What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Won't Tell Us...

Chichimec.9364

Welp, it's been five weeks since Anet said that "in  a week or so" they would give us the details of the WR beta that was supposed to happen in early to mid-summer. So far, there's not been a word about those details. We are past early and are now into mid-summer and there is still no sign of the beta that is supposed to be happening now. Clearly something happened to delay all this but despite repeatedly being asked for an update, Anet refuses to say a word to its WvW orphans. This is the last time I'm gonna bother to rez this poor, tired thread as it's also more than clear by now that Anet is just ignoring us. Their official stance seems to be "I Won't Tell You."

Edited by Chichimec.9364
Tired Of Anet's Refusal To Tell Us What Is Going On.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Won't Tell Us...
On 7/7/2023 at 9:18 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

EDIT 3: It's now been more than three weeks since Anet made the statement quoted above. Today there was an important announcement about the new relics coming in the next expansion, but still  not a word about that next WvW beta. 😭😭

EDIT 4: It's now been five weeks since Anet made the above statement and they still have not said a word about the next WR beta. That beta was supposed to start in early to mid-Summer. Well, we are past early and now are at mid-Summer and there is no sign of the beta yet either. I've been asking Anet for weeks now to let us know what is going on with all this and they simply won't tell us anything.

PVE People >  Wvw People is what I get. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:01 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

It has now been almost three weeks since Anet deigned to tell us WvW outcasts that they would give us the details on the next WR Beta in "a week or so". PVE's announcement is going to be two days late so they get an advance heads up about the delay and why it is happening. WvW's announcment is almost two weeks late and what have we gotten but The Sound of Silence..

😕  Hello Darkness my old friend.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The lack of an update is, in itself, an update.  Remember when alliances were first mentioned, and then we found out the lack of updates was due to them shelving the whole thing?

While I do not think they have given up on alliances, I do think it has been shelved until SotO is released.  They are most likely working as much as possible on that, to try to trim down the number of bugs and untested/broken systems before release.  They have asked for a lot of trust and money for this new style of content release, and it would be in their best interest to make sure it goes as well as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Shazan.9638 said:

The lack of an update is, in itself, an update.  Remember when alliances were first mentioned, and then we found out the lack of updates was due to them shelving the whole thing?

While I do not think they have given up on alliances, I do think it has been shelved until SotO is released.  They are most likely working as much as possible on that, to try to trim down the number of bugs and untested/broken systems before release.  They have asked for a lot of trust and money for this new style of content release, and it would be in their best interest to make sure it goes as well as possible.

This is, almost assuredly, the real reason behind the lack of updates for WR.

Expansions is where the real money is, not for expansion money itself, but long term player retention. Alliances dev team was moved to help with Soto. If the expansion flops, WvW won't make any difference. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think they've postponed alliance development again, like they did last time. I wish they'd stop promising news if they're never going to meet their own deadlines. Sometimes I wonder if they just don't like WvW players and they're deliberately jerking us around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

If maybe there was a way to force pve nerds to do wvw then maybe anet would find a way to drain them of their money more often and we might get a sliver of the profit actually utilized in getting better communication in terms of what we are getting next in wvw instead of the consistent ghost Barradin reply. The Ghost talks  then gets slapped around then disappears for months on end, then reappears once again with a ghostly voice " Vision of Cornerstone coming sooooon!".👻 Perhaps we are not slapping the ghosts hard enough 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The only reason I play WvW is so I can get tomes of knowledge for more spirits shards. I don't really care what I do and just need tier 6 participation along with most of the reward track boosters. The result of all this is 300 gold a week from upgrading intermediate materials. 

I think if more people had a way to make money or it was more obvious whats task can generate money then they would do it more. 

We’ll be back in the next week or so with details about the next WvW World Restructuring beta, which will feature the ability for guilds to team up in Alliances for WvW. Between now and launch, we’ll share additional deep dives on Guild Wars 2: Secret of the Obscure features, so be sure to keep an eye on our blog. Then, on August 22, the expansion begins—weaponmaster training, streamlined runes, and the new relic system will all go live alongside a brand-new story and more.

Still waiting..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 2:48 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

They had time to send this email https://i.imgur.com/VjL8BRk.jpg

But can't be bothered to write up one sentence on the status of the wr beta. https://i.imgur.com/OpguQIk.jpg

Went straight to the trash bin, where I'm close to also dumping this game to as well, can't invest in gw2 if they won't invest in wvw, pretty simple.

Took them 10-days to fix the guardian aegis bug.   PVE stuff and story; they are on it in a minute. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is why the WvW community can be extremely cynical when it comes to updates for the game mode. Devs have only themselves to blame for this by lying to us by omission and commission.

