World Linking 7/28/2023

Cal Cohen.2358

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot-2023-09-22-025715 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (ibb.co)

Not surprising to see so many transfers even before the Relinks. It's been 10 years on from probably the biggest Mass transfers I've seen happen on two Servers within 5 months in the EU, when SFR and Deso collapsed, especially before this current Linking system.

Still, before that you had guilds stacking on the same servers, which was kind of fine back then, besides the queues, since there were more active WvW/gvg guilds back then.

It's not so much the same scenario now, some things never change, but you also have people on Alt accounts, who just pivot to different servers, rather than having stick with one server/guild community anymore, because of 'bad' matchups and bad links, to servers who should have enough players already, as they think the grass is greener, in this kind of volatile population 'balance' system.

I doubt Anet envisioned this game mode to be like played like that and I would say abused in that way, they just preferred to let people transfer at a cost like that and dodge on alts.

I think two months of these server links, especially in the EU, is just too long honestly aswell.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682

17 hours ago, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Not surprising to see so many transfers even before the Relinks. It's been 10 years on from probably the biggest Mass transfers I've seen happen on two Servers within 5 months in the EU, when SFR and Deso collapsed, especially with this current Linking system.

Still, before that you had guilds stacking on the same servers, which was kind of fine back then, besides the queues, since there were more active WvW/gvg guilds back then. It's not so much the same scenario now, some things never change.

Not familiar with the screen shot you posted. What is it from?

1 hour ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

STOP GIVING MAG A LINK. that server has too much presence 24/7. They are very big on their own and giving them a link server just makes it worse with how much population they have on all maps round the clock. It's not fun fighting them and also not fun for their linked server. 

I'm sure other log in times must be wildly different but I've felt like their numbers have come down a lot in our last few matches. Maybe they're still packed but for someone with not a lot of time after work to play those are normally the most fun and consistently active matches for my log in time. Some matches can be kind of empty or bleak when I can get on. Maybe it wouldn't make a huge difference though. 

Edited by kash.9213

8 hours ago, Lilas.3648 said:

just link mag with bg for 1 cycle and both servers will kaboom guaranteed

lol. The only server I have never seen NA SBI matched with is BG. Since before links I fought BG quite a bit while on SoR. I enjoy when matched against them since it's a variety of fights. But I enjoy fights with Mag for the same reason. Both servers have their different tactics. Which can be fun once you understand them and adjust. Where will relinks lands for us? No idea lol. But until the WR, at least I can expect to find friends I know outside my guild once we land.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/22/2023 at 4:03 AM, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Not surprising to see so many transfers even before the Relinks. It's been 10 years on from probably the biggest Mass transfers I've seen happen on two Servers within 5 months in the EU, when SFR and Deso collapsed, especially before this current Linking system.

Still, before that you had guilds stacking on the same servers, which was kind of fine back then, besides the queues, since there were more active WvW/gvg guilds back then. It's not so much the same scenario now, some things never change, but you also have people on Alt accounts, who just pivot to different servers, rather than having stick with one server/guild community anymore.

I doubt Anet envisioned this game mode to be like played like that and I would say abused in that way, they just preferred to let people transfer at a cost like that and dodge on alts.

I think two months of these server links, especially in the EU, is just too long honestly aswell.

I can tell you that FSP in particular is stacked with (mostly inactive) alt accounts!

There are no queues during prime time except for when a major objective is attacked and everyone jumps to that map.

Despite this the server is STILL reflected as "Full". The way Anet interns are doing math is quite remarkable when they regard 80 odd players to be a full server.

What is also quite common to see is to have a queue on EBG or HBL while there are only max 40 players on the map. This means there is either some weird bottle-necking bug with the servers OR someone is hiding characters under the map to take up space.

Should the relink tomorrow deliver a third no-link in a row, or, a garbage link with some dead French or German server, it will finally be time to transfer after 11 years. WvW currently is just too unplayable in T4-T5 and by no means enjoyable.

Also, @Lipton Ice Tea.3580 J-T-M ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

I can tell you that FSP in particular is stacked with (mostly inactive) alt accounts!

My experience this week has been that its just woefully ineffective on a strategical level.

This week has been mostly about getting ran over by 15ish because we can barely muster 5 for defense, then a commander finally answer the call... and promptly obliterate them with 50+. Enemy leave. Nothing to fight. Everybody complain. Bugger off to another border. Enemy return soon enough, repeat process.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 1:18 AM, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

STOP GIVING MAG A LINK. that server has too much presence 24/7. They are very big on their own and giving them a link server just makes it worse with how much population they have on all maps round the clock. It's not fun fighting them and also not fun for their linked server. 

Stop giving SoS link they have 24/7 ZERG coverage. 20 SoS players came to kill me @ spawn camp. 

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 1