Catalyst overperforming so let's nerf base weapons

Razor.6392

• Shatterstone: Increased cooldown from 3 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Water Trident: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW. Reduced the bonus damage from 50% to 33% in WvW only.
  • Hurl: Reduced power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.26 in WvW and PvP.

I'm sure core, weaver and tempest scepter users deserved this nerf.

Signets also just got reworked and one patch later nerfed into oblivion because of ONE FREAKING SPEC.

Edited by Razor.6392
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:
  • Water Trident: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW. Reduced the bonus damage from 50% to 33% in WvW only.

This is what Anet does, same thing happened to core warrior when Spellbreaker was overpreforming.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

Who plays scepter core/weaver/tempest anyway?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Jfc, this is exactly what I was talking about. Yells about everything that is NOT Cata and then Anet listens. This kitten has me so tilted that it is repeating AGAIN. Warrior, Engineer, and now Ele. Good god just unplug PVP and send these people away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

guess catas play signet hammer now or dagger focus

same build, remove earth signet to get earth armor or in a heavy power comp remove the water signet and keep earth

I mean, sure, but now you cant put burning on people as long as you have line of sight to them/need to run after them, and the immob on earth signet to support your burst is gone. Tankiness maintained but now people can decide to leave which I guess is fine?

I agree, they can hit Scepter fire 1 a little harder but they shouldn't touch core weapons any further. This is a catalyst problem, not core. 

If anything, increase CD of shield block  and decrease booms solely provided by catalyst. Then address hammer weapon as needed if over nerfed 

BTW: I play weaver in pvp ever since catalyst complaints became rampant. Why get used to playing a build so overpowered and gonna get nerfed soon? 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i just realized they sent FA weaver to the grave with this patch and did not adress the signet cata, now you can only play scepter on condi builds lol

You know it's funny they somehow hit FA weaver again since FA weaver hasn't been a thing since 2018. I guess we can just accept the fact we are NEVER getting a proper power build in this lifetime. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

The bigger issue is they nerfed signets baseline in a way they really didn't need to accommodate a problematic trait and spec.

This is also atrocious balance, but hey. It's ANet balance.

10 years destroying builds and specs unrelated to the problem while giving zero compensation buffs. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Razor.6392 said:

This is also atrocious balance, but hey. It's ANet balance.

10 years destroying builds and specs unrelated to the problem while giving zero compensation buffs. 

All Elementalists dominated PvP and WvW before this patch. It was an AoE issue and Catalyst had the most so hence the strongest.

• Confused 2