" (and re-partnered, it seems like). But it got even worse. "Team USA Has Monetized Anet Partner Exclusive Rewards", Teapot practically gave away the most exclusive thing to sellers, ANet deletes all mentions of perpetrators from the forums, tries to censor Reddit instead of f-ing doing something. I could continue, the rabbit hole is deep.

Divine blessings 🙏I'm glad you're enjoying it and I agree completely that gw2 has some of the best action combat PvP of any other major MMO out there but its muddied by toxicity and of course the cheating/wintrading. If it was just outright terrible I don't think any of us would be here because without hope there would be no purpose to any of this. Overall though there's very little we can do if Anet decides they want to support and partner with cheaters and content creators that enable said cheaters. We win either way because while the PvP is still enjoyable, the wintrading is effective at removing any and all desire to 'git gud' as they say. So either the wintraders get banned or the population continues to shrink until we reach a point where it is no longer worth it for them. The partnered streamers who offer them exclusive rewards certainly aren't helping anyone though and they're massive hypocrites to tell people 'wintrading bad' and deny any responsibility for their part in it.

This is what we as aspiring PvPers see when we try to learn about the game mode. It's catastrophic. And I personally got the impression that ANet by now actually supports it being that way. Not only talking about the personal connections between "certain people," but overall. (Edit: Meaning I think they know exactly who does what. They know of the account sharing, of certain figures hiring people to farm them AP because they're mentally ill and can't stop investing in the game, they know of the account name changes before something gets dropped onto sites I'm probably not allowed to name. You can't tell me with a straight face that they don't know about that stuff. That they could be fooled by changing account names. That's ridiculous. Of course they can track all of that back. I feel like they decided that they do not want this to end - for whatever reason! - and that honestly makes me angry.) And I get that a lot of people can't hear the complaints anymore but if it wasn't for some person mentioning this on the forums or on Reddit every few days, I would have given up on the community. So, please don't stop these posts. Even if it's been the same content for years.

Its most definitely collusion or at the very least turning a blind eye, which may as well be collusion. If Arenanet is truly acting(or not acting at all) out of ignorance then they'll have good people like us to remind them that their actions or lack thereof have consequences.

That which was will be again. That which dieth will live. That which falleth will rise back up. All it takes is to believe in something greater. 🙏

And the worst - or best? - of it all is that all the above stuff aside, it's still simply an enjoyable game mode with loads of gameplay potential. Even after all those years of neglect and deliberate damaging. It would be so incredibly easy to fix and I guarantee you, with just a little bit of care and attention the PvP player base would multiply in a heartbeat.

100% it would. I can only speak for myself but I would stop fighting the suspensions and censorship and probably stop posting on here altogether if they would just invest even the slightest amount of effort into instilling some competitive integrity to the game and go back to playing it. Great pastime beneath the garbage, but there's a whole heap of garbage to clear away in order to see it for what it is.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, MasterMind.3267 said:

But it got even worse. "Team USA Has Monetized Anet Partner Exclusive Rewards"

About that, one of my three links I used in my suspicious websites topic (who have been hidden because of forums' rules) was about that famous video and it have been brought to the attention of Rubi. The developpers should be aware about the problem now so. We will see in the next few months.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

This is the only game i've ever played that absolutely NEEDS a CAPTCHA to prevent people from releasing their 10,000 gw2 bots lol. 

You want to know what's terrifying?

You could tell ChatGPT to start making f2p GW2 accounts and learn how to play it, and that AI could seriously learn to play the game like ultra efficiently with lightning reflexes and run thousands of accounts at once.

If it isn't being done already, this is definitely something that is going to happen to gaming in the very very near future.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, MasterMind.3267 said:

You have to understand you are on the forum. This is an extremely small but passionate subset of the GW2 population. If you never came on here and saw people complaining about wintrading it would never have been a problem for you. It is a massively overexaggerated problem that affects a pretty tiny fraction of the PvP population. You said it yourself, you have been enjoying PvP. Keep enjoying it. Nothing is stopping you from doing that right now but yourself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You want to know what's terrifying?

You could tell ChatGPT to start making f2p GW2 accounts and learn how to play it, and that AI could seriously learn to play the game like ultra efficiently with lightning reflexes and run thousands of accounts at once.

If it isn't being done already, this is definitely something that is going to happen to gaming in the very very near future.

I watched a 13 year old boy take on 3 max9 AI in ss melee like cake. Don't underestimate the human. Our species will clap AI, it had a box, we don't. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

I watched a 13 year old boy take on 3 max9 AI in ss melee like cake. Don't underestimate the human. Our species will clap AI, it had a box, we don't. 

I love how Level 9 bot's on Melee is the game that will forever be brought up when fighting hard AI 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

You have to understand you are on the forum. This is an extremely small but passionate subset of the GW2 population. If you never came on here and saw people complaining about wintrading it would never have been a problem for you. It is a massively overexaggerated problem that affects a pretty tiny fraction of the PvP population. You said it yourself, you have been enjoying PvP. Keep enjoying it. Nothing is stopping you from doing that right now but yourself. 

