stop buffing the world bosses!! - nerf them back

BTW, most fun I've had fighting dear old SB was a week or two ago, when only a few players were in attendance. Despite SB's shadowy best efforts and way (way way) too many rounds of ring-around-the-portals, we persevered and sent him packing with less than ten seconds left on the clock. It was kinda GLORIOUS.

Some actual quotes from the event:

woo hoooo

Holy kitten!

Clutch time

freakin less than 10s

Down to the frickin wire

I can't believe we pulled that off.

GG GUYS AWESOME

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, azorean.1850 said:

oh you want all be bosses without any effort at all do you now?!

It is not about effort. My thief quick dps in full ascended does 20k+ dps. My OW build, who has more defensive stats and traits on the same thief does 12k+ dps. On a dps build with someone pumping boons it is probably easy 30k+ on a world boss. All with the same effort. I have Professions I rarely play in sub optimal exotics, that probably do a little more then 5k if I would bench them on the golem without extra buffs. The meta trait/weapons just eclipse then non-meta traits/weapons. On top of that full buffs double your dps, they also increase the gap between optimal and sub optimal setup.

Thanks to that, OW encounters are very volatile depending on who shows up on what.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

It says a great deal about the state of this game that people are defending buffing old content. Meanwhile the new bosses like Delves are just yeah... thus they decided to make more tedious sponges and the people applause and cheer while talking down to anyone raising a concern.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, azorean.1850 said:

You haven't seen Shadow Behemoth lately, did you. It's not about it taking more effort (because it does not). It just keeps going invuln or raises its hitbox at a height where only range 1200-1500 weapons can hit. You burn it for 20-30 seconds, alnd run a round for few minutes doing next to nothing, then rinse and repeat several times over.

It's not difficult by any means. It's just plain annoying. And even more boring than the original SB was.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, azorean.1850 said:

And I would add the fact that the rewards should to be, at least, a little more rewarding than the trash we get for now before thinking about the difficulty.

As I said before, some World Boss like the fire elemental is a hell for the newest players and there are never an entire zerg of experienced players each time to help them.

So why always thinking about boosting an encounter whose the only function is to to serve the discovery of meta events for new players ? End-game players aren't always the target of everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

As I said before, some World Boss like the fire elemental is a hell for the newest players and there are never an entire zerg of experienced players each time to help them.

I stopped doing Fire Elemental because I would get lagged-downed from the AoE attacks.  By the time I would see them, I'd get knocked silly.  Just became annoying and frustrating, so I took it out of my typical WB rotation.  Might be why there are less zerging it now than before?  /shrug

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You haven't seen Shadow Behemoth lately, did you. It's not about it taking more effort (because it does not). It just keeps going invuln or raises its hitbox at a height where only range 1200-1500 weapons can hit. You burn it for 20-30 seconds, alnd run a round for few minutes doing next to nothing, then rinse and repeat several times over.

It's not difficult by any means. It's just plain annoying. And even more boring than the original SB was.

Yes 

But

4 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

BTW, most fun I've had fighting dear old SB was a week or two ago, when only a few players were in attendance. Despite SB's shadowy best efforts and way (way way) too many rounds of ring-around-the-portals, we persevered and sent him packing with less than ten seconds left on the clock. It was kinda GLORIOUS.

Some actual quotes from the event:

woo hoooo

Holy kitten!

Clutch time

freakin less than 10s

Down to the frickin wire

I can't believe we pulled that off.

GG GUYS AWESOME

I kind of like the new world bosses. They don't melt in 4 seconds where the presence of these bosses matters the most (namely, the maps where the people just getting into the game are likely to see them.)

It was a prudent change. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I would actually hope that they make the world bosses more complex both in beginner area's and "late" game. They are extremely easy right now and barely take a few minutes. 

The only change I would like to see is that they reshuffle the boss cycle each few weeks so certain meta events, bosses, etc. get more attention than usual. For Example a HoT Reward week - double the rewards for a week the first time you do X event per day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

World bosses just need some tweaking, on how they work. Shaman, likes to spin off too far, and become invulnerable. SB, needs more melee time (seriously, a clear display of anti melee mechanics). Red circles, also can barely be seen, in the water. I do like the green circles, for hit box. That could be a good thing, for all open world bosses, where it's not always clear, if you're standing in the sweet spot.

FE, it's biggest recent improvement, which is indirect, is the ability to remove other player's visuals. Makes the flame waves, so much easier to see. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm still surprised they buffed SB, Fire Elemental, and Svanir Shaman as much as they did. They're worse than some raid bosses now in terms of HP sponges and boring mechanics—plus worse loot—and I can't see them being a good introduction to world bosses to new players anymore. The previous ones were easy for 80s even with downscaling but they lasted a fraction of the time and were usually successful, which is important for new players.

Sure some world bosses could use a buff to deal with power creep but they went way too hard and had an EoD mentality for starter world bosses that really only needed their HP increased half as much as they did and have AoEs that were clearly marked. Though even the HP thing I'm not sure about because a group of new players should be able to do those three bosses without level 80s and veterans there.

I used to time my Queensdale map completion with SB for easier heart completion, but after the change it takes so much time and the portals have so much health it's easier and faster to just deal with the swamp heart normally now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have to agree. They didn't make them any harder, only more time consuming and boring. They are a chore that's neither fun or worth it.

At least in the past world boss trains were fine filler content that made you travel the world and be out in the open with a lot of change in scenery as you zip around Tyria.

I did 1 Shadow Behe for daily yesterday and I never want to go back. Used to be able to do 5 bosses in the past in the same amount of time. Big hp sponges with half a dozen invuln phases.. yikes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Efar.8153 said:

lol, i spent like a lifetime at jungle worm  and got 1 freakin yellow bag

Well dont kill it more then once a day then.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_great_jungle_wurm

One bonus chest: (once a day per account)

  Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear

  Fallen Adventurer's Backpack (4)

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Hot take: Shadow Behemoth wouldn't take twice as long if more people didn't afk at the dps point and actually hunted down portals.

Portals took about the same time before the change. The main poblem is Behe hit box being out of melee (and mid) range for most of burst phase. And semi-invisible aoes being dropped on top of players when that hitbox does get lowered into melee range.

Btw, most of the time if i do try to kill portals, by the time i get back to Behe, its hitbox is already raised up beyond reach. Basically, the whole encounter is built on mechanics that are meant to discourage players from even trying to attack the boss.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/2/2023 at 7:46 PM, Xhang.7352 said:

Let it be a mystery... XD

*ps: theres lots of spinning on weaver not only on water

must be the ice elementalist 💀

Edit 15/07:

Ok stop it with the confused faces. It's condi reaper whirling in ice fields. 

Edited by xellink.7568
For the confused faces the espec starts with R
  • Confused 2

I would also add the champions from Orr. they simply one shot ppl  - i don't get one shot from soo-won, it's ridiculous.

I tried to get a hero point and in order to do that i had to complete some chain event. the champions that spawned simply one shotted us. You can't cast 2 spells an you are dead - on a core map.

why buff them like this? This makes ppl to avoid those maps and simply give up.

Edited by Efar.8153
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2