Ok if we doing frequent mini Expansions like ESO, I want more new classes

Ok if we doing frequent mini Expansions like ESO, I want more new classes.        

They have added several new classes since release. I believe its possible here for us to get more new classes as well.  1 new class per armor type could be spread over 3 years, 3 mini expansions 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

No.

Yes !

(It will better increase the chance to get more  ingame popuation than having instanced content ...and imagine the deviant art that will be created ...like Soraka from LoL..  😛 Those people can pay 13 dollars the first month in WoW and the next in FF14 and the 3rd play for free here )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

In theory adding new professions sounds good, but I agree with @kharmin.7683 that it would be difficult to find something for it to do which isn't already covered by the existing options. There's no point adding a new profession if it's redundant and doesn't actually give players more variety. I definitely wouldn't want to see them commit to adding one every year just for the sake of being able to say they are.

(I'd actually prefer it if ESO added new weapon skill lines instead. There's only 6 to choose from and that can make characters feel repetative even if they're different classes.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Not necessarily new profession is what the game needs in my opinion but more free or easy to get skins,commodities and few new races.

But on topic the only new profession which the game could have is a proper mage profession.Not like the current ones but a real mage the rest is pretty well covered

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Ok if we doing frequent mini Expansions like ESO, I want more new classes.        

They have added several new classes since release. I believe its possible here for us to get more new classes as well.  1 new class per armor type could be spread over 3 years, 3 mini expansions 

Name one class concept and it can be tied to a profession that already exists.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

Not necessarily new profession is what the game needs in my opinion but more free or easy to get skins,commodities and few new races.

But on topic the only new profession which the game could have is a proper mage profession.Not like the current ones but a real mage the rest is pretty well covered

What's the difference between a real mage and what we've got now?

That's a genuine question, there's a lot of interpretations of mages in games and I'm curious which one/s you consider to be real mages and how that's different to what we've got.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I have one char each profession - split to the 5 races (male, female - one male charr only though). With people also wanting more races ... I can say: New professions would be more interesing than (just) new races. But with the existing system and then people maybe wanting one for each armor weight class ... it would need a lot of work. They all would need multiple elite specs.

What could work: Deviating from the usual design. I would not mind if minor races got their own race to be playable. But with an own totally different style. Fix them to an own profession only created for them. (Only playable with them and they can only play that profession and no other one.) Would at least only mean one armor class that would need to skins to get adapted to that to a new race. 😄And they don't need new elite and the core story. Just for gameplay and maybe an own story line.

But honestly: Giving us story missions that let us play as someone else ... totalyl would be enough lol. I like dthe missions in S2 with Caithe. And they tried that approach with visions stuff (Rhyland) in IBS but I guess this won't happen anymore.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

What's the difference between a real mage and what we've got now?

That's a genuine question, there's a lot of interpretations of mages in games and I'm curious which one/s you consider to be real mages and how that's different to what we've got.

In GW2 we have around 3 proper caster classes and 2 half  things

Elementalist which is somewhat closer to shaman than to a Wizard/Mage but controlling the element makes it half of the job.

Mesmer is a sort of illusionist but with Chronomancer is the closest thing to the other half of a proper Wizard/Mage

Necromancer is a necromancer it's have his own league of Wizard/Mage.

Half are the Guardian and the Ranger from which one is based on light/heavenly type of magic while the other is nature type.

Now a proper mage in my opinion is somewhere between all of the current Scholars + some even more. I love gravity  bomb where you hold the npc in a bubble and throw it to the ground shattering the zone for example.

It's not my main rpg archetype but I played in several games like WoW,Kingdom's of Amalur, Skyrim ,Blade and Soul,Black Desert,Vindictus, etc but where the most fun I had with mage class was in Elden Ring

Check here one example : https://youtu.be/gqSzUthyrsU it contains most of Elden Ring spells if not all and you will find many similarities xD
I could write pages about but in a nutshell it would be nice to have an interesting Wizard/Mage class which brings some fresh air,I have all 3 scholars and I find some fun with them but I always feel like it's missing something some piece, from each caster,who know lets hope for the bests 😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

In GW2 we have around 3 proper caster classes and 2 half  things

Elementalist which is somewhat closer to shaman than to a Wizard/Mage but controlling the element makes it half of the job.

Mesmer is a sort of illusionist but with Chronomancer is the closest thing to the other half of a proper Wizard/Mage

Necromancer is a necromancer it's have his own league of Wizard/Mage.

Half are the Guardian and the Ranger from which one is based on light/heavenly type of magic while the other is nature type.

Now a proper mage in my opinion is somewhere between all of the current Scholars + some even more. I love gravity  bomb where you hold the npc in a bubble and throw it to the ground shattering the zone for example.

It's not my main rpg archetype but I played in several games like WoW,Kingdom's of Amalur, Skyrim ,Blade and Soul,Black Desert,Vindictus, etc but where the most fun I had with mage class was in Elden Ring

Check here one example : https://youtu.be/gqSzUthyrsU it contains most of Elden Ring spells if not all and you will find many similarities xD
I could write pages about but in a nutshell it would be nice to have an interesting Wizard/Mage class which brings some fresh air,I have all 3 scholars and I find some fun with them but I always feel like it's missing something some piece, from each caster,who know lets hope for the bests 😉

Weaver's Elite is basically this gravity bomb.

Also Revenant is very mage-ish, especially when channeling Ventari, Mallyx, or Glint. So I would also throw that in "half-mage".

Most spellcaster archetypes are pretty well accounted for or easily could be by the current professions. If anything doesn't already exist in the game, it is largely due to EoD choosing really stupid, attacking-forward concepts instead of leaning more into the mage archetypes people want. I.e. Willbender is a fire-ninja and not a warder/shaman; Catalyst is a bunny thumper and not a summoner/geomancer; Virtuoso is a psyblade and not a psionic/charmer. Etc. Etc.

So if EoD is what we have gotten from the current team, where everything is DPSbrrrr and they don't really have the ingenuity or interest to make more magey/tanky/support classes, I don't really care to see *more* of that vapid non-design in the game.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

9 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yes !

(It will better increase the chance to get more  ingame popuation than having instanced content ...and imagine the deviant art that will be created ...like Soraka from LoL..  😛 Those people can pay 13 dollars the first month in WoW and the next in FF14 and the 3rd play for free here )

If you have marketing data to support your points, I'm sure that ANet would love to look at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

If you have marketing data to support your points, I'm sure that ANet would love to look at it.

*Looking at eso for using races as marketing tool , rather than bragging  that we have more raids or better  than WoW or any other mmo*

I might or might not have 😛 Here we cant have more hardcore instances  because people  whine for 6months about Enginner having 30% participation IN RAIDS ..IN RAIDS...IN RAIDS ! While in Diablo 4 any cheasy ranged  class for the world first is acceptable tactic  !

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1