What Would People Say To Jade Mech Cosmectics?

Akisohida.8963

I don't just mean gem shop, either. But options to outfit and customize our Jade Mechs to make them unique, the same way we can outfit or customize our own gear. Just without using Transmutation Charges.

Heck; add cosmetic gear for Ranger pets, too! Let people express themselves!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

I don't just mean gem shop, either. But options to outfit and customize our Jade Mechs to make them unique, the same way we can outfit or customize our own gear. Just without using Transmutation Charges.

If ANet were to do this, you know that they'd monetize it, so it would have to use transmutation charges.

Anyone can roll a mech if they want to partake. And given how pervasive they are these days there's plenty who'd benefit from it.

Though I'd rather different visual styles be acquired like ranger pets and selected similarly from a pet window like rangers choose their pet loadout. Except in this case it is just picking your mech's skin. Uncover an Inquest-style mech glam somewhere in Asura lands? Add it to your list. Want to use a janky looking jade brotherhood broken down mech instead? Find it in world and interact with it. Steam-powered golem? Look for a husk somewhere in Lornar's Pass. So on and so forth.

I don't ever see it happening but it would be a fun bit of flavor if it ever did.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

Anyone can roll a mech if they want to partake. And given how pervasive they are these days there's plenty who'd benefit from it.

Though I'd rather different visual styles be acquired like ranger pets and selected similarly from a pet window like rangers choose their pet loadout. Except in this case it is just picking your mech's skin. Uncover an Inquest-style mech glam somewhere in Asura lands? Add it to your list. Want to use a janky looking jade brotherhood broken down mech instead? Find it in world and interact with it. Steam-powered golem? Look for a husk somewhere in Lornar's Pass. So on and so forth.

I don't ever see it happening but it would be a fun bit of flavor if it ever did.

Oh plesae tell me how I do that  if I dont own EoD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I think if something like this were implemented, they'd have to have some cosmetic unlock available for each class. Otherwise it would seem unfair. But at that point, it might be too much work to be really feasible.

I would love an option to change the color of mechs/pets/minions just for ourselves though. Could make management easier. And likely wouldn't be too much work.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I think if something like this were implemented, they'd have to have some cosmetic unlock available for each class. Otherwise it would seem unfair.

Why and how? Not every class has pets or minions to customize. You don't prevents ideas based on 'it would not be fair to everyone'.

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I would love an option to change the color of mechs/pets/minions just for ourselves though. Could make management easier. And likely wouldn't be too much work.

I would like that, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

Why and how? Not every class has pets or minions to customize. You don't prevents ideas based on 'it would not be fair to everyone'.

Just because it's player mentality? If something were mechanist exclusive, I could very much see issues.
I'm not sure what options could be for other classes. Maybe Vituoso gets different ghostly weapons instead of daggers? I genuinely don't know. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I love these forums.  They are so expert on GW2 coding!

Well I said "likely". I genuinely don't know. How much work would it be to add an outline to a mech just for the controlling player for example? I'm curious.

...right now, on my mechanist I have to Ctrl+T my own mech during busy metas just so I can try and stay next to it.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Confused 1

I would enjoy new skins for the mech.  I don't main mechanist myself, but it would be nice to see different kinds of mechs out there.

As far as the 'not everyone can use it' argument, there's a lot of things players can't use, depending on their race/class/spec/loadout choices.  For example, I can't use heavy armor skins for my reaper without using a cosmetic from the gemstore.  I don't think it matters if the players playing mechanist get something nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mech skins in itself is not a bad idea, there are a lot of possibilities, and maybe at least mech dyes could be a thing then. 

But like some other people already talked about, I think Anet doesn't want to have class locked gemstore items, it will most likely cause everyone else to ask for a way to customize their class mechanic via gemstore skins. First and foremost, the Rangers ofc. 

But it could be applied to any class since ofc all of them have some kind of unique mechanic, and theoretically all of them can be customized in some way. 

Edited by jason.1083

I would love to see this but for now chances of this is very low and we probably have a better chance at seeing them manage to some how bring back the scrapped Companion system they once had planned for GW2 before GW2 was released than get Jade Bot skins considering that will open up more cosmetic shop options for all professions due to companions being universal to all professions than something exclusive to a single Engineer Elite Spec thing. 

If it does some how get released, I would love to see GW1 Golem skins. 

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

On 7/17/2023 at 6:46 PM, Akisohida.8963 said:

Heck; add cosmetic gear for Ranger pets, too! Let people express themselves!

I should hope not gem shop! At this point, Anet owes US for having to put up with the obnoxious, abominable thing.

A free graphical overhaul is the very least they could do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:10 PM, jason.1083 said:

Mech skins in itself is not a bad idea, there are a lot of possibilities, and maybe at least mech dyes could be a thing then. 

I don't have one of these yet, but I agree if for no other reason than to give them a little more individuality. Seeing a bunch of identical jadebots milling around in social zones is dull, let them be at least a little bit customizable. As for dyes, I'd be cool with that too -- as long as that option was limited to the actual colors of jade that exist.

That could even be its own dye pack, like the Glint dyes, Taimi's Electro dyes, etc.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
added dye pack line