It's been 5 years since this restructuring was originally announced. At some point last year we got the "Previous studio leadership de-prioritized the project" and that they've only made "meaningful progress in the last year". And we reluctantly said "fine, I guess it wasn't you". Five weeks ago, we get told we'll get news in a week "or so". And now, again, radio silence. Are we gonna get the same excuse again? What did leadership do now? Who's hands got chopped off that we can't get a message saying "Look guys, I know we said last week, but we're having to pump out the expac. Expect to hear from us sometime after that's stable."

In spite of having personally given up on expecting anything from Alliances, I find it insulting to be yanked around like that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

This is why the WvW community can be extremely cynical when it comes to updates for the game mode. Devs have only themselves to blame for this by lying to us by omission and commission.

It's been 5 years since this restructuring was originally announced. At some point last year we got the "Previous studio leadership de-prioritized the project" and that they've only made "meaningful progress in the last year". And we reluctantly said "fine, I guess it wasn't you". Five weeks ago, we get told we'll get news in a week "or so". And now, again, radio silence. Are we gonna get the same excuse again? What did leadership do now? Who's hands got chopped off that we can't get a message saying "Look guys, I know we said last week, but we're having to pump out the expac. Expect to hear from us sometime after that's stable."

In spite of having personally given up on expecting anything from Alliances, I find it insulting to be yanked around like that.

Oh, sorry that was the other crew we FIRED LOL  Gimme a break and FIX IT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, Chichimec.9364 said:

It's been eight days since that was posted so I do hope we'll be hearing something about this soon. 🤞

EDIT 1: It's now been 13 days since Anet said they'd be giving us those WR Beta details. A reasonable definition of a "week or so" is 7-13 days. So' unless they come in with a late post today, Anet has once again missed their own deadline. And this one was only for an announcement. Sigh... 😧

EDIT 2: It's now been 20 days since Anet said they'd be giving us the details on the next WR Beta in "a week or so". Today Anet dropped posts about the Festival of the Four Winds, about some balance changes, about some changes to BL chests and about new items in the Gem Store. The next WR Beta? Nope, not a peep about it. 😭

EDIT 3: It's now been more than three weeks since Anet made the statement quoted above. Today there was an important announcement about the new relics coming in the next expansion, but still  not a word about that next WvW beta. 😭😭

EDIT 4: It's now been five weeks since Anet made the above statement and they still have not said a word about the next WR beta. That beta was supposed to start in early to mid-Summer. Well, we are past early and now are at mid-Summer and there is no sign of the beta yet either. I've been asking Anet for weeks now to let us know what is going on with all this and they simply won't tell us anything.

This topic should be pinned at the top of the WvW thread.

• Like 3

Sigh. When Anet told us last May that the first, actual Alliance beta would be in early to mid-Summer, I was really excited about Alliances finally happening. When Anet told us at the end of June that we'd have the details on that beta in "a week or so", I was on pins and needles with excitement. Sigh...Anet once again pulled its magically disappearing Alliance hat trick and we have not heard a peep about this beta since that June 28 post.

At this point I am actually hoping, quite despondently, that we don't get that beta till mid-September at the earliest. The SotO expansion is going to be bringing some significant changes to the game and it will take a bit for us all to assimilate those changes. Things like the new reward structure, the new weapons available to each profession, as well as the new relics, not to mention playing the expansion itself will take some some time to sort through. Trying to do our first Alliance beta during all that seems like too much to me. That's just me though, an old, slow, tired guy. Your mileage may vary of course.  I just wish the beta had actually come in early Summer. That would have been a fun thing to do leading up to the new expansion.

There is one last thing I do have to add - Each and everyone one of us has most likely had experience with things not working out the way we had planned. That's part of life. This whole delayed beta experience would not have been so sour for me if Anet had just kept us all posted on what was going on. It's their total Sound of Silence when it comes to WvW issues that is so galling.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Considering at this point anet has been known for dropping the ball to the point it appears to be in the game plan. It's quite interesting how come most of the legendary trinkets provide  ball animations yet for some reason we never see any on the ground to match their so called " Vision" .

I am suspecting all these ball animations are causing massive lag and WvW problems and not lag! 😂 

- Still waiting on Alliances.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

There is one last thing I do have to add - Each and everyone one of us has most likely had experience with things not working out the way we had planned. That's part of life. This whole delayed beta experience would not have been so sour for me if Anet had just kept us all posted on what was going on. It's their total Sound of Silence when it comes to WvW issues that is so galling

This is the real problem. We get an announcement of an announcement, and then don't get the announced announcement... and then we get ignored when asking about the announcement that was announced. It's a pressure pot they're fueling; then they get upset when people lash out after being neglected, ignored or outright lied to. It's much easier to manage expectations when you keep people informed about delays, problems or shifts in priority than just sticking your head in the sand.

I want to think I'm at the acceptance phase where "this will come out when it comes out"... but then that little tidbit of news comes out and gets me riled up again.

Nevertheless we keep playing, we keep posting, we keep buying expansions. I'm guilty of it; what can I say.... I have vested meta-interests (guild, friends, connections) around this game that would otherwise dwindle.

Edited by devastoscz.9851
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2