Bots

Nalla.6581

Can we make it harder for bots to target people in wvw and make it harder for them to follow/instant snap or casting on a target they have been so many bots recently that its getting to the point hard to tell who is a bot and who is not a bot and yes bots will target the person with the lowest hp and target kill them on sight by doing all there skills so can we start detecting who is who again and if they fail that bot test they cant play wvw for a month to filter out the bots from players?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

All these bots im talking  were on EU!
There are bots just to flip camps (easy to kill). Easy to detect because they avoid you and focus only on npcs!
I have seen bot with perma superspeed just to perma flip ruins(hard to kill because it is underground)!
I have seen and have video too,someone with a condi renegade having 3 bots same class/build mimicking him(seems he got banned,we reported him over 40 people on the same time)!
Someone told me there was a ''famous'' bot with few secs cooldowns (maybe to avoid detection from the system) killing people at blue spawn camp on green border,24/7 and finished ultimate dominator in few months.Could be lying to me i dont know!!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nalla.6581 said:

Can we make it harder for bots to target people in wvw and make it harder for them to follow/instant snap or casting on a target they have been so many bots recently that its getting to the point hard to tell who is a bot and who is not a bot and yes bots will target the person with the lowest hp and target kill them on sight by doing all there skills so can we start detecting who is who again and if they fail that bot test they cant play wvw for a month to filter out the bots from players?

Everything you just said sounds like your typical WvW scourge player who has auto target, snap to target, instant cast and a macro that just casts all their skills. They're not bots, they're just a product of ANet putting in these features. It's rare to see an actual bot in WvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's your imagination, even though you seen it with your eyes it's all unreal (wink, wink). From the bot zergs to the bot invaders it was all a figment of your imagination. Like all the alt accounts calling out targets for their server, they're just playing the way the want that's all until their abuse don't pan out then they get mad and start spamming nonsence over the map chat and being borish.

Just close your eyes and the bots will go away... until they apear the next time.

6 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

So I was curious though. Is botting in WvW a real thing? This is literally the first I've heard of it.

Haven't seen one in a while now, but yes there were some script kitties out there that would use the teleport hack to jump around maps in pre-programmed routes that would appear attempt to attack aggro'd NPCs and then after a certain amount of time teleport to the next target. Why do I say they were what we were calling bots, because you could stand there and farm them and they never moved to attack the player attacking them. You could also see them appear at  a target where their side already owned the structure and they would still cycle thru rotations. I think between reports and other things the issue was finally dealt with since its been years since the last time saw this happening.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Haven't seen one in a while now, but yes there were some script kitties out there that would use the teleport hack to jump around maps in pre-programmed routes that would appear attempt to attack aggro'd NPCs and then after a certain amount of time teleport to the next target. Why do I say they were what we were calling bots, because you could stand there and farm them and they never moved to attack the player attacking them. You could also see them appear at  a target where their side already owned the structure and they would still cycle thru rotations. I think between reports and other things the issue was finally dealt with since its been years since the last time saw this happening.  

Thanks for the explanation. It's not something I've ever seen. And I only really ever see/hear about the AFK farmers in PVE. It was just surprising to see the complaint for WvW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

So I was curious though. Is botting in WvW a real thing? This is literally the first I've heard of it.

Was surprised as well when I was watching a Vallun WvW stream a few months back and he kept calling out bots. I didn't really believe him until he made one aggro him, kited it to a cliff and knocked it down the ledge below, where it was stuck because it had nowhere to go. He returned to that place 10 minutes later and the bot was still standing there. And it was on my own server lol.

So yeah they are out there and most people probably don't realize.

Edited by Sonderm.4639
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Thanks for the explanation. It's not something I've ever seen. And I only really ever see/hear about the AFK farmers in PVE. It was just surprising to see the complaint for WvW.

Yeah, I think the weirdest yet are TP bots. /smh. Which I can get the why but they are annoying when they block you from buying things in bulk and it causes your buy orders to fail for extended amounts of times. But that is a different issue.

• Sad 1