Reward track potions gone?

So is there no way to get the track potions anymore? Because if this is the case, then I'm so goddammit disappointed by this game. I hate wvw with a burning passion and do not want anything to do with that gamemode (nothing against ppl that like it, but I'm not one of them). And the only way I was able to get the gift of battle for my legendaries was to get in, do one or two easy dailies that I didn't need to actually do much for (sentry or veteran creature) and get out. Now I cannot do that, therefore I have no way to get the gift of battle. So I'm locked from crafting legendaries. Is this how it is now? Or have I missed something.....

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Seems like nearly every thread is bringing up some wacky decision to dismantle the quality of life for anyone who has limited time to log in and play. 

With the track potions, I could build them up and plow through a track that I just wouldn't have time to knock out otherwise. I can see myself ignoring more content because I just won't be able to progress much without other avenues that fit my log in time. 

Their daily choices are also not choices it seems and another example of making me have to decide on logging in or not. It's not so much a matter of me being upset, I have to actually decide if I can hang with this game anymore or if I'll be stuck doing grind work during the half hour to maybe an hour a night, I get to log in. I ignored dailies before anyway at least because I just can't do them, but it sounds like this new vault system will be more prominent.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mourningstar.7309 said:

They're also used in a guild hall upgrade.  Appears to be a massive oversight

It clearly says in the patch notes: Recipes for guild hall upgrades requiring the potions have been changed.

Unless you are claiming this is false or not implemented yet, that is a non-issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It clearly says in the patch notes: Recipes for guild hall upgrades requiring the potions have been changed.

Unless you are claiming this is false or not implemented yet, that is a non-issue.

Strangely enough I have not read the patch notes in their entirety.  I retract my statement.  Doesn't address OP's concerns, which are still valid

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So this is a intended change and the potion are no longer obtainable? Well.... I guess I will no longer be able to craft any legendaries anymore 😞 Amazing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Hope the guild hall changes did not introduce more "expensive" stuff. Playing PvP a lot - found them easy and I think I still needed some. Not that many. Not important upgrades though. It is a bit annoying since this might overall make reward tracks slower to progress for people that did their dailies regularly. In PvP a match - if you won - could give you 4 potions daily. (If you also completed the other 2 ones - omitting tournament match one.) Imo they should introduce those again separately from the new daily system. (Separate category like the fractals category thing.)

I can understand they did not want people to just farm acclaim from PvE and then buy a big load of reward track potions without ever playing that game modes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Hope the guild hall changes did not introduce more "expensive" stuff. Playing PvP a lot - found them easy and I think I still needed some. Not that many. Not important upgrades though. It is a bit annoying since this might overall make reward tracks slower to progress for people that did their dailies regularly. In PvP a match - if you won - could give you 4 potions daily. (If you also completed the other 2 ones - omitting tournament match one.) Imo they should introduce those again separately from the new daily system. (Separate category like the fractals category thing.)

I can understand they did not want people to just farm acclaim from PvE and then buy a big load of reward track potions without ever playing that game modes.

I understand that, but why not make just the gift of battle specifically buyable for the renown? Since they already made precursor + gift of might buyable. I'd rather farm pve for months than play wvw. I really dislike the game mode. I was looking forward to this expansion, but this in particular makes me not even want to play the game anymore.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Guild hall upgrades are now in sight no need for pot's of pvp and wvw 

excuse me , i have over 5000 wvw dailies reward chests i didnt open , because i was saving the potions inside for when i needed them

5000 potions would finish a lot of reward tracks , and its why i did those dailies

• Like 9

It does seem the getting skirmish chests now provides more reward track progress, but I'm still not sure why they made that change - since skirmish progress and reward track progress are both mostly time based, why not just give more reward track progress every 5 minutes?

It seems like a somewhat odd change, because the only real need to do WvW stuff now is keep participation up - before at least, even as a mostly PvE player, I could do some easy WvW dailies for the potions to get some progress.  Now it seems to be, hop in WvW, get participation, sit around for a while to get skirmish chests, which also get reward track, do something else to keep participation up, etc.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, senna.9563 said:

I understand that, but why not make just the gift of battle specifically buyable for the renown? Since they already made precursor + gift of might buyable. I'd rather farm pve for months than play wvw. I really dislike the game mode. I was looking forward to this expansion, but this in particular makes me not even want to play the game anymore.

For the longest time I would point out that completing the PvE(ish) dailies such as Big Spender, Land Claimer, and Veteran Creature Slayer were sufficient avenues for those disinclined to fully engage with WvW to attain their GoB....and now those options are gone.

More than a bit messed up for ANet to kick people while they are already down. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

veteran creature slayer? there was almost never an available veteran creature (that counted, there would be other veteran creatures but not the wurm, warg, or, whatsisface the third one that counted)

i defeated 3 yesterday but I think that doubled my cumulative count of all veteran creatures defeated ever

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, gousgou.5438 said:

Grind (with an unknown increase in every tick of the track)...

so they will drive away players who:
*don't/can't play a lot, or at least not regularly

*don't/can't focus on mainly one game mode

?

why do they do this to themselves and to us?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

so they will drive away players who:
*don't/can't play a lot, or at least not regularly

*don't/can't focus on mainly one game mode

?

why do they do this to themselves and to us?

Yea exactly, I haven't touched the game since finding out yesterday and I'm not going to. Thinking of refunding it, but since this is a base-game change it won't even matter. Really disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

I guess now ppl will have to play the game. 🥲

No, this isn't about playing the game. I have plenty of playtime in the game, as I've said - I would rather farm pve for months straight, than play wvw for an hour. This just makes me not want to play at all, because it forces me to play a game mode I do not enjoy. And seriously, do hardcore wvw player even want bad pve to ruin their gamemode because they are farming for their gift of battle? Doubtful.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1