Well, despite the fact that you're partially right, that's not entirely my point. Yes, I am also quite sure that wintrading is probably never going to affect me personally. But there's more to it. If top players are hacking and don't get banned, everybody can do it. If account buying and gizmo selling is not a problem, at some point buyers will ruin my games, or people smurfing to get their next account ready. And the latter isn't a small problem either since people who painstakingly track alts of top players estimate that there are several dozen alt accounts on the top leaderboards alone. The list is much longer but you might get the point. More importantly even is the fact that it will definitely affect me personally in a more general sense because it ruins the reputation and attractiveness of the game mode itself. With no new people coming in, it messes with everybody down to the lowest ranks. You said these are the forums - but I was not talking about the forums initially. Not exclusively, anyway. When I tried to learn about PvP in general, not looking for problems specifically, I immediately encountered all of those subjects - here, yes, but even more so on Reddit and YouTube (because of Google's prioritzation I guess). If you're a completely ignorant casual, indeed you're probably never going to hear about this. But if you're actually interested, maybe like an "ambitioned casual on their way to intermediate" or whatever, you cannot avoid learning about the stuff. You WILL expect to be affected by some of it, be it wintrading, hacking, ladder gatekeeping, personal harassment for criticizing this behavior, or even just afking and botting. Those two are not directly related to certain people's actions, of course, but if PvP was in a more respectable state, those issues would for sure get attacked by ANet so there is some sort of realtion.

Anyway, you can obviously resort to just telling anyone and everyone, "Don't overthink it, you will never get good enough for this to be an actual problem for you," but in the end, all best players have to start as noobs. Even if it's just a small percentage, you do deter all of those who actually want to get to the top from even trying to improve and that's the literal nail in the coffin for the upper ranks. What I'm trying is to is that yes, most people don't need to worry about their experience being ruined by top players wintrading. But there's much, much more to it that you cannot simply ignore if you want PvP as a whole to survive at all.

By the way, I would guess that if there was any motivation for new players to actually grind getting good so that we had at least somewhat of a sizeable population at high skill levels, all this "Cartel" and clique and gatekeeping and night queuing and match manipulation stuff wouldn't even be possible. In my noob guild alone there are like 10+ people who said they were willing to actually practice and organize stuff for PvP until they learned about what's going on. And that's a noob guild that existed for a couple of weeks. With a bit of care and incentives, PvP could easily gain multiple thousands more active players over night. But it would require some sort of purge, I guess.

15 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

That which was will be again. That which dieth will live. That which falleth will rise back up. All it takes is to believe in something greater. 🙏

Thank you for all the kind words. I think if PvP in this game finally falls, it will rise up in a different game maybe but not here 😄 I'm not sure about the collusion thing. It's tempting to think of something like that because it's really hard to come up with any other explanation for what's going on but I personally hate jumping to "some sort of conspiracy" conclusions. Moreover, I'm on the fence concerning the people who actually organize and do all this stuff. I've briefly chatted with someone who knows a lot of those people personally and it doesn't seem like all of them are bad human beings or something in any way - though several definitely are, as is common knowledge, I guess. Still, you can see some of the accused people uploading videos of (fairly played) matches with voice chat, class or technique guides or stream. They seem to be friendly and nice. But then you see chat logs of a third party talking about them saying how they negotiated for mAT wins and stuff. I would love to hear why they're doing this. Are they just so incredibly bored where they're at? Do they think that if there's no competition anyway that they can just make the best (as in $$$) of it? The person I talked to just said, as ANet didn't care when some people started doing it, everyone else stopped caring as well. Now if you're a new player getting really good, they approach you and you either join them in their endeavour or some of their more malicious members are going to make sure PvP becomes hell on Earth for you. But from what it sounded like most of those who make it that far simply feel good about being allowed to profit from it as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MasterMind.3267 said:

This!

Honestly the veterans are just too full of pride and ego. Watch shorty on youtube and you'll see with him uttering 5 sentemces what is wrong with the veteran pvp community. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 28/06/2023 at 15:53, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

ID de hardware, IP e permaban os wintraders e trapaceiros descarados

Remova o recurso de alteração de nome kitten conta. É inútil e explorável.

Force os parceiros kitten Anet a mostrar algum controle de qualidade ao hospedar seus torneios. Não permita que nenhum participante jogue em alts e, se o fizer, impeça toda a equipe de participar do torneio.

E remova ou divida o DuoQ na classificação.

Simples como

I am with you! 💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Let's not forget when content creators said that us talking about these issues was worse for the game because more people would see that there are problems. 

Don't blame Anet for not fixing the issues and making them worse. No it's the playerbase's fault. 

Previously banned players are back and still breaking tos. Selling accounts/gizmos. No new maps. Maps temporarily removed to be never updated and reintroduced. Failing match making system. Duo queue. Character swapping mid match. Report system being useless. Bots. Afkers. Removing amulets. Removing courtyard. Abandoned stronghold immediately. February 2020. Etc

• Like 3

8 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

lol that old gamecube AI is nothing compared to ChatGPT and what's to come ^^

Bruh that thing would read each individual human player it was ever against and begin statistically reading everything they do, recording and perfectly remembering everyone's own personal telegraphs, and boy could it interrupt your heal skill perfectly every time.

They'd likely need to program a game AI like that to purposely make errors so humans could keep up.